1.1.4.4 Public Beta Update Available

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Erik Rutins

Re: 1.1.3.9 Public Beta Update Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

fruitgnome wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:55 pm Here a savegame 45 colonies are to invaded, but nothing happen. (all automatic policy settings)
Let the game run at 4x speed and stay in galaxy view. Look at the fleets in the ui: (jumping), no fuel, etc.
And the best the enemy conquers your colonies because their fleets have not these problems their attack orders work :twisted:

Because of only 10 MiB is allowed, fileio:
23 MiB https://file.io/5Z2ChKzeJ7c2

Till the game works. This should be at least 30 MiB.
Thank you for the save file. This should be all fixed in the latest public beta update, though you should start a new game for best results there.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
davids42

Re: 1.1.4.3 Public Beta Update Available

Post by davids42 »

fixed crash when determining default display adapter when running on Linux via Proton
yeah, no :(

Code: Select all

18-05-2023 11-50-31.849: Selecting Default Display Settings
18-05-2023 11-50-31.849: Selecting Adapter with highest video memory
18-05-2023 11-50-31.849: Adapter selected: AMD Radeon Graphics (RADV REMBRANDT)
18-05-2023 11-50-31.849: Setting preferred display values in GameSettings
18-05-2023 11-50-31.851: CRASH while defaulting display settings:
18-05-2023 11-50-31.851: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WindowsHelpers.GetCurrentDisplayMode(Int32& width, Int32& height, Int32& refreshRateNum, Int32& refreshRateDenom)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.GraphicsHelper.SelectDefaultDisplaySettings(GraphicsDevice graphics, GameSettings gameSettings)
   at DistantWorlds.Types.GameSettings.GenerateDefaultValuesGeneral(GraphicsDevice graphics)
18-05-2023 11-50-31.913: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at bool WindowsHelpers.GetCurrentDisplayMode(out int width, out int height, out int refreshRateNum, out int refreshRateDenom)+0x45
   at void DistantWorlds.Types.GraphicsHelper.SelectDefaultDisplaySettings(GraphicsDevice graphics, GameSettings gameSettings)+0xFD
   at void DistantWorlds.Types.GameSettings.GenerateDefaultValuesGeneral(GraphicsDevice graphics)+0xA1
18-05-2023 11-50-31.915: Loading GameSettingsOverrides
18-05-2023 11-50-31.915: Obtaining Current Adapter: AMD Radeon Graphics (RADV REMBRANDT)
18-05-2023 11-50-31.915: Adapter found: AMD Radeon Graphics (RADV REMBRANDT)
18-05-2023 11-50-31.916: Setting game resolution 3840x2160

Code: Select all

❯ lspci | grep VGA
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Rembrandt [Radeon 680M] (rev d1)
it would also be really nice if you could invest a few days in making sure it runs on the most recent version of Proton
Kotopup

Post by Kotopup »

- added game setting to disable Nebula Storm scene-wide lightning flashes

As someone that is very light sensitive, THANK YOU FOR THIS!
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

And thank you for making the nebulae and storms more forgiving on ships. Was frustrating that the AI pathing would occasionally skim the edge, eventually leading to a clump of disabled civilian ships there. :lol:
MaximKI

Re: 1.1.4.4 Public Beta Update Available

Post by MaximKI »

A new public beta is live now! See OP for details.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

fruitgnome wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:53 am https://file.io/CoJFmEA1z54q
What is this for?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Savegame 1.1.4.3 (new game) still fleet problems. For tests.
For example invasion fleet attacks a civilian ship half galaxy away. Invasion fleet have to fly to planets start invasion and attack spaceport bases and enemy ships to protect the troop transports.

Invasion fleets prefere to be repaired at colonies although colony has spaceport with 4 free construction yards. (my empire colony and my spaceport)
rxnnxs

Post by rxnnxs »

I am sorry to say that while there are many many nice things, one thing is back in 1.1.4.4:
The graphical bug
graphbug.jpg
graphbug.jpg (21.56 KiB) Viewed 920 times
btw.
Is there any chance we can also disable the nightcity lights?
I do not like to think that all planets are haunted and the ghosts need lights.

p.s. next day:

Here a screenshot thats clearer than ever:
2.jpg
2.jpg (24.26 KiB) Viewed 878 times
dave2807

Post by dave2807 »

Not really a bug report more of a suggestion but any chance an option could be added in game set up to evenly spread the empires on map when the Galaxy is created? Currently a lot of my games end up with Empires spawning way too close together and just blocking each other from expanding which leaves large areas completely empty. I have tried manually setting up empires and using the distance setting but always the same thing Empires seem to spawn in clusters close together. I remember DW Universe you could assign empires to spawn in a sector of the map. Random is good in strategy games but an option would be nice to have the Empires more evenly spread so they can expand and provide more of a challenge.

