Would be nice to name an area NO FLY ZONE

Moderator: MOD_DW2

mordachai

Would be nice to name an area NO FLY ZONE

Post by mordachai »

Similar to the earlier bug(s) I & others have reported about the NPC pirates being a death zone for all comers - where civilian ships will all wreck themselves mindless like mosquitoes to a bug-zapper --

I keep having NPC pirate bases - which are rated at say 3300 power -- which totally slaughter my 3900 rated fleets w/o nicking their armor.

AND EVEN ON MANUAL, MY !@#$!@##!@!@#4 FLEETS WON'T STAY THE F@!#$ AWAY.

So, it would be nice to have the ability to:
* Name a NO FLY ZONE where civilians and military DO NOT 1@#$!@#$@!34 GO unless manually ordered to
* Fix the strength rating system to properly evaluate such bases & take into account their insanely good defenses + endgame fighters & bombers -- that base should probably be about 8K or 10K power rating. Maybe more.

see "Outlaw's Den":
Mortalen Empire - Mortalen - 2801-11-01.7z
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
scotten_usa

Re: Would be nice to name an area NO FLY ZONE

Post by scotten_usa »

I second this motion! I had the same problem with original DW... my ships would fly to places that were obviously dangerous.
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

Yes, please add a way to designate zones to avoid. In a strategy game, it's as important to be able to tell your units where NOT to go as it is to tell them where to go. I remember when Paradox added to Hearts of Iron IV (in the Man the Guns expansion) the ability to designated ocean zones as "to avoid at all cost", "to avoid for civilian ships" and "safe zone for all" (not the actual zone's names paradox used). It improved the game SOO much!

Something similar in DW2 would be fabulous! :D
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus
kbrown1950

Post by kbrown1950 »

agree 100%
Lunalis

Post by Lunalis »

maybe a button somehow in that bottom system panel that lists planets and ships that are in the system at some zoom levels.
and when set to "dangerous" ships will avoid it /escape out of it.
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

Lunalis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:37 pm maybe a button somehow in that bottom system panel that lists planets and ships that are in the system at some zoom levels.
and when set to "dangerous" ships will avoid it /escape out of it.
Yes, to also be able to tell the ships that are already in an area to get out of there as quickly as possible (escape) would be nice. Would also be nice to have the possibility to give the escape order to all ships in there, or only to civilian ships.

As for adding a button on the "View Summary" (panel at the bottom/center of screen) to specify whether ships should avoid a system or not, I'd favor another method instead. The reason being that the "View Summary" can sometimes have too much stuff already as it is. I've seen screenshots from people where it occupied almost half the screen towards the end of their game!. In my opinion, right-click menus on system badges would be preferable.

I'd also like to be able to right-click on nebulae to do the same thing, as well as on another empire territory. To be able to tell your civilian ships to get out of another empire's territory that just declared on you could be quite useful. Depending of your military strength relative to the other empire, it might even be useful to tell your military to get out as well...
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”