Moderator: MOD_DW2

RhinoDad

Defense fleets too much fighting spirit

Post by RhinoDad »

Fleet Role: Defend

Fleet Engagement range: Same Location

Use Ship Tactics

Ship Tactic engagement range Same system

Above is for Fleet Reg Def Far South. Reg Def South and Area Def South have an engagement range farther out in range of Lulnar 1.

Military Attack etc. set on “Suggest”

Background:
Not at war with Baskara Nation nor never have been. War with other empire lead to ownership of colony inside Baskara territory and same system as Baskara has colony.

Not requesting to attack, fleets just setting off to do so:
AI keeps sending Area Def South and Reg Def South to attack something at Lulnar 1. I am not asked so do not know what target is. This is within their engagement range but:
• They are a defensive fleet I am not at war nor have never been with Baskara
o Not suggesting just setting out to attack.
 [Aurora defensive fleets sometimes did this but after asking; regardless of answer attacked.]

Requesting but target is outside of engagement range.
o Reg Def Far South keeps requesting to attack mining base OV990 at Lulnas 1, same system but 3 locations away.
When decline is selected it does not attack but waits a few moments to ask again.

May be related:
The Baskara ever so often send one or two ships to attack the mining station at Lulnar 3, same location as my colony. The attacks may be related somehow but my attacks do not follow soon after their couple ships show up at my mining station then run.

Could easily be incorrect but I believe that the engagement range of the fleet supersedes the engagement range of the ship.
Happy Hippo.zip
Save Game File
(9.42 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

Success is how you bounce on the bottom

Experience is a comb life gives us after we have lost our hair
MaximKI

Re: Defense fleets too much fighting spirit

Post by MaximKI »

Thanks for the details and save, we will investigate.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”