1124 - Ikkuro (base) cruiser missing 4 weapon mounts

Moderator: MOD_DW2

mordachai

1124 - Ikkuro (base) cruiser missing 4 weapon mounts

Post by mordachai »

The 2nd 39 size weapon mount has no node - you cannot see where it will fire - it has no (visible) firing arc either.

REPRO: Start a game as Ikkuro - with enough tech to build the base cruiser hull - design one - notice that the 2nd 39 size weapon mount doesn't highlight when you mouse over it on the SSD. Try many things - it doesn't exist. Acknowledge the issue & fix either the XML or the model (I suspect the model, albeit it's very generous with mounts, could just be a rogue listing in the SSD itself).

UPDATE: all 4 weapon mounts - from that 2nd 39 size down - are non-functional / have no mount points / no firing arcs - nothing.

Confirmed this in vanilla (in case somehow I'd made a mistake in XL, but no, it's very much in vanilla)

Image:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png
MaximKI

Re: 1124 - Ikkuro (base) cruiser missing 4 weapon mounts

Post by MaximKI »

Thanks for the report!
mordachai

Post by mordachai »

I hope you'll notice this -

But I've since found that every single cruiser variant has incorrect weapon mounts listed on its component list vs. the model.

Also - the 270' mount really should be the center one on the spine, not the front-left - it's pretty gimped there.

But even if that's "flavor" for "reasons" - every single cruiser doesn't match their 3D models - so needs to be fixed (model or xml, not sure which is authoritative?)
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Thanks for the additional detail!
KeCzajkowski

Post by KeCzajkowski »

I uploaded this fix the other night. Turns out the destroyer mesh was being used for the cruiser. Not sure how it happened but this should be fixed soon.
mordachai

Post by mordachai »

Awesome. Appreciated!

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”