[1.0.6.4] Colonize² or why not send two Colony ships?

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Thineboot

[1.0.6.4] Colonize² or why not send two Colony ships?

Post by Thineboot »

A Mortalen Colony ship on it's way to colonize a Mortalen independent colony:
Good Colony ship
Good Colony ship
image_2022-08-17_162622302.png (927.39 KiB) Viewed 89 times
What happens when you allow the AI to colonize planets:
Bad Colony ship
Bad Colony ship
image_2022-08-17_163304905.png (906.95 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Instead of colonizing the next best Mortalen colony, the AI decides that sending another colony ship after the same colony is the best choice...
Erik Rutins

Re: [1.0.6.4] Colonize² or why not send two Colony ships?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Were these both assigned to that colony at the same time, or did the first ship abort its mission at some point and then the second was assigned?

Could you please share a save file showing this if they were both assigned at the same time automatically?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Thineboot

Re: [1.0.6.4] Colonize² or why not send two Colony ships?

Post by Thineboot »

As the images show, both were taken at the same time - see all the other ships, fleets and badges. Adding 4K screenshots exceeds the upload limit...

The first colony ship, DOY, was built in 2780 to colonize Alnineho (Mortalen IND). At the same time Arfokuin (Atuuk IND, southeast of the visible map) was also flagged for colonization.
2780.10.01 DOY (A) Loading colonists (Mortalen)

2780.11.28 DOY (A) Colonize Arfokuin (Atuuk IND)
See [1.0.6.4] Colonization: AI vs Policy Settings for details.
Rerouted DOY to colonize (M) Alnineho (Mortalen IND) and switched back to (A) automate to see what will happen.
2780.11.28 DOY (A) Colonize Alnineho (Mortalen IND)

2781.08.26 Iduinko (Mortalen +30, best race suited) is flagged for colonization. Two more Atuuk IND were flagged to be colonized before.

2781.09.06 The second colony ship, YQ, was being built (9%). Whether the ship was ordered automatically or manually, I don't recall. But most likely it was me who ordered the ship since money was sparse and I'm advised to build Colony ships from time to time but so far never approved any such combined orders during this game.
At this point another Colony ship, EV, manually built at a Kiadian (661M) colony to load Kiadian for Umiga (Atuuk IND), one of the two colonies listed above, had just finished and was in hyperspace toward another nearby Mortalen colony of mine to load Mortalen. EV (A) Load Colonists (Mortalen).

2781.10.04 I've noticed EV and since Kiadian were best suited to colonize the Atuuk IND, I rerouted EV back to the Kiadian colony: EV (A) Load Colonists (Kiadian). YQ was at 60%.

2781.10.28 YQ was at 90%. Yard is at home world.

2781.11.28 YQ (A) Load colonists (Mortalen). I'm pretty sure I've ordered this manually as it was built in the same system but not at this colony.

2782.02.27 DOY (A) Colonize Alnineho (Mortalen IND); EV (A) Load colonists (Kiadian); YQ (A) Load colonists (Mortalen)

2782.03.08 DOY (A) Colonize Alnineho (Mortalen IND); EV (A) Load colonists (Kiadian); YQ (A) Colonize Alnineho (Mortalen IND) - see details in this thread.

Tell me which saves you want and I'll send them to you as 7z. Either via PN or upload. That's up to 10 files, 394 MB or 53.3 MB as 7z. Note that I have no paid upload account but I can split the file and send it in parts. There are two files for 2780.11.28, one before, one after the mentioned thread.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”