City Assault Campaign Parts 1-6

Discuss you ToS map designs made with the editor and post them here.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Reliable Royce

City Assault Campaign Parts 1-6

Post by Reliable Royce »

There are 12 maps total for the campaig...

Here are the "easy" ones...

Maps 1 - 6:

Mass starts off in your favour (A=B+%100) but evens out by map 6 (A=B). Note that in the "Hard" part the mass is in the enemies favour (B=A+%75)

Maps 1 - 3 the enemy is 1 level below your ability.

These are small maps (from 22x22 up to 30x30).

As the strength of your opponents increase, so does your ending cash. At the beginning you only get $40K...

You don't get any of Rainbow's team mates in the first 6 maps (that only happens in the last half).

Have fun.

The second half comming soon!

Royce
Attachments
City Assau..ps 1 - 6.zip
(41.53 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Data corruption is unrecoverable encryption.
Rainbow7

RE: City Assault Campaign Parts 1-6

Post by Rainbow7 »

Thanks for the reference in the game (unexpected, given how little I write on these boards). I look forward to trying the campaign out, but it might take me a while (free time is scarce these days). I did load up the first mission and ran through it. A few minor comments (completely frivolous ones at that):

1. No one else will care, but with the addition of Timmins, it's now around 680 km to Toronto.
2. When I play this campaign, it'll be strange to have Rainbow (my leader's alias) meet Rainbow in mission 4.
3. I guess these things balance out, but my squad is fairly expensive so the first mission only netted me ~$8000, which was no where near enough to pay for my repairs. Not sure what you give in the second mission, but I'll have to run through some other random battles first to ensure that I don't dip too low in the squad's funds.
4. The first map was fairly straight forward - there wasn't a lot of strategic choices involved (but maybe you planned it that way). On the other hand, your re-creation of Timmins is practically photo-realistic (okay, not really, but it was cold ... that part you got right). I pretended that the river was our Mattagami river, which does indeed run through town.

Looking forward to North Bay. I usually stop at the McDonalds on highway 11 when I'm passing through -- is this going to be modeled?
Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

ORIGINAL: Rainbow
1. No one else will care, but with the addition of Timmins, it's now around 680 km to Toronto.
I "loosly" based this on Ontario... You'll find as you get closer to Toronto that reality makes a hasty exit. I did this in order to facilitate more interesting maps.
2. When I play this campaign, it'll be strange to have Rainbow (my leader's alias) meet Rainbow in mission 4.
I thought about this for a few minutes... Then figured that you are probably going to be the only one with this problem... So "needs of the many out weight the needs of the few".
3. I guess these things balance out, but my squad is fairly expensive so the first mission only netted me ~$8000, which was no where near enough to pay for my repairs. Not sure what you give in the second mission, but I'll have to run through some other random battles first to ensure that I don't dip too low in the squad's funds.
Hmmm, I didn't think of this. It only allows you to make a set amount of cash... If I put too much then it will be out of balance for the people with smaller / less experienced squads. The later maps will be killer... You will experience more dammage from tougher opponents... But then again, you will be able to find facilities when you go futher South... I will take another look at the money...
4. The first map was fairly straight forward - there wasn't a lot of strategic choices involved (but maybe you planned it that way). On the other hand, your re-creation of Timmins is practically photo-realistic (okay, not really, but it was cold ... that part you got right). I pretended that the river was our Mattagami river, which does indeed run through town.
This was really put in as a gag. I got a laugh out of using Polar instead of Terran. [:'(]

You won't see much of North Bay... Just a few houses on the South side of town.

Royce
Data corruption is unrecoverable encryption.
Coyote27

Post by Coyote27 »

I think I'll wait till you get them all done and play them in one swoop, rather than have to wait halfway through...

Anyway, [&o] Big Thanks for putting in all that work.
-Coyote

Return to “Titan's Map Room”