AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.035 (21st July 2022)

Moderator: Vic

Ormand

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.029 (23 june 2022)

Post by Ormand »

lion_of_judah wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:06 pm Ernie
you said there are rulevar changes. What are they and what do they do, thanks
Hi Lion of Juda, there are five new rulevars to control a few new features. Mostly, they are used to keep the previous versions of the game intact. The main exception is rulevar(918), which can be used to keep track of changes in a masterfile and refactor games made with the previous version of the masterfile.

RuleVar(913) = "Amphibious assault attack modifier for attackers (<1 = penalty, 1 = no effect, > 1 = bonus)"
This can be set as a global value for all SFTypes. There is also data value that can be set for each SFType.

RuleVar(914) = "Allows players to select regime settings in random games (0 = no, 1 = yes)"
This is a flag to use the new select regime settings for random games. New so that it is possible to still do the old way.

RuleVar(918) = "EXPERT USE *** Used to create master to refactor existing game/scenario after masterfile has been reorganized (0 = no, 1 = yes)"
You can set this as a means to keep track of changes in the masterfile as you move items up & down etc. It sets a data element that is displayed call OrigIndex, i.e., where the item was before it is moved. You can then load this file, with rulevar(918)=1 into a game made with the original masterfile, and it will refactor the game into the new masterfile, i.e., it will map the original data items into the new ones. Basically, it is the same masterfile, but reorganized.
You cannot use a masterfile with rulevar(918)=1 for generating random games.
Also, **** WARNING **** setting rulevar(918) = 0 will reset the OrigIndex value to the current index, and original locations will be lost, and the file can't be used to refactor a game.
Use this feature with caution and make backups of your work and it is still "experimental". I have tested it a few times.

RuleVar(919) = "Extend climate system for random games to full North-South world (0 = no, 1 = yes)"
Flag to use extended climate system for random games. Otherwise use the old system

RuleVar(920) = "Stringlist to define random peoples and regimes"
Added to add more flexibility with random games. The rulevar is the StringList ID and is used if > 0. This StrinLlist takes the place of the rulevars. The StringList has four columns: 0 = People, 1=Stringlist ID for officer algorithm, 2= Extragraphic, 3=Stringlist ID for regime names. The number of rows defines the number of possible peoples and can be greater than what can be done currently in a NewDawn. You would still need to provide the Extra graphics, which is why it isn't used in RisingDawn. I am using it in FourSeasons, if I can get it finished.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Tac2i wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm Bug? I have the open beta installed on my laptop and have two screens attached to it. With the game running on my laptop screen, if I move the mouse pointer to the left or right edge, the mouse pointer continues onto the other screens.
I presume that this didn't happen before, correct? I admit that this is not something I looked at, not understand that well. I don't think that I did anything that would affect bounds for the mouse, so it will take me a while to figure it out. Other than being bothersome, does it cause other problems? I am just trying to figure out where to prioritize it.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Attached are descriptions of the new checks and execs.
Attachments
NewATGExecs.pdf
(228.57 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
NewATGChecks.pdf
(201.8 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
budd

Post by budd »

anyway to get NATO symbols with Rising dawn random game?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

My current wish list for Phoenix:

1) incorporate the delayed war mod as a game option from the settings screen
2) incorporate the ability to set alliances from the settings screen
3) NATO counters option including for the AI
4) ability to set screenshot size from settings screen (or change default to regular hexes)
5) auto save game option using some form of regime name and month/year
6) improve random game road building (i.e. avoid a resource hex with a road to another regime and not to your regime)
7) if you ally your regime with an AI regime, add the option to refuse allied AI unit entry into your territory. It can get messy when allied AI units get involved around your units.

