Infantry Equipment Question

Strategic Command: American Civil War gives you the opportunity to battle for the future of the United States in this grand strategy game. Command the Confederacy in a desperate struggle for independence, or lead the Union armies in a march on Richmond.

Moderator: Fury Software

dwesolick

Infantry Equipment Question

Post by dwesolick »

I'm at level 3 on infantry equipment research (playing CSA). I can upgrade all my divisions and corps, but none of my smaller units (regiments, brigades) will upgrade. Is this working as designed or do I have a glitch? The manual doesn't seem to specify a size limit on units for upgrading, unless I missed something.

edit: should clarify that my smaller units have upgraded to level 2, but won't upgrade to level 3.
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
BiteNibbleChomp

Re: Infantry Equipment Question

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

This is working as intended, small units can go to level 2, larger units (and European brigades) can upgrade to level 4.
It looks like the last update to the manual occurred before the patch that added this rule to the game.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

dwesolick wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:14 am I'm at level 3 on infantry equipment research (playing CSA). I can upgrade all my divisions and corps, but none of my smaller units (regiments, brigades) will upgrade. Is this working as designed or do I have a glitch? The manual doesn't seem to specify a size limit on units for upgrading, unless I missed something.

edit: should clarify that my smaller units have upgraded to level 2, but won't upgrade to level 3.
It doesn't seem to be specified in the standard manual, but it works the same on my game. Brigades and regiment don't upgrade any higher than two on infantry equipment. Most likely working as designed. I think it's to encourage the players to leave the smaller formations behind as the war goes on and lean on their divisions and corps to do the bulk of the front-line fighting.
dwesolick

Post by dwesolick »

Ah OK, good to know. Thanks for the quick responses!
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

Return to “Strategic Command: American Civil War”