START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.3.6)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the first post to reflect the new 1.0.3.6 beta update.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
dostillevi

Post by dostillevi »

Seeing a possible issue with idling passenger ships not taking tourists in the early game on a fresh start. Sending in a bug report with a save.

Edit: I submitted this save and issue, then started a new game. In that new game, my passenger ships are behaving as expected and transporting tourists.
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1901 times
sethar

Post by sethar »

I am one of the unfortunate souls that cannot load the game due to a black screen on launch (submitted a report). Regret to say this is still an issue in 1.0.3.6 beta, in fact it seems to be worse as in 1.0.3.3 the session log made it much further (110 lines long) while in 1.0.3.6 the session log doesn't make it past the "Loading Per-Race Content Bundles" step at line 13. Doesn't even create a GameSettings file in the data directory. The event viewer Application error logs went away though! :D
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the original post to reflect the 1.0.3.7 beta update, available today via Steam or GOG.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

sethar wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:07 pm I am one of the unfortunate souls that cannot load the game due to a black screen on launch (submitted a report). Regret to say this is still an issue in 1.0.3.6 beta, in fact it seems to be worse as in 1.0.3.3 the session log made it much further (110 lines long) while in 1.0.3.6 the session log doesn't make it past the "Loading Per-Race Content Bundles" step at line 13. Doesn't even create a GameSettings file in the data directory. The event viewer Application error logs went away though! :D
I'm sorry you're having this issue. Have you submitted a report for us with your DxDiag?

Please do give the new 1.0.3.7 beta update a try as well.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
sethar

Post by sethar »

Thanks for the follow up, yes I submitted a report with DxDiag for 1.0.3.3 and another for 1.0.3.6. I'll be submitting one for 1.0.3.7 as well, it unfortunately was no improvement over 1.0.3.6 for me (black screen on launch and the session log hangs at the "Loading Per-Race Content Bundles" step).
Scotias

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.3.9)

Post by Scotias »

I am unsure if this is the correct place to post, but I had maybe my second or third CTD over 70+ hours so I can't complain :D Hopefully I've attached the right info needed, just looking to do a little good. I'm a complete luddite so apologies if not.

Unsure about what caused it, all I did was double tapped the hotkey for a particular ship about 2-3 hours into tonights gameplay on an ongoing save ( my 0 key if i recall correctly ). It was a 50-60k strength Carrier found abandoned and boarded years earlier and have been using with no issues at all ( may not be relevant but just in case ).

DXDIAG attached and session log, running the latest 1.0.3.9 Beta. Any further info required please let me know. I'm enjoying the game very much in the little spare time I have.

EDIT: In my data>logs folder I only have the SessionLog file, there is nothing else in there. I have noticed my card drivers needed an update, only a month or so out though.

Regards,

Scotias
Attachments
Scotias DxDiag.txt
(115.02 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
1.0.3.9 Scotias SessionLog.txt
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.4.1)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the original post to reflect the availability of the new 1.0.4.1 public beta update.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.4.3)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the original post to reflect the availability of the 1.0.4.3 beta update.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.4.8)

Post by Erik Rutins »

For anyone having any technical issues (black screens, crashes, slow performance, etc.) we strongly recommend trying the new 1.0.5.3 beta and letting us know if it helps you.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=385846
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.4.9)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Updated the first post to reflect the new 1.0.6.2 beta and this important new game setting, which may resolve the remaining combat and other rendering crashes:

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you still experience crashes with 1.0.6.2 or later, especially crashes in battle, please try the new DXVK rendering option in the game settings. This can be found under "Rendering Mode", which can be switched from DirectX 11 to DXVK. This will likely resolve many issues caused by driver bugs or incompatibilities. If you try this setting and the game does not launch, please note the command line option in the changes below to switch back to DirectX 11.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.2.2)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Tkins wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 pm With 1.0.2.2 I'm still crashing HARD when viewing battles. It's not even a CTD, it's a full on computer frozen, very loud buzzing sound can't do anything crash. I have to shut off my computer manually and then when I boot back up I have no audio and have to uninstall and reinstall my AMD drivers.

