1.1.4.4 Public Beta Update Available

Moderator: MOD_DW2

fruitgnome

Re: 1.1.4.4 Public Beta Update Available

Post by fruitgnome »

Save load designs does not work, sry.
I have all basic designs created and can only load ONE of the designs.
I hope this will be fixed by Hyperspeed update!
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Start a new game settings:
Relation level for example Protection Agreement get ignored.
Starting Location Center not work and is every new Start a new game resetet to (Random).
Empire flag is also every time resettet.

Ingame:
Click on show me a new "person" appears should also open the right menu of the person and not only focus the planet.
Hotels not show passengers.
The story about the ancient slave colony takes no notice that I play human.

Ship design:
Latest per category should not hide:
- the latest other weapons
- other engines with other benefits (effecience)

New colonies should build the cheapest spaceport and not the latest. After building cheapest spaceport it should be retrofitted to latest one.

Why the fuel tankers do not mine fuel on auto? Savegame attached.
Attachments
9.7z
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

I looked at government and saw that I have the way of ancients, but from where and how long? There was no notification! I have money problems since 50 years. This will change it and had help me sometime before.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Constitution crystal and the story about that is bugged it got reset.
In the savegame I already have this artifact and on my homeworld after few minutes there will be a story popup about the found of this artifact.

Let the savegame run a few minutes.
Attachments
7.7z
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Tech breaktghrough from scrapping shows not if research completed.
On components shoul also be the info about maintenance costs.
Two times discovered same debris field in the same game.
OrnluWolfjarl

Post by OrnluWolfjarl »

fruitgnome wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:48 am Two times discovered same debris field in the same game.
For your last point: what do you mean? The message for the debris field is triggered for every single abandoned ship you encounter in the debris field. Still a bug, but it's been around from 1.0
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Many years after I found the debris field and started repair, this debris field got discover second time.
Last edited by fruitgnome on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Story popup about gravitic storm, two times the same text in this popup.
Asteroid with research bonus, no build buttons. Manual construction ship build functioned.
If you get large starfighter bay by diplomacy or found or retire you should also get medium starfighter bay ans small starfighter bay.
Manual set home base shuold disable auto fleet postures for this fleet. I think manual set things should overwrite all automatic. But there should be a reset to full auto button.
OrnluWolfjarl

Post by OrnluWolfjarl »

fruitgnome wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:06 pm Many years after I found the debris field and started repair, this debris field got discover second time.
Maybe your ships didn't approach one of the abandoned ships initially and it happened then?
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

No, it's a bug, there were two ships and both got repaired already.
Concerning news from independant traders about the Hive pop up also after a long time a second time.
I think the forget dangerous locations is the problem at this.
Medium spaceport got downgraded to small spaceport by auto settings. At spaceports for example you can't select at This Design Upgrades To a medium spaceport if you are designing a small spaceport. Date created needs also a hidden seconds timer elsewhere the date created of multiple designs on one day are not in correct order.

I think all not war related components (weapons, shields, armor, engines) need an overhaul. So that you can design a ship base with for example crew systems and then v2 and v3. I mean that the basic components for example basic medical center should be deleted. The many change of the designs get annoying. Edit: sorry the basic system is good, but the advanced are annoying. Edit2: My mistake now I know why advanced components because of the resources. The components are good, sry.

At the war compents (weapons, shields, armor, engines) the system is gret. Also the hyperdrive components, pls dont change these both systems. For war components it's great because of the huge selection and that in fight your strength not get to much higher.
Maybe I would mod these components, but I can't open the XML-Documents with the DW2 Data Editor, because "Error: Could not read file from disk. Original error: Fehler im XML-Dokument (34819,10). ResearchProjectDefinitions.xml.

Some designs have to less size for components.
Defensive bases should be available by start. Why we can build spacports but not defensive bases??? I moded this for me.
fruitgnome

Re: 1.1.3.6 Public Beta Update Available

Post by fruitgnome »

fruitgnome wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:23 pm ...
- Defeated empires (0 colonies) are still in game, ok, but all of their ships (military and civilian ships) should be deleted (better performance) please let the bases/stations alive. Defeated empires should be in game editor to revive them with game editor (endless game mode)
The problem still exists in 1.2.0.5. The worst is that an empire has 0 colonies and I can't play as this empire to see if there is something to remove. So the empire is deleted out of game. If an empire has to be deleted out of game editor choice so it should at least also be deleted in the game itself.
fruitgnome

Re: 1.1.3.9 Public Beta Update Available

Post by fruitgnome »

fruitgnome wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:06 pm ...
But fighters are still a problem, fleet not jump because of one ship in fleet has started fighters, although the fleets mission is only move to colony (fully automatic) and not even attack. But the problem occurs less often :)
I mean what is the problem?! If a fleet start jumping retrieve all fighters --force, rdy.
I noticed in 1.2.0.5 the problem still exists and even on ships not in a fleet.
I'm a programmer. And I can't understand where is here the problem. If a ship starting jumping (is even written in the ui) than force all bombers and fighters to retrieve.

But as since release of the game if you scroll to that ship you can see that all fighters and bombers are retrieving and the ship jumps in hyperspace. So there is a force mechanic but only if the ship is in viewport or focused or something like this.

A workaround could be if a ship is not in viewport, delete all fighters and bombers that are outside off ship and the ship can jump. The fighters and bombers get rebuild maybe instant so it were even not noticable in the ui.
Last edited by fruitgnome on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Thanks for the updates. Do you have saves you could share from 1205 that show this?
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Federation-Human-3496-10-02_fighters_and_bombers_are_the_problem.7z

1.2.0.5 beta.

You will have to use the xl mod from steam workshop.

Stay in galaxy view. Set speed to 4x times. Let the game paused.
For example;
Fleets -> Filter by Troop Attack Strentgh -> Select 31st Fleet -> Select first ship (Majestic Eminencee)
Upause game.
The ship stays at jumping.... And the fleet get not refueled.

Have also a look at other invasion fleets or any another fleets.

In this savegame you can also see that there is an empire in diplomacy with 0 colonies and also defeated pirates that live forever in diplomacy screen.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

By this savegame you could also me answer why I have so much ships not in fleet. In policy setings I changed all settings that could effect this to 0.

I already scuttled all ships not in fleet but after time, I have again 1000 ships not in fleet.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

By the savegame you can also see maybe a new bug. Invasion army should have no planetary defense as template says, but there are very many in the invasion armies on the invasion fleets.

A part of this bug is caused by xl mod. Repeatable research tech for planetary defense although tech level should not be the importantest to select troop type. Trroop template has to be the most relevant.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”