Can you capture Pirate Starports ?

Moderator: MOD_DW2

mainebears

Can you capture Pirate Starports ?

Post by mainebears »

Okay I was wondering and I am going to try to test this shortly - can you capture pirate space ports now (much better tech on Pirate Bases) for defending Fuel Mining at Gas Giants near enemy territory ) by equipping enough frigates (used to use Destroyers with double assault pods in DW1 to capture ships) with an assault pod and at least one PD weapon (for fighters and missiles from Base when doing the capture plus adding ION weapons to disable weapons and shields . Just adding an Assault Pod to my Heavy Frigate design with two Tier 5 Impact Blasters and Large Mortalen Pulse Torpedo was resulting in the Star port being destroyed before the Frigates won the boarding party fight) .

Frigates in Capture Mode were firing too many 100 damage torpedoes and 20 damage impact blasters instead of stop firing weapons soon enough and wait to focusing on letting the board party battle defeat the ship while when the weapon damage already had started to cause Hull Damage.
Thineboot

Re: Can you capture Pirate Starports ?

Post by Thineboot »

Since no one cried out loud that it stopped working in [1.0.7.3], yes. It has worked since... before any currently available version, vanilla and beta.

Note that you can only upgrade it to one of your own designs. That means you have to live either with their design or your own.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”