No “Under Construction” indicator in selection panel for research station being built

Moderator: MOD_DW2

100thMonkey

No “Under Construction” indicator in selection panel for research station being built

Post by 100thMonkey »

Platform: Steam
Build version: 1.0.8.6 Beta (started with 1.0.8.4 Beta)
Severity: Low
Annoyance factor: Low

When a ship or a base is being built, there’s an “UNDER CONSTRUCTION” yellow indicator in its selection panel. But there’s no such indicator for research stations being built. It’s only shown when the mouse pointer is placed above the hexagonal status indicator.

Hexagonal status indicator.png
Hexagonal status indicator.png (229.51 KiB) Viewed 140 times

As to the type of problematic situations that could lead to, here’s how I’ve encountered that problem in my current game...

I wanted to maximize armor research bonuses to obtain a tech that I urgently need for my war against the Boskarans. I checked if I had a station with armor bonus, and I did: the Vurean Research Center. I then went to transfer one of my scientist to it, but it didn’t appear in the "transfer to" research stations list.

At first I couldn’t figure out what was happening. It didn't take too understand what was going on. But it might have stumped a new player for quite a bit longer...
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”