For anyone interested...

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes or how you had your Titan shot out from under you.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

jureidinim

For anyone interested...

Post by jureidinim »

Created my first web page (yipee!)

Had no real direction for it - but I have started tio put AAR's up on it for my friends to read.

They are a little bit different from those on this site. No stats are given, and in writing it i added a bit of 'flair' (or i tried to) - but the actual events are as they happened in the missions.

Anyways, for anyone interested and may have free time doing nothing else - go over and take a read.

The action started October 15th for Mech Masters and has been one rollercoaster ride for them :-)

http://jureidinim.tripod.com//index.html

.... then follow the "My Gaming Reports" link on the left
Thorgrim

RE: For anyone interested...

Post by Thorgrim »

Just read a few lines, and already have a comment. ;-)
Flares do nothing against SRMs. Just a heads-up.
I'll read it through when I have the time.
Iceman
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Ahh.. didn't remember that.

Oh well..

You may find more things that may not be exactly correct (example how i describe the cooling system or maybe even ejection) but i hope it's not so far off as to detract from a good story.

Thanks for the comments. You scored as my first poster :-)

Silas

Post by Silas »

I admit to keeping a running commentary on my squad's successes and failures.. nobody but me will ever read it or care, but I find it an enjoyable RP aspect of the game.

I'm playing without backups or reloads (essentially ironman, the way I'm guessing the designers intended the game to be played), and conequently find that the odd perma-death of a promising jock makes the ones that survive even sweeter. After ~40 battles (at even rank and mass), I even still have one member of the original squad. [8D]

rock on!
have modem, will travel!
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

My reports started just for fun - I named the original jocks on Mech Masters from actual friends of mine - and would email them small reports on the missions.

After about the third or fourth report, I found I was enjoying it . [;)]

I'm not very good with stats and remembering small details, so - as Thorgrim found - a few things may be off in the descriptions. I've actually made the team leader seem a bit absent-minded - as it's really MY mistakes in issuing commands that gets them in trouble.. heh heh (just read the earlier reports with the swamp - that was me not checking the map properly before issuing the run order).

It's all good fun though. Other than the campaigns which allows you to 'reset if failed', i also play iron man - and take the defeats/ pilot losses as they come. Far more fun [8D]

Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

So, when do you go back to writing those reports? They're very good reads.
Iceman
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Thorgrim - Soon I hope [8D]

Been distracted by real life ... and other games... but i'm getting the mech itch again.

After the loss (as seen in my last report) I was almost tempted to start another team - but i think i'll see if i can pull this team back from the brink - should make for some good stories [;)]

Anyone else had a read?

jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

New AAR for MechMasters is up!
sam.vanratt@gmx.net

Post by sam.vanratt@gmx.net »

Hi jureidinim
just read your ToS blog. Sounds a lot like the Outreach chronicles of BT. Fun to read even when they stopped in 2005 :-) (but the site is still active which is rare!)
Cheers
Sam
sam.vanratt

Return to “After Action Reports”