This is brutal quite honestly. It feels like if I keep testing this bug my computer is going to fully brick. I'm not sure I'm even able return the game now because I've put so many hours into testing and changing every possible solution. For now I'm going to wait until this is fully resolved before doing any more testing as I can't afford to lose a computer over it.

That being said, this game looks very promising and I can't wait to play it once it's in a playable state.
Please try the new 1.0.6.2 beta update, especially this new game setting which we think may resolve the remaining crashes, especially battle crashes:

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you still experience crashes with 1.0.6.2 or later, especially crashes in battle, please try the new DXVK rendering option in the game settings. This can be found under "Rendering Mode", which can be switched from DirectX 11 to DXVK. This will likely resolve many issues caused by driver bugs or incompatibilities. If you try this setting and the game does not launch, please note the command line option in the changes below to switch back to DirectX 11.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.6.4)

Post by Erik Rutins »

The first post has been updated to reflect the new 1.0.6.4 official update and the latest troubleshooting information.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
pauls2271

Post by pauls2271 »

CTD crash while playing (started 1.0.6.4 and upgraded to 1.0.6.6)

Reloaded game and played past where crash happened so could not re-create.
Attachments
old sess log.txt
(16.19 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
DxDiag.txt
(110.44 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
DW2_CrashDump 27-08-2022 11-33-15.txt
(6.77 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
distantsoma

Post by distantsoma »

After the latest beta 10.6.8, I've been getting a lot of pre-game loading screen crushes
Attachments
crush reports.txt
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Tkins

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.2.2)

Post by Tkins »

Erik Rutins wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:40 pm
Tkins wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 pm With 1.0.2.2 I'm still crashing HARD when viewing battles. It's not even a CTD, it's a full on computer frozen, very loud buzzing sound can't do anything crash. I have to shut off my computer manually and then when I boot back up I have no audio and have to uninstall and reinstall my AMD drivers.

This is brutal quite honestly. It feels like if I keep testing this bug my computer is going to fully brick. I'm not sure I'm even able return the game now because I've put so many hours into testing and changing every possible solution. For now I'm going to wait until this is fully resolved before doing any more testing as I can't afford to lose a computer over it.

That being said, this game looks very promising and I can't wait to play it once it's in a playable state.
Please try the new 1.0.6.2 beta update, especially this new game setting which we think may resolve the remaining crashes, especially battle crashes:

Hello hello!

Sorry for the late reply here, I had put the game on hold for some time and didn't check my notifications. I am very excited to report that I'm on beta 1.6.0.9 watching ships blow each other up! I can't 100% confirm it's fully operational but it's looking like I'm finally able to play the game. Will report back if it crashes after this initial test.

Although it was frustrating I do appreciate the hard work you all have put in to the game and getting it to a working state.
Flavor Clothing
rmwilsonjr

Re: START HERE: Latest Troubleshooting FAQ (1.0.8.3)

Post by rmwilsonjr »

I just updated to 1.0.8.3. and everything went smoothly. When I hit "Play" however, the DW2 screen goes away but the game never launches, no matter how long I let it run. I just end up looking at my home screen. Did I overlook something in the setup?
Richard
danjperry

Post by danjperry »

I am having the same issue as Richard is reporting. Hit Play and nothing happens.
lancer1

Post by lancer1 »

I've tried all recommended fixes twice with my issue: Game crashes to desktop as soon as a battle begins.
Attachments
D2 Info LMinkazip.zip
(4.19 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Tashtur Sinika Hive - Boskara - 2755-02-12.zip
(3.57 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

lancer1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:21 pm I've tried all recommended fixes twice with my issue: Game crashes to desktop as soon as a battle begins.
What kind of video card do you have?

Based on your report, it looks like you do not have a dedicated GPU, just integrated graphics which would likely be below the minimum spec for DW2?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”