Why can't I move my HQ to these hills for several turns?

Strategic Command: American Civil War gives you the opportunity to battle for the future of the United States in this grand strategy game. Command the Confederacy in a desperate struggle for independence, or lead the Union armies in a march on Richmond.

Moderator: Fury Software

fcsaba

Why can't I move my HQ to these hills for several turns?

Post by fcsaba »

So I have Keamy HQ north of Santa Fe and while I can move my units to the south, the HQ seems to be stuck with 0 supply for three turns now, and I'm unable to move it to the hills. Any idea how to solve this?
Attachments
bug_s.png
bug_s.png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 459 times
Tanaka

Re: Why can't I move my HQ to these hills for several turns?

Post by Tanaka »

fcsaba wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am So I have Keamy HQ north of Santa Fe and while I can move my units to the south, the HQ seems to be stuck with 0 supply for three turns now, and I'm unable to move it to the hills. Any idea how to solve this?
Yes there seems to be some buggy things going on here in the new DLC. AI HQs and cannons getting left way behind among other things...
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Tanaka wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:30 pm
fcsaba wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am So I have Keamy HQ north of Santa Fe and while I can move my units to the south, the HQ seems to be stuck with 0 supply for three turns now, and I'm unable to move it to the hills. Any idea how to solve this?
Yes there seems to be some buggy things going on here in the new DLC. AI HQs and cannons getting left way behind among other things...
This isn't an AI problem...this is his HQ apparently. Looks to me it's just mud and he doesn't have enough action points to move south in the hills currently. Looking closer he could move north, though I am sure he wants to move south. Probably will be able to move it south slowly when the weather clears.
Question is how the heck did he get that Hq up there in the first place?
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
fcsaba

Post by fcsaba »

OldCrowBalthazor wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm
This isn't an AI problem...this is his HQ apparently. Looks to me it's just mud and he doesn't have enough action points to move south in the hills currently. Looking closer he could move north, though I am sure he wants to move south. Probably will be able to move it south slowly when the weather clears.
These units spawn further north at Bent's Fort, then the most obvious task for them is to move on Santa Fe.

Anyway, I'm about the achieve a major victory with some luck, but I couldn't never move this HQ farther south.
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

The HQ is out of supply, so it is limited to 1 AP per turn. That's enough to move into open hexes, but not hills.

To avoid this, move the army along the road connecting Bents Fort to Spanish Peaks, Canadian River, Las Vegas and then Santa Fe.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

fcsaba wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:51 pm
OldCrowBalthazor wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm

These units spawn further north at Bent's Fort, then the most obvious task for them is to move on Santa Fe.

Anyway, I'm about the achieve a major victory with some luck, but I couldn't never move this HQ farther south.
Ah ha got it. Looked like mud but it was lack of AP because of supply. Also thanks haven't spun out this scenario yet so now I got the answer how that Hq got where it was. Ive been testing 1879 Ghosts of the Pacific in anticipation of a future MP match.
Looking at your map again I know that area well in real life. Yeah, you could get in trouble out there, especially in the mid 19th century. 😮
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods

Return to “Strategic Command: American Civil War”