Modifying AA and AT range

An area to show off your editing!

Moderator: Saint Ruth

gagnradr

Modifying AA and AT range

Post by gagnradr »

I thought about experimenting in the editor with some more modern scenario and/or something in the 500m scale. The increased range of more modern AA (SAM) systems would be quite important as would be the ZOC of AT (ATGM) systems. The editor doesn't give a range for these systems - is there any way I can tweak some tables in the background?
bcgames

Re: Modifying AA and AT range

Post by bcgames »

gagnradr wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:22 am ...is there any way I can tweak some tables in the background?
No. However, you can adjust the ranges of artillery and HQs units.
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Heavy AA also has a range of 1, so protects adjacent hexes. Regular AA just protects its own hex.
cheers,
brian
Saint Ruth

Post by Saint Ruth »

Thinking about this, I could add a range for AA guns, but not sure what "range" of AT guns would actually mean?
AT guns neutralize enemy armour shock...but that would be strange as a ranged effect.
gagnradr

Post by gagnradr »

The question of ranged ATGMs came up firstly when I thought about the Syrian War, where they basically blocked support and counter offenses of SAA forces into Idlib province. The ZOC radius of AT guns could somehow recreate that, but the ZOC of the gun ranges from 750m radius to >3750m radius, which depends on the scaling of map. Therefore I asked.

The range for AA would be nice indeed! I hope these fancy ideas don't cost you too much of an headache.

Return to “WEGO World War II: Stalingrad: Editor and Campaign Editor”