Santa Anna Hq in Mexican War

Strategic Command: American Civil War gives you the opportunity to battle for the future of the United States in this grand strategy game. Command the Confederacy in a desperate struggle for independence, or lead the Union armies in a march on Richmond.

Moderator: Fury Software

gamer78

Santa Anna Hq in Mexican War

Post by gamer78 »

I think in US&Mexican War scenario there is no sea transport and couldn't figure out how to use this HQ.

Maybe this is defensive HQ.I've read historical notes but as I've zero knowledge about this war so couldn't figure out how to use this HQ against AI and maybe in future PBEM.
BiteNibbleChomp

Re: Santa Anna Hq in Mexican War

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Historically Santa Anna, and the vast majority of the Mexican army, rushed north initially, eventually fighting the Battle of Buena Vista near Saltillo (the battle site is marked on the map) in February 1847.
After Scott's landing at Veracruz in March 1847, Santa Anna took most of his army back south, fighting a number of battles along the mountain roads east and then south of Mexico City.

Whether this is the right strategy to use in the game depends on the actions of both you and your opponent :D

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Strategic Command Designer
https://www.youtube.com/@bitenibblechomp
gamer78

Re: Santa Anna Hq in Mexican War

Post by gamer78 »

Thanks for the historical background. I've re started again in the new patch, USA AI landed first Tampico and then Veracrus. It was harder than before to get control Port Isabel. I didn't achieve yet. :)

Return to “Strategic Command: American Civil War”