1.1.0.3 - Top Down View errors still exist !

Moderator: MOD_DW2

frankycl

1.1.0.3 - Top Down View errors still exist !

Post by frankycl »

The Top Down View camera-bug that existed since many game-versions before (if not from the bginning after release) still exists in 1.1.0.3:

In Top Down View the camera doesn't zoom to the locations/objects it should when zooming/paning is done automatically ! - especially at the beginning of a game (= zoom to home-planet), but sometimes also when you click on buttons like "Show me" or "Take me to location/objekt xy" and in the basic tutorial (Messages 15/18); - the camera sends you in the middle of nowhere, but not to the locations/objects it should. :(

I also have a save and some pics to show you the isssue (if you need it), but especially the wrong camera-zoom at gamestart should be easy to reproduce/confirm - just set the view in a game to Top View, return to the main-menu and start a new game ! ;)

(Please note: This is not the first time I reported this (see also https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 6&t=392104 or Steam-post https://steamcommunity.com/app/1531540/ ... 7239104905 as an example), but it will also not be the last if I don't get any reaction/comment/confirmation for this.
This is not because I think this is especially important or because I want this to be fixed quickly (or that I want to get on your/somebody elses nerves), but only because I can't be sure that this was read/noticed if I don't get some reaction, etc. ;) )

Also: Why is the max-out camera-zoom so limited in Top Down View ? I'ts not limited this much with the other viewing-angles - so why in TD ? (with big Galaxies this means A LOT of unnecessary scolling/paning actions when the camera-distance is limited this much ! :cry: )
Or, as an alternative - please provide us with a mini-map of some kind ! ;)
This would also come in handy with other viewing-angles, since with large galaxies things far away (from the camera) tend to get really small (especially with the lowest angle). :?
MaximKI

Re: 1.1.0.3 - Top Down View errors still exist !

Post by MaximKI »

Hey frankycl, could you please provide a save file and steps to reproduce the issue you're encountering?
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

MaximKI wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:54 pm Hey frankycl, could you please provide a save file and steps to reproduce the issue you're encountering?
Yes, I could - but for what do you need a save ? - Like I already wrote, all you need to do is to start a new game (and click on the "Let's get started"-Button) , after you had the Top Down View activated in game (or just play/read the basic first tutorial until page "Messages 15/18" while having Top Down View activated) - it's realy obvious. ;)

But maybe you'd need my game-settings - although they are mostly default settings (?) - so here they are:
GameSettings.zip
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
MaximKI

Post by MaximKI »

Hello frankycl, thanks for the info! The devs are looking into it.
frankycl

Post by frankycl »

MaximKI wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:38 pm Hello frankycl, thanks for the info! The devs are looking into it.
Thank you very much ! - Now I can stop posting this issue over and over again. :mrgreen:
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

This should be fixed in today's 1.1.0.6 public beta update.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”