The less you must go into the editor to set basic game options or fix roads the better.
Last edited by Tac2i on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I never played ATG on a PC with multiple screens until recently. Frankly, upon thinking more about this I am not sure it should be changed. If I have multiple screens and want to do something on one of the other screens, I do not want my mouse locked into the game screen.
Ormand wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:09 pm
Tac2i wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm Bug? I have the open beta installed on my laptop and have two screens attached to it. With the game running on my laptop screen, if I move the mouse pointer to the left or right edge, the mouse pointer continues onto the other screens.
I presume that this didn't happen before, correct? I admit that this is not something I looked at, not understand that well. I don't think that I did anything that would affect bounds for the mouse, so it will take me a while to figure it out. Other than being bothersome, does it cause other problems? I am just trying to figure out where to prioritize it.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

@Budd: My NATO Counters Mod should work with Rising Dawn.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 7&t=202713
budd wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:26 am anyway to get NATO symbols with Rising dawn random game?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
budd

Post by budd »

Tac2i wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:35 am @Budd: My NATO Counters Mod should work with Rising Dawn.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 7&t=202713
budd wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:26 am anyway to get NATO symbols with Rising dawn random game?
Thank you sir, I did try to use your counters, but must of did something wrong as I couldn't get them to show up. I thought I followed your instructions well, but no dice. I'll give it another look this weekend. Your counters should be in the game as an option, lovely counters.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

There should be a patch sometime today, or soon, depending on when Vic can get to it. Ask, and you shall receive. There is anow a variant to have NATO counters in Rising Dawn. It uses NATO counters I made. It is accessed like a normal variant, click the button before clicking "Start". I do it with an event that replaces the counter sprites as the game starts. This was the easiest way. The only other way would be to add a second counter. UGH. The NATO counters are black on white. For experts, you can change this with the event - the names of the sprites are stored in a stringlist, but the directory path is in the event.

I also added a directory to use the NATO counters I made for the TOE system.

I also added the delayed war mod as a variant, although I modified the start to be a bit dependent on the size of the map.

Other things:
1. Volume control sliders on the preference screen
2. Selection of the screenshot resolution on the preference screen.
3. A tweak to AI combat - it should be a bit more efficient using the stacking limit.
4. And a few bug fixes.

If it passes some of Vic's checks, it should be up soon.

Thanks for the feedback and hopefully I won't here too many bug reports.
Vic

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.032 (10th July 2022)

Post by Vic »

bump! v2.40.32 is up!

big thanks to Phoenix Team

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Wow! Excellent job AT Phoenix team. This 10 July 2022 update is fantastic! Excited to see what comes next.
Vic wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:25 am bump! v2.40.32 is up!

big thanks to Phoenix Team

best wishes,
Vic
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Do I need to install the last beta patch, before this updated one, or just install this one. Thanks
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I am fairly certain you do not need the previous beta patch. This one would simply overwrite it if you already had it.
lion_of_judah wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:22 pm Do I need to install the last beta patch, before this updated one, or just install this one. Thanks
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Wish List Item

Post by Tac2i »

New Wish List Item:

A button on the main UI for Production Overview.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Wish List Item

Post by Tac2i »

New Wish List Item:

Regime Settings Screen - add button to select human. Currently, the first regime is always the human. While not necessary, up and down arrows to rearrange the order.
2022-07-11_091709.jpg
2022-07-11_091709.jpg (271.38 KiB) Viewed 211 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Ormand

Re: Wish List Item

Post by Ormand »

Tac2i wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:32 pm New Wish List Item:

Regime Settings Screen - add button to select human. Currently, the first regime is always the human. While not necessary, up and down arrows to rearrange the order.

2022-07-11_091709.jpg
This one is hard to do due to real estate issues. If you select people, name, color and flag, there isn't much room for a Human button. I'll have to think about it. I need the space between people and flag buttons for potentially loner names, etc.
Ormand

Re: Wish List Item

Post by Ormand »

Tac2i wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:01 am New Wish List Item:

A button on the main UI for Production Overview.
Looks like this will be in the next version. You will still have to click on a production center to be able to open it. The production of the selected site is in the bottom window, so it has to be selected. Although, if I play around I might be able to find a way around that.
Tac2i

Wish List Item

Post by Tac2i »

New Wish List Item:

A Save Game button on the main UI.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Wish List Item

Post by Tac2i »

On the map, include a visual indicator on each resource hex (oil and raw) so that you can see at a glance which one's have had their level raised by engineers.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

New Feature Request: War Journal

Post by Tac2i »

Develop or repurpose the feature for sending text messages to other players. Call this feature 'War Journal.' Opening the journal allows the player to make notes. Perhaps include some data from the game. Auto name this text file with regime people group and month/year + round number (i.e. GE0538R01.txt). Save this file to a new game folder titled War Journal.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Gold: Open Beta”