AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.061 (29th Aug 2023)

Moderator: Vic

ernieschwitz

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.047 (28th Nov 2022)

Post by ernieschwitz »

Hi :)

What scenario? And does this happen in other scenarios?

Best,
Claus
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Ormand

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.047 (28th Nov 2022)

Post by Ormand »

Hi, can you be a bit more explicit? I presume that this is also Diplomacy Remastered? Where are you trying to change the name? On the unit it's self in the unit info window, where it says "Click to change name of unit", or the TOE button on the tool bar, where it says "click to change the model of this unit"? Note that with a TOE assigned you can only change the short name in the TOE window. It might be best to send me a save game with explicit instructions on what causes the problem, which I also presume is a CTD.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.050 (19th Jan 2023)

Post by Vic »

bump! new subversion posted! its great to see regular patches to ATG agian. Thanks phoenix team!
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
george420

Post by george420 »

Very nice, thanks. :)
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

The oil bug is back. I had over 78,000 units of oil, and after two air transports and and para drops, my oil was all gone.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Can you send me a save game (and your scenario) set up to perform the transports and paradrops so that I can track it through the debugger?
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I'll need your example, as I did a test, and didn't see excessive oil use for both a paradrop and air transport. Often bugs, or strange things, are due to the exact thing you are doing so I need to check the exact conditions. And you should check the fuel used by your air transports as well.

That said, while checking I did uncover a bug in the paradrop system that would allow you to select a paratroop unit that you can't actually paradrop. The weights for paradrops are done so that a unit must be able to be carried in total by an air transport unit. For example, if you have a paratroop unit with 3 paratroopers with weight 20 and your air transports have carry capacity of 30. You still need 3 transports as the 10 carry points left over from 2 transports can't be combined to carry the 3rd paratrooper. The check to allow you to select the unit will be changed to make this consistent.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Is this Beta still live? I tried the link in the OP to DL it and it doesn't seem to be downloading a zip file. :?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yes, the Beta should still be live.

We are looking into what is going on.

EDIT: I tried downloading it and had no trouble... Perhaps you can describe how exactly you tried to download it, and with what browser?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Thanks for the reply, Ernie. I finally figured it out. Windows Defender was blocking the download and giving me some weird file extension in its place. I temporarily turned off WD and downloaded the Beta file and then turned WD back on so that I got the files downloaded as they should be.

Gotta love security sometimes! :oops:
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.051 (15th May 2023)

Post by Vic »

bump! Big patch! Including new UI movement mode. Big thanks to Phoenix Team!

Note there have been some serious changes made, so please do report any bugs you run into with this new version.

We are going to finetune this one and then try to make it the new main version.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I thought that I should point a few new things, and hopefully they all work well. One thing I tried to do was to do what I could to help reduce clicking. But, here are some of the new features in 2.40.051

1. There is now a path displayed for movement if you hover the mouse over a highlighted hex. At the end of the AP cost is displayed. This way you know exactly how your units will go to the hex you want to move to,
2. In the transfer window, there is a button that will allow you to transfer subformations to a unit with a TOE assigned to it with a single click. Clicking it will automatically send all the subformations needed to meet the TOE needs. It will use either the selected cap or own power, and will always select own power if it is possible. This feature is really useful if you want to manually transfer the subformations to a unit after they have been sent from a higher level HQ to the unit's HQ (that is you are a bit impatient as they will be sent next turn anyway). But, for example, if you are building a new army, you create an HQ and then several empty units with a TOE on top of it. The next turn, the TOE system will send the required subformations to the HQ. You can then use this button to more easily transfer the subformations manually during your turn. The caveats are that like all transfers, they use APs and will affect the unit they are being transferred to in terms of APs, Readiness, etc. Also, if you use cap, it costs you more than if you let the TOE system handle it. This can, however, reduce some of the clicks needed to quickly get units up and moving.
3. I explored with introducing a new movement system that is more akin to what is used to Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive. This can be selected in the Preferences window. Instead of having to select a unit and then pressing the Move button, the move button is always active and you can enter movement mode at anytime by pressing the Move Button or pressing "M". Then, you can select any unit with a left click, and then move it to a new hex with a right click. You can continue moving units this way until you are done. Just left click to select, and right click to move. This helps to avoid a lot of clicking to move units, and is easier to move a unit in steps, i.e., you don't have sufficient recon, and you don't want to fall into a trap. An additional feature is that in the Movement Mode, if you right click on an enemy unit that you can see and attack, the game will switch to combat mode where you can select units to conduct an attack. If you initiate an attack, the game will return to the play screen (no orders) when combat is finished.
4. Shipyards are now active for random PheonixGames (renamed RisingDawn) only when the map is >= 25% sea and the AI is capable of building them. Factories are also prioritized a bit in terms what the AI will build rather than just being completely random. Shipyards can only be built on a shore hex with a road. What is defined as a "shore" hex is a hex adjacent to a "large" sea area, which is essentially an attempt to allow them major waterways.

These are the biggest changes as well as some key bug fixes. In addition, the editor is more robust.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Wow! Thank you, Vic and Beta team for working on this latest patch. ATG is easily the best war game that I have ever worked with and played with. It's incredibly flexible and the developer support is the best that I know of. The sub-formation system is the perfect wargaming system. It's manageable, realistic, and a LOT of fun to play with and the possibilities for modding the game are almost boundless and the most versatile of any war game I'm familiar with. As far as I'm concerned this game is a home run out of the ballpark and beyond the parking lot.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Thanks Gary. It feels good to be appreciated. Hopefully, this will lead to a new version, although it will take time to get it done!! Maybe there will be a few other "improvements" if we do go forward with a major update.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

My apologies, but I found a bug in the PhoenixGame scenario file when using hidden crates. I failed to catch a change in the name of the function, so it gives a message that function isn't found and won't place the crates. Here is the fix:
PhoenixGame.zip
(735.52 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.052 (22nd May 2023)

Post by Vic »

Last minor changes. Please use this version to better report any bugs.
best wishes,
Vic
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.056 (4th July 2023)

Post by Vic »

Bump! New version! plenty of fixes and improvements! Big thanks to Phoenix team.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Thanks, gents, for the continuing work on this. I'll have to fire it up soon.

Cheers,
CB
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Some very nice work here. Be sure and load this version up.

Chuck
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.057 (19th July 2023)

Post by Vic »

Next version. Phoenix Team did a lot of work on anti-supply system.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Gold: Open Beta”