American Civil War: Map Mods and HQ Ratings

Strategic Command: American Civil War gives you the opportunity to battle for the future of the United States in this grand strategy game. Command the Confederacy in a desperate struggle for independence, or lead the Union armies in a march on Richmond.

Moderator: Fury Software

BillRunacre

American Civil War: Map Mods and HQ Ratings

Post by BillRunacre »

Strategic Command: American Civil War comes with an optional setting to display HQs names and ratings on the screen!

This can be important as elite HQs provide an extra special bonus, thus being able to easily see who is who at a glance is all the more important.

As a top general, Stonewall Jackson is definitely important, therefore his name displays in yellow and with an orange outline:

Everyone has their own preferences, so Strategic Command: American Civil War comes with a choice of 3-D and NATO counters, plus in-built official mods enabling you to very easily change the look of the map.

You'll be able to choose between different displays of the Confederate flag, two brand new map styles and the "classic" style used in our other games.

Alternate Flag Files replace the Confederate battle flag with the labelled alternative in all cases except the banner-style flags in historical event Pop Ups.

Alternate Map Sets change the colour of the map to a different shade of the default tan, or the green from the previous SC3 games:

The Fog of War Mod darkens the fog of war effect to more clearly show which hexes are currently within spotting range:

To use these mods just go to Settings → Mods and select the one(s) you want to use. It’s that simple!

Undoubtedly, our great modding community will soon be adding more to this list. :D

Strategic Command: American Civil War is being released on Thursday 30th June, at which point you’ll be able to lay your hands on these features and many more!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
SamuraiProgrmmr

Re: American Civil War: Map Mods and HQ Ratings

Post by SamuraiProgrmmr »

The images are not showing. Instead I get a small icon and the word 'image'.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?
jbmoore68

Post by jbmoore68 »

Images showing fine for me.
SamuraiProgrmmr

Post by SamuraiProgrmmr »

Thanks jbmoore68. I tried several times during the day and they finally just loaded. It was strange. They wouldn't load after several attempts and then I tried to open on in another tab. It gave an error about taking too long to respond and then suddenly *poof* I had a picture. Then reloading the page brought them in. I suspect it was a DNS issue or something else arcane. Having satellite internet doesn't always help. :(
Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I like the images. I'm used to Nato counters. So I'll start with that :D ....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

How does one load the NATO version of counters? I only see 2 to choose from.
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
Soulcollector

Post by Soulcollector »

ElvisJJonesRambo wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 pm How does one load the NATO version of counters? I only see 2 to choose from.
When you open the options menu, then there is a checkbox for 3D units. Uncheck it and you see NATO counters.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

Ah, thanks. I'm an Old Fish, need them standard counters.
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
pascalc

Post by pascalc »

When I was doing the beta, I found that the standard counters helped get my eyes into the game.
And, yeah, I'm an oldie.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

This is great thanks was looking for this info!

Return to “Strategic Command: American Civil War”