[1.1.2.4] Allowable "Dangerous" Governments in game-settings

Moderator: MOD_DW2

frankycl

[1.1.2.4] Allowable "Dangerous" Governments in game-settings

Post by frankycl »

I don't know if it is a little bug, or if it is intended (and additionally it might not be anything new), but I think it's a bad thing in general to allow players to choose "dangerous" governments, like e.g. "Way of the Ancients", "Way of Darkness", etc., for the AI-factions with the gamestart-settings (= Start a New Game - Other Empires -screen) ! :?

Those are governments that are normally not without reason forbidden for the players at game-start, I think - so why allow them for the AI-races :?:

Why are they "dangerous" ? - Because they give massive benefits that other government-types don't have, and therefore can make an AI-faction overpowered easily, compared to the player factions or other AI-factions that don't have those government-types available, imho (let alone that they should be secret, normally until they are discovered in-game :roll: ). :(

However, in general I think that' it's a good thing (or would be - if this is going to change) that those government-types can be chosen for testing-purposes... 8-) - but this needs to be only optional/with an extra-toggle, imho, AND there would be needed an explanation/warning for the (normal) players (like e.g. with tool-tips) that the use of these options might lead to serious balancing-problems and the exposure of intend secrets. ;)
MaximKI

Re: [1.1.2.4] Allowable "Dangerous" Governments in game-settings

Post by MaximKI »

Hey,

This is an intended and allowed system. If players want to create specific challenge scenarios, we've given them the option to create AI empires with particular government types.

However, you've brought up some good feedback in that we need to highlight and explain the other available government types for setting up your game. Thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”