Airdrops in the AARs?

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes or how you had your Titan shot out from under you.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Sleeping_Dragon

Airdrops in the AARs?

Post by Sleeping_Dragon »

Anyone seen an airdrop while doing your AARs yet? I haven't seen one and come to think of it I haven't seen a random one in at least a couple of weeks that I can think of?

Larkin what's the chance of getting an airdrop on a given map?
Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue
LarkinVB

RE: Airdrops in the AARs?

Post by LarkinVB »

I'm on a short trip. Will check the percentage when I'm back but it definatly is modified by rank in v1.2 Had one airdrop last time I played so it should still work. There is a restriction that at least 2 titans are dropped and that dropped titans are maxed at 50% of total enemies. Therefore you have to face at least four enemies for any airdrop at all.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Didn't Peter Why report one yesterday or something? 2 titans, one Revolver (though not a CC titan) and some other I can't remember.
Iceman
aquietfrog

Post by aquietfrog »

I got an airdrop. Sounds like I met all the conditions Larkin mentioned.

My squad was facing against four titans: Phobos, Revolver, Dragonfly, Pack Hunter. There was also a lava stream... I read somewhere that that increases the chance of an airdrop significantly.

EDIT: Fifteenth Battle, BTW
Sleeping_Dragon

Post by Sleeping_Dragon »

Thanks for the answers. The restrictions on numbers/wieght is why I haven't seen one one in while. Even when I wasn't playing the Hard Corp I was playing very small squads (typically 2 assaults and usually facing 2-3 titans). Now that Hard Corps increased thier numbers and are getting close to raising enemy rank, I figure I'll see one soon. Not that I'm look all that forward to it.[;)]

I thought I remembered one from Frog but when I went looking for it, I didn't spot it. thanks fro the #.
Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Yep, that was you, not Peter. Went check after, but didn't feel like editing the post.
Iceman
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

ORIGINAL: LarkinVB

I'm on a short trip. Will check the percentage when I'm back but it definatly is modified by rank in v1.2

Ooops. Shouldn't use 'definatly' when its nonsense [:(]. Airdrops are fixed 25% and will then check for available titans and others rules already mentioned. Rivers do no longer modify this as the AI know knows how to cross them compared to TOS freeware.

Return to “After Action Reports”