Love the game by the way gets better with every update.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

fruitgnome wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:41 pm Savegame 1.1.4.3 (new game) still fleet problems. For tests.
For example invasion fleet attacks a civilian ship half galaxy away. Invasion fleet have to fly to planets start invasion and attack spaceport bases and enemy ships to protect the troop transports.
Invasion fleets prefere to be repaired at colonies although colony has spaceport with 4 free construction yards. (my empire colony and my spaceport)
Thanks, if these are immediately reproducible from the save you provided, could you please confirm which fleet and which world we should be looking at for those issues?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

rxnnxs wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:52 pm I am sorry to say that while there are many many nice things, one thing is back in 1.1.4.4:
The graphical bug
Is this an unmodded game?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

dave2807 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:11 pm Not really a bug report more of a suggestion but any chance an option could be added in game set up to evenly spread the empires on map when the Galaxy is created? Currently a lot of my games end up with Empires spawning way too close together and just blocking each other from expanding which leaves large areas completely empty. I have tried manually setting up empires and using the distance setting but always the same thing Empires seem to spawn in clusters close together. I remember DW Universe you could assign empires to spawn in a sector of the map. Random is good in strategy games but an option would be nice to have the Empires more evenly spread so they can expand and provide more of a challenge.
Yes, that's on our radar, we'll see if we can improve it with the next round of updates.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Erik Rutins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:39 pm
dave2807 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:11 pm Not really a bug report more of a suggestion but any chance an option could be added in game set up to evenly spread the empires on map when the Galaxy is created? Currently a lot of my games end up with Empires spawning way too close together and just blocking each other from expanding which leaves large areas completely empty. I have tried manually setting up empires and using the distance setting but always the same thing Empires seem to spawn in clusters close together. I remember DW Universe you could assign empires to spawn in a sector of the map. Random is good in strategy games but an option would be nice to have the Empires more evenly spread so they can expand and provide more of a challenge.
Yes, that's on our radar, we'll see if we can improve it with the next round of updates.
Any chance of improving the option in the galaxy setup for where in the galaxy you want to start? Right now it rarely seems to be able to satisfy your request, at least for things like Spiral and Elliptical galaxies if you request to be in the inner area.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Cauldyth wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:36 am
Erik Rutins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:39 pm
Any chance of improving the option in the galaxy setup for where in the galaxy you want to start? Right now it rarely seems to be able to satisfy your request, at least for things like Spiral and Elliptical galaxies if you request to be in the inner area.
Yes, we're aware that it can have an uneven distribution and that is on our list to improve.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Erik Rutins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:38 pm
fruitgnome wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:41 pm Savegame 1.1.4.3 (new game) still fleet problems. For tests.
Thanks, if these are immediately reproducible from the save you provided, could you please confirm which fleet and which world we should be looking at for those issues?
Stay in galaxy view.
Look at the invasion fleets and look at the colony ships.
Look at the targets of fleet.
Check why fleets are not invading colonies.
All invasion fleets have always same home base.

Fix also the save and load desgin bug.
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

rxnnxs wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:52 pm I am sorry to say that while there are many many nice things, one thing is back in 1.1.4.4:
The graphical bug
graphbug.jpg

btw.

p.s. next day:

2.jpg
Thanks for reporting this. Do you have a save that demonstrates these? Does reloading and saving resolve the issue?
rxnnxs

Post by rxnnxs »

Erik Rutins wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:38 pm
The graphical bug
Is this an unmodded game?

Regards,

- Erik
Well, it is a modded game, but there is nothing tempered with the characteranimation_dhayut.xml
But I have to add, I have this file in the german mod folder, but I compared them and it is exactly the same as the original file.
rxnnxs

Post by rxnnxs »

MaximKI wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:20 pm
The graphical bug
graphbug.jpg

btw.

p.s. next day:

2.jpg
Thanks for reporting this. Do you have a save that demonstrates these? Does reloading and saving resolve the issue?
I have not found a way of reconstructing it. It happens sometimes, just as it sometimes happens that the loading screen "loading galaxy.." is in a very low resolution, getting better and better an then starting back with a very coarse resolution.
it does that all the time and the loading never finishes.

But I tried and tried with 1.1.2.4 without any mods and it did not happen once.
Must have to do with my mods.

I will report as soon as I find it out.

Meanwhile, maybe you can implement this little fix for the next big patch?
military fleets always shown.jpg
military fleets always shown.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 700 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Save load designs seems to work in 1.1.4.4.
I deleted all designs and tested it.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”