Customizable mega mod pack. Tweak your gameplay how you want.

Please post here for questions and discussion about data, event, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

frankycl

Re: Customizable mega mod pack. Tweak your gameplay how you want.

Post by frankycl »

iancmtaylor wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:01 am Anyway, if you were to click the link in the OP you would see the name of the guy that made the modloader. (...) There's no secret, you just never clicked the link I guess.
Oh, yes, you're right - I never used that link. :oops: - However it's a bit odd that he only uses this symbol now (but not that I wanted to criticize him for that (!) - it was just plain curiosity (since he seems the only one who was/is able to operate with not officially (for modding) opened game-code)). ;)

Thanks for the hints and your answers. :)
ioulaum

Post by ioulaum »

Regarding Faster Fighters:

ComponentId: 303 is quantum engine [FTR] not quantum thruster [FTR], which is ComponentId:281

You might also wanna add:
ComponentId: 284 # starburner
ComponentId: 349 # hive

Regarding Vector Engine Rebalance:

You might wanna consider adding:
ComponentId: 292 #Inertialess Thruster
dostillevi

Post by dostillevi »

I've put myself on hard mode with this mod!

Looking at the "resources get eaten" mod, does that scale based on planet population? The file seems to just give a fixed consumption amount. If it doesn't scale, would that be possible based on what's currently moddable?
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

Anyway to reduce how many spies a civ has with that mod loader ... it really gets out of control late game and I only have 10 planets , I think I have around 20 spies now . That is a joke ... max should be 5 even when you have 100 planets !

Thanks
Intaka

Post by Intaka »

Just wanted to verify that the errors caught by ioulaum are spot on. Thanks for your attention to detail.
Thuran

Post by Thuran »

Don't use the modloader, the file "DW2Net6Win.exe" will install the following Trojan: Win32/Mamson.A!ac !
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

Thuran wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:24 am Don't use the modloader, the file "DW2Net6Win.exe" will install the following Trojan: Win32/Mamson.A!ac !
Hm - my Norton doesn't find anything malicious or threatening - at least not with my latest download-version from April 22... maybe it's only a problem with new downloads ?
But anyway, the moadloader isn't functioning properly with a game version above 1.0.4.9 anymore (most likely because of the use of the .NET 6 framework), so there's no need to use it, anyway (until this is fixed / the files are clean again). ;)
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

Am curious if the mod loader 'ModLoader' was a proof of concept version, am not even able to download this as anti virus does not like it.

mods-mod loader.png
mods-mod loader.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 594 times

Anyone know what the state of 'ModLoader' is? Seems to me this is a possible candidate for DW2 product inclusion. :?: :idea:
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

arvcran2 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:11 pm Am curious if the mod loader 'ModLoader' was a proof of concept version, am not even able to download this as anti virus does not like it.
(...)
Anyone know what the state of 'ModLoader' is? Seems to me this is a possible candidate for DW2 product inclusion. :?: :idea:
No, it's not - sadly it doesn't work with .NET 6x, anymore. :(
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

What was the paradigm? The modified files could contain a subset, and additions, of vanilla definitions, that were loaded into the game? This must have been code run by the game! Did the mod loader make use of the command arguments?
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

arvcran2 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:41 pm What was the paradigm? The modified files could contain a subset, and additions, of vanilla definitions, that were loaded into the game? This must have been code run by the game! Did the mod loader make use of the command arguments?
Don't know - it consisted of a bunch of pre-edited/prepared files that you could use seperately (and ironically enough it even had some files that used .NET 6.0 for the loader. - but this also only worked when the game didn't use .NET 6x :roll:)

... and at that time there additionally weren't any command arguments for the game, yet (or for the mod-loader) / the mod-support was very limited (if my memory serves me right). :(

EDIT: and it also didn't use the XMLs as a whole - only the parts you wanted to be changed/altered... but it needed them to be used with a special syntax and file-format.
dudefan

Post by dudefan »

with the mining change in beta,does it still make sense to use the reduced mining rate part of the mod?
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

dudefan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:49 am with the mining change in beta,does it still make sense to use the reduced mining rate part of the mod?
What mod ? (guess you'r in the wrong thread, huh ? ;) )
dudefan

Post by dudefan »

no correct thread.

2- Reduced Mining Rate- Reduces the mining rate of Mining Engines to 1/3 of vanilla. Because many people have been complaining about resources being too abundant.
Well, activate try-hard mode. Extreme/Harsh players eat your hearts out.

newest beta changes mining rate as well

Return to “Design and Modding”