Alien Development in Progress - They Can Hear You If You Scream Loud Enough

Please post here for questions and discussion about data, event, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

runandhidegamer

Post by runandhidegamer »

Coming To Distant Worlds 2 in July / August 2023

Alien Logo Master.png
Alien Logo Master.png (239.53 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Last edited by runandhidegamer on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
runandhidegamer

I have been working on this Alien mod for the last few weeks and thought it time to announce this as the third mod I am working on for Distant Worlds 2.

The creatures you see in this mod will be terrifying with multiple variants of the Predators and Xenomorph races not only battling other races in the mod but also attacking each other.

This is a mod I have been planning for many years and I am looking forward to getting it released soon.
Last edited by runandhidegamer on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
runandhidegamer

It is the year 2179 and humans have begun to set up research and mining colonies far distant from Earth. To reach their destination, the crews of the commercial haulers would spend years of their journey in hypersleep chambers, awakening from the chambers once they had arrived at their destination.

Sometimes the journeys were very risky and many of the commercial haulers were lost never to be heard from again. This is why the crew of the haulers was always paid so well to undertake the often dangerous and risky journeys.

In the Alien mod, there will be 7 human colonies set up on various worlds and these colonies are listed as :
- LV-426

- LV-187

- LV-412

- LV-729

- LV-742

- LV-871

and

- LV-895

These colonies will soon be faced with and become involved in a war between xenomorphs and predators in their region of space, and not one of the human colonists has had reason to scream in space as yet.
Last edited by runandhidegamer on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
runandhidegamer

Each human colony will be protected by a squad of Colonial Marines whose job it is to take the fight to the Xenos and Predators and protect the human colonies from the Xeno threat.
runandhidegamer

The first Alien Xenomorph for the mod:
Xenomorph LV-109
Human Survivors - None

Screen 01.png
Screen 01.png (401.19 KiB) Viewed 571 times
runandhidegamer

Xenomorph LV-813
Human Survivors - None

Screen 02.png
Screen 02.png (538.35 KiB) Viewed 559 times
runandhidegamer

In the 44 years since we watched the events occur on the commercial space tug Nostromo way back in 1979, we have never ever seen a Xenomorph piloting a starship.
In fact there has never been one piece of evidence that has shown that at any time these Xenomorphs have ever had the intellect to pilot a ship.

The Xenomorph is nothing more than a killing machine whose purpose in life is to hunt down anyone and everyone unlucky enough to find themselves anywhere near a Xenomorph.

So wait.... I have a mod called Alien with many different types of Xenomorph aliens and none of them can fly?

Oh it sounds like this mod is doomed from the very start.

But wait...... this is already planned for and at no stage will the Xenomorphs be flying starships or making contact with Space Marines or calling mining stations wanting to start trade with them.

And you will certainly not see a Xenomorph talking in English to a mining station..... the most you would get from an Alien is maybe a couple of hisses and some acid.... but talking? No...not happening.

As said...... I have a plan.......

Screen 03.png
Screen 03.png (469.02 KiB) Viewed 541 times
runandhidegamer

The Alien Xenomorphs, while deadly, are not very technologically advanced so, that means they have no form of interstellar travel, or even the capacity to fully comprehend what that even means.
So what I have been working on is how to have a mod for Distant Worlds 2 called Alien where the Aliens cannot even fly a spaceship across the map.

And to follow what the upcoming 2024 movie and TV series are doing is to move away from the Engineers' idea so this mod is strictly

Humans vs Aliens vs Predators

And the first thing I am doing is working on the Alien planet as seen below and working through the concept of what these xenomorphs do that allow them to survive and grow.

Concept art below
Homeworld2.png
Homeworld2.png (516.77 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Return to “Design and Modding”