Dangerous Locations

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Schatten

Dangerous Locations

Post by Schatten »

Hallo, there is a bug with Dangerous Locations and AI Empires. If a Ship or Station of such Empire is listed here, its stays here forever and the Advisors keep spamming requests to send attack fleets here, even if you not at War with that Empire.
Also its not even selected to investigate, dont matter they Advisor keeps spamming.

They also never go deleted unless you destroy them but than new ones show up.

I think its necessary to build a option to delete dangerous locations from the List to avoid that Problem.
Erik Rutins

Re: Dangerous Locations

Post by Erik Rutins »

Schatten wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:20 pm Hallo, there is a bug with Dangerous Locations and AI Empires. If a Ship or Station of such Empire is listed here, its stays here forever and the Advisors keep spamming requests to send attack fleets here, even if you not at War with that Empire.
Also its not even selected to investigate, dont matter they Advisor keeps spamming.

I think its necessary to build a option to delete dangerous locations from the List to avoid that Problem.
Not quite sure I follow. Are these getting added to the list when you are at war with that Empire and not getting removed when the war ends?

Do you have a save file showing this?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Schatten

Post by Schatten »

Erik Rutins wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:04 pm
Schatten wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:20 pm Hallo, there is a bug with Dangerous Locations and AI Empires. If a Ship or Station of such Empire is listed here, its stays here forever and the Advisors keep spamming requests to send attack fleets here, even if you not at War with that Empire.

Not quite sure I follow. Are these getting added to the list when you are at war with that Empire and not getting removed when the war ends?

They dont go removed. Even the war is over they stay here, mostly ships rarely also stations but mostly ships.
100thMonkey

Post by 100thMonkey »

Erik Rutins wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:04 pm

Yes, I have encounter the exact same bug, and it is exactly what you described. I made a save for a bug report (not yet posted) about another encounter with the infamous "manual fleets not obeying my orders" problem. But in that game, I've also encountered the problem mentioned here.

If you go into "Dangerous Locations", you'll see an entry for "Issilis 2", and the threat is "Ships from Zaracsandir Territory".
I was at war with them, but we made peace in 2802.12.10, a little more than a year ago. So at this point, it's probably not intended that it's still in the list.

And unless it risks interfering with a game background process, the player should be allowed to delete such entries (if the game doesn't). Or, at the very least, give the user a way to stop message spamming related to those entries (I didn't get that problem myself, but schatten did, and I'd venture that it's likely others did too, but just didn't take the time to report on it). There's an option in "Military" Policy Settings, and the tooltip refers to "Enemy Targets". If it doesn't also apply to "Dangerous Locations", adding a policy options for it might be a good place to start (if it does also apply to DL, than the tooltip should be explicit about it).

Last point: Even though here I kind of advocate for the game to delete entries in the dangerous locations list, I think "Enemy Targets" could be improved significantly by something very different: semi-permanent entries. I'll create a separate thread about it (and probably also a bug report about problems I've encountered with that list). I just hope that for now there won't be any changes made to "Enemy Targerts" that would results in even more deletions from it than there are currently.

The save is from v1.0.6.4 beta:
The Culture - Boskara - 2804-01-26.7z
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
- Imagine how confusing it is to a new player!
- "The welfare of the people…has always been the alibi of tyrants…giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." – Albert Camus

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”