Unknown decompression error has occurred

Moderator: Saint Ruth

Deathtreader

Unknown decompression error has occurred

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

I am unable to install v.1.00 as I am getting a consistent decompression error (#2026) every time I try to install the game. I have tried with and without my AV program (Bitdefender) disabled. I've tried with and without using my WinZip installation. I've downloaded the installer from My Page 4 or 5 times and the result is always the same. Strangely enough the file that appears to be the problem is START.EXE as when I get the error and choose IGNORE as my option the installer proceeds to install everything else ie. maps etc.

Any suggestions?? :?:

Like maybe sacrificing a chicken?? :o

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Saint Ruth

Re: Unknown decompression error has occurred

Post by Saint Ruth »

Don't sacrifice that chicken just yet ;) . I'll forward this on to someone in matrix.
Cheers,
Brian
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Thanks!!
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
SamSlitherine

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi Rob,

It seems that the Start.exe, which is the executable to start the game is still open or hanging on your system maybe? If you close the game, or kill the process on task manager and try again?

If you try the update after restarting your system does the issue still persist?

AV programs and corrupted downloads are usually the cause of decompression issues - but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

If you continue to have issues could you contact our support team @ support@matrixgames.com

Sam

Return to “WEGO World War II: Stalingrad: Tech Support”