[1.1.2.4] Weapon Intercept Imbalance and various data errors

Moderator: MOD_DW2

iancmtaylor

[1.1.2.4] Weapon Intercept Imbalance and various data errors

Post by iancmtaylor »

intercept imba.png
intercept imba.png (36.56 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Shown here are stats for Titan Blaster v3.

You see that the Fire rate for Interception starts at 6.25 for the Small, then gets halved for M and L.

However, this halving of the Fire Rate does not take into account the Volley count, as can be seen in the DPS portion of the Interception Damage.

This oversight means that instead of having a 1x 2x 4x Interception DPS, it is actually 1x 4x 16x.

I am assuming this is not intentional. If not, the fix would be to set the Fire Rate to 6.25 for all sizes.

A quick look through the tech tree shows that this is the case for all weapons that have different amounts of Volley for different sizes.

______

Omega Beam S has an Intercept Damage of 37, while M has 32- breaking the pattern of every other weapon where the Intercept Damage is the same across all Sizes.

Resonant Gravity Beam M v3 has a Volley of 1, but a Volley time of .25

Reinforcing Swarm Battery S has Shield Bypass .25, when neither M nor L have Shield Bypass.

_____
edit 1- Firestorm Torpedo Speeds- v1 is 300, v2 is 275, v4 is 400
I am /u/SharkMolester, moderator of /r/DistantWorlds and BFHKitteh, admin of https://dw2.fandom.com/wiki/Distant_Worlds_2_Wiki.
Thineboot

Re: [1.1.2.4] Weapon Intercept Imbalance and various data errors

Post by Thineboot »

To close the loop, see [1.1.3.6] Epsilon Torpedo [S] vs [M]
iancmtaylor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:51 am
Thineboot wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:25 am
Intercept Fighter Damage Rate & Intercept Seeking Damage Rate :
5.76/sec is 4x 1.44/sec
Shots per Volley and Intercept Fire Rate are consistent with all the values starting with Size, except for two of the unmarked values (yellow rounded rectangles).
Based on all these values, we can assume, that [M]-launchers can fire twice as many Epsilon Torpedoes as [S]-launchers in the same amount of time.

If that's true, and so far it makes sense, how come the [M]-launcher's interception damage rates per second are quadrupled instead of doubled?
That can be explained by this- https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3#p5085553

The main issue with DPS/Volley/Fire Rate not making the correct numbers, I remembered :)

Been a month since I looked at weapon stats so I forgot.

All DPS takes Point Blank Accuracy into account.
Two independent people noticing the same thing doesn't look like a coincidence.
Please take the reported issue seriously.
Nightskies

Re: [1.1.2.4] Weapon Intercept Imbalance and various data errors

Post by Nightskies »

I don't believe this needs an upload because it's not an isolated bug. Off memory, I can confirm that at least some of the weapons behave as shown on the tooltips and are accurate. The numbers set, of course, are the problem, albeit a little one.

All that needs to be done to fix this is to set the intercept fire rate to the same as the [S] version, wherever the larger versions make multiple shots.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”