Unselectable and buggy design selection for upgrade path [1.1.0.0]

Moderator: MOD_DW2

giltirn

Unselectable and buggy design selection for upgrade path [1.1.0.0]

Post by giltirn »

Hello,

I am trying to maintain 2 SSP designs with the same hull but the new retrofit path selection is fighting against me at every turn (this appears new to this latest beta; the previous beta from last week did not have these issues in my experience). In this particular case, I believe I have encountered some bugs. To reproduce,

1) load the save https://easyupload.io/15fo77
2) create a new SSP design from SSP-10, save as SSP-11
3) open the list of obsolete designs and try to set the retrofit design for SSP-10 to SSP-11; it will not work. It simply refuses to accept the mouse click.
(In this case SSP-11 will be the latest upgrade for the hull so I will still be able to upgrade my SSPs, but this will only be for as long as SSP-11 is indeed the latest design)
4) Next, create a new version of "Basic SSP v2", and save as "Basic SSP v3"
5) Go back to the SSP-11 design and try to select "Basic SSP v3" as the upgrade path; clicking it will show only blank text in the "this design upgrades to box".
6) Go back to the "Basic SSP v2" design and try to select "Basic SSP v3" as the upgrade path; the design "SSP-11" will appear in the "this design upgrades to box"!!
7) In the same design, try to select "SSP-11" as the upgrade path; it will again show only blank text in the "this design upgrades to box"

I think something in the upgrade logic has become messed up. Perhaps it is not intended that the player try to maintain multiple designs for the same hull? If so I urge the devs to reconsider; I can't imagine I'm the only one who really enjoys ship design in this game, and being constrained only to as many designs as there are hull variants feels very limiting.
Erik Rutins

Re: Unselectable and buggy design selection for upgrade path [1.1.0.0]

Post by Erik Rutins »

We'll investigate, thank you for this report.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”