Stalingrad Battle sound

Moderator: Saint Ruth

zeero101

Stalingrad Battle sound

Post by zeero101 »

Hi,
I have recently bought and starting playing your excellent game, however I have one issue which I cannot find reference to in the forum.

On playing the "battle film", the quality of the battle.wav file (991kb) is very poor and has an annoying static sound running through it. This happens in all scenarios I have tried. All other sound files are perfectly fine.

I checked the Desert War battle .wav file (7.74mb) and it seems to be the same file (lasts 46 seconds), so I used this to replace the Stalingrad battle file in the sound folder, however the "static" noise is still present.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Stuart
zeero101

Re: Stalingrad Battle sound

Post by zeero101 »

**Update**

Ok I have resolved it to my own satisfaction :)

I found another folder named "background" containing 3 files, backgroundFrozen, backgroundGood and backgroundMud, which to me were all affected by the "static" sound. As they appeared to be a slight variation on the original "battle" .wav file I renamed the original files, copied in the "clear" version of "battle" .wav from Desert War 3 times and renamed them all accordingly. Not an exact fix, but I'm more than happy with the results :)

Looking forward to playing more WEGO Stalingrad! :)

cheers
Stuart
bcgames

Re: Stalingrad Battle sound

Post by bcgames »

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look to see what is going on.

Return to “WEGO World War II: Stalingrad: Tech Support”