No travel for me

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_DW2

stuka10000

No travel for me

Post by stuka10000 »

First game with less than an hour played. No silicon anywhere in my home system so cannot build pretty much anything. There is a planet described as a rocky silicon planet that has no silicon :( go figure.

Explorer ships head out to other star systems and find a planet. This planet has something unidentified on it so do they stay to find out what it is? No of course not, they bugger off someplace else. I change the ship to manual control and tell it to go and survey that planet, hoping upon hope for some silicon. They head out there, say yep, still something unidentified there like we told you the first time, at which point they decide to just sit there like lemons with no mission selected.

Game abandoned in the hope of a better start next time. Well done guys. Here's hoping for either a patch or a change to explorer ships so that they actually explore. Should be an explore to 100% option for them.

Just to mention that higher level scanners also need silicon to research them so a change needed here methinks.
Nalim27

Re: No travel for me

Post by Nalim27 »

Hello,
looks that you are just unlucky. When you miss some basic resource in your home system then I recommend to creat new game again.
Also in New game configuration you can increase quality of home planet - that can help too.

Many players including me have problem with game crashes - developers will fix it, I'm sure. They supporting their games for looong time.
Nalim27, gamer
zederfflinger

Post by zederfflinger »

stuka10000 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:41 am First game with less than an hour played. No silicon anywhere in my home system so cannot build pretty much anything. There is a planet described as a rocky silicon planet that has no silicon :( go figure.

Explorer ships head out to other star systems and find a planet. This planet has something unidentified on it so do they stay to find out what it is? No of course not, they bugger off someplace else. I change the ship to manual control and tell it to go and survey that planet, hoping upon hope for some silicon. They head out there, say yep, still something unidentified there like we told you the first time, at which point they decide to just sit there like lemons with no mission selected.

Game abandoned in the hope of a better start next time. Well done guys. Here's hoping for either a patch or a change to explorer ships so that they actually explore. Should be an explore to 100% option for them.

Just to mention that higher level scanners also need silicon to research them so a change needed here methinks.
You just got very unlucky, that's all. Explorers can only explore up to a certain level, 15 with the base survey module. Anything beyond that level will remain hidden.
Depending on how far into the game you got, cargo ships may be able to bring you silicon if they can find any.

Starting a new game is probably the best course of action.
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

I have a system with, as far as I can tell, no carbonite. Which restricts a lot of things - research, building, ships etc.

But I have found a trickle of carbonite seems to arrive all the time. Enough to slowly upgrade my ships and leave the system anyway. Hopefully I will find a source nearby.

I suppose it depends on what you want to get out of the game. I don't mind a struggle to leave my home system - others may want to race ahead to epic space battles.
Nothing to do? Bored s...less?

Read my AAR "Ad Astra" https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 7&t=381142
Castinar

Post by Castinar »

You can also build a station around a planet w/ unknown items on it, they will slowly increase the exploration level over time. Useful until you research advanced exploration modules.
Scotias

Post by Scotias »

Castinar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:36 am You can also build a station around a planet w/ unknown items on it, they will slowly increase the exploration level over time. Useful until you research advanced exploration modules.
Ooh, didn't know that. Good tip :!:

Return to “After Action Reports”