Premade Galactic Map like Ancient Galaxy

Please post here for questions and discussion about data, event, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Cameron122

Premade Galactic Map like Ancient Galaxy

Post by Cameron122 »

Is that possible in DW2? I have a sci fi setting I work on as a hobby and I wanna make a mod with the premade empires. Even better if I could have selectable ages. So instead of the two race and government screens there would be an empire screen. I thought about using Mod Maker to make each Empire a separate race with only one available government but that seemed janky. Pre made stars so I can write special events for them. In my lore I have three periods I think would be good for DW2 early Earth Republic (self explanatory, humans start at sol, have a military republic) Late Earth Republic civil war (class of enhanced military governors tear the republic apart, they are called Star Wardens) I already made a Star Warden Warlord government where you hate everyone who also has the government. I also wanted to know what the scripting situation looked like? In a premade galactic map it would be good to have missions and decisions for Empire formation, but I haven’t heard anything about adding new UI elements in a mod.
There are no nations. There is only Humanity.
frankycl

Re: Premade Galactic Map like Ancient Galaxy

Post by frankycl »

Cameron122 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:59 pm Is that possible in DW2? (...)
Why don't you do this (the map) with the ingame-editor ? - You can change or create from scratch many things that you have in game (except system-names, that is :roll: ) - and you could tweak the rest with the XMLs. ;)

(I don't know much of the other things you mentioned, but with a bit of harmony- (or coding-) knowledge you could even do much more (since it is already supported rudimentarily). ;) )

Return to “Design and Modding”