Fixed(?) in [1.0.6.3] - [1.0.6.2] Home system & Ancient Shakturi Arrival Point

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Thineboot

Fixed(?) in [1.0.6.3] - [1.0.6.2] Home system & Ancient Shakturi Arrival Point

Post by Thineboot »

I've seen Home system and Ancient Shakturi arrival point on Steam two days before, screenshot, and now I have a similar experience:
image_2022-08-10_003303075.png
image_2022-08-10_003303075.png (41.4 KiB) Viewed 151 times
image_2022-08-10_002525717.png
image_2022-08-10_002525717.png (972.71 KiB) Viewed 151 times
There is no gravitic storm, at least the game realized during creation that (player) home world and gravitic storm would be a bad decision.

I don't know in what order things are placed. Was the Ancient Shakturi Arrival Point incl. gravitic storm there when my home system was chosen or was it the other way around? In any case, this should not happen, unless it should happen (what twisted minds you must have ;)).

It could be a coincidence but my guess is, this is an unintended side effect of another change to make galaxy creation better.

Follow up question: is the Debris Field a backup plan for the Ancient Shakturi Arrival Point at a home system? Because both Special Locations claim the same ships. Or is it a general false claim, when a Debris Field shares the same location with another Event?

And finally, should I proceed? Iirc Sharkturi were not implemented... are they now?
Erik Rutins

Re: Fixed(?) in [1.0.6.3] - [1.0.6.2] Home system & Ancient Shakturi Arrival Point

Post by Erik Rutins »

This should not be in your home system, but this issue has occasionally happened since release. You should be able to keep playing as long as it didn't actually place a gravitic storm on your home system. We will fix this in a future build.

The Shakturi are not in the game, as with DW1 you learn about them and what they did, but you don't encounter them. That may also change in the future.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”