1.1.0.0 - Top Down View errors still exist !

Moderator: MOD_DW2

frankycl

1.1.0.0 - Top Down View errors still exist !

Post by frankycl »

The Top Down View camera-bug that existed since many game-versions before still exists in 1.1.0.0:
(and I don't know if this was mentioned from somebody else before, but I haven't heard/read about it so far)

In Top Down View the camera doesn't zoom to the locations/objects it should when zooming/paning is done automatically ! - especially at the beginning of a game (= zoom to home-planet), but sometimes also when you click on buttons like "Show me" or "Take me to location/objekt xy" and in the basic tutorial (Messages 15/18); - the camera sends you in the middle of nowhere, but not to the locations/objects it should. :(

I also have a save and some pics to show you the isssue (if you need it), but especially the wrong camera-zoom at gamestart should be easy to reproduce/confirm - just set the view in a game to Top View, return to the main-menu and start a new game ! ;)

(Please note: This is not the first time I reported this (see also Steam-post https://steamcommunity.com/app/1531540/ ... 7239104905 as an example), but it will also not be the last if I don't get any reaction/comment/confirmation for this.
This is not because I think this is especially important or because I want this to be fixed quickly (or that I want to get on your/somebody elses nerves), but only because I can't be sure that this was read/noticed if I don't get some reaction, etc. ;) )

Also: Why is the max-out camera-zoom so limited in Top Down View ? I'ts not limited this much with the other viewing-angles - so why in TD ? (with big Galaxies this means A LOT of unnecessary scolling/paning actions when the camera-distance is limited this much ! :cry: )

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”