Hard Corps - Rookie AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes or how you had your Titan shot out from under you.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Sleeping_Dragon

Hard Corps - Rookie AAR

Post by Sleeping_Dragon »

Been thinking about doing an AAR for a while since I was inspired by GeneSteeler's. Just waiting to start a new team for myself. I desided I was going to do a hardcore team from scratch with a few self-imposed rules.

1) Hard Core. No reloads, replay from saves, or back-ups, also no retrivial from missions allowed. If they die.. they're dead. Only exception is a comp crash or power outage.... that's not caused by me[;)] then I can use the autosave.

2) 1st titans for the squad to be determined randomally, but before jock creation.

3) All missions are to be a minimum of same jock rank and of atleast equal tonnage to the titans going into battle (this is going to be a killer)

4) All titans to be used by squad beyond the intial titans must be recovered from the field of battle, and no modifications in the factory. I'll need to keep a couple back-ups in inventory for when things go wrong... if I make it that far. (may have to bend this one early on if I lose too many titans and not recover enough)

5) Battles will be set for random terrian after the 1st which I'm being easy on myself and making standard terran. (If I can remember... I'm bad about forgetting to reset the terrian to random before every battle)

THE TITANS

So I randomally choose 3 titans, but I wanted to have atleast 1 of the newer ones so I can atleast playtest a little and end up with a Dragonfly, a Dagger, and a Tantrum; 2 energy-based titans and a U+C design. Dragonfly is cool, it's actually one of my favorite recons. Dagger, this one is a version I 'tweaked' for the next 'extended titan database', Still the ML + 2SL, but everything has been stripped down so that it has a BC6 and a Scanner5.. Not a lot of firepower, but it should hit more often then the recons. Tantrum... hmmm haven't even playtested this one yet, defianitely different from what I normally play, but that's the point of randomally generated titans and only using what I recover from the battlefield. Will see how it goes, but effectively 3 combat skills and with a jock that is going to also be a leader, manager, or mechanic.. going to strech my DPs.

The Dragonfly is the only titan I'll have that can sorta fit into a mid-range support role. Normally I like to have atleast 1 titan in a support role that can hang back a little as it can give some flexiblity when things don't go as planned. The Dagger and Tantrum both have some mid- to short-range firepower, but alot of thier firepower is going to be very short- to close-range, so Ill need to get pretty close with these. That could get hairy as a lot of the recons have CC weapons. Will have to see if I can do enough killing before they can close. The improved AI behaviors in the patch are going to be tougher to deal with. AI controlled titans are much more likely to 'pull-up', stop moving, and open fire when thier weapons are at a good range. This should help with non-CC titans running into the HTH frey, but it also means they'll have much better to-hits and will not be building up heat from moving.

THE JOCKS

Named the squad the 'Hard Corps' <-- notice the bad pun[:D]

Only starting with 3 jocks, keep a little money in the bank until I see how things go. I normally like to play with small teams anyway, but I'll have to have 4th jock sooner then later as a replacement... let's face it, these guys and gals will not live forever.

Leader, went with a human for the Charisma and a female for the instinct (IMO, females in general make better jocks, the +1 to instict it more useful then the +1 constituation in a lot of situations). Name: Sandra Grey; Callsign: Sandwoman. Here's what I got...

Code: Select all

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 Jock:		Sandra Grey aka Sandwoman
 Squad:		Hard Corps

Race:		HUMAN [FEMALE]
 Height:		166 cm
 Weight:		65 kg
 Salary:		3175 $ / month
 Titan:		NONE
 Battles:00        [Wins/Losses: 00/00]
 Hit ratio:        N/A
 Kills:		0
 XP:		0 / 4000
 DP:		Pilot: 333 / Combat: 333 / Other: 333
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 20%
 Manager:	Purchase markup 40%
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 65%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		10
 NEURAL SENSE:		10
 REACTION:	                  10
 INSTINCT:	                	12
 DEXTERITY:		12
 CONSTITUTION:		10		HP: 90
 CHARISMA:	                  10

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		025 % [056] -
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		014 % [053] --
 ASSAULT:		         027 % [053] -
 JUMP:			013 % [056] --
 SCOUTING:		         014 % [056] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		040 % [056]
 GUIDED MSL.:		009 % [053] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		029 % [056] -
 CANNON:			039 % [053] 
 ENERGY WEAPON:		030 % [053] 
 INDIRECT FIRE:		016 % [056] --

EL. WARFARE:		007 % [053] ---
 SCANNER:	                  030 % [050] 
 DEFENSIVE:		009 % [056] ---
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [053] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		026 % [050] -
 BUSINESS:		         023 % [050] -
 SURVIVAL:		         029 % [056] -
 MEDICAL:	                  015 % [053] --

Great CC and C, and good U! We have a jock for the Tantrum. My basic thinking on rookie jocks is get at least one combat skill up to atleast 60, was worried about this witht he Tantram, but the nice starting skills here should make that a lot easier. Pump a couple of ability scores to raise my max skills, pump leadership and recon piloting for all they're worth, then spend any letover where ever. Since the Tantrum don't have JJ I'll put leftover movement DPs in scouting (Scouting is also a good way to get MDPs). Leftover ODPs I'll put in scanner and EW. I usually like to put my leader in a titan that can hanng back a little more then the Tantrum (wanted to put her in the Dragonfly, but you can't argue with scores like these)

Now that I have my squad leader out of the way I can recuit my other 2 jocks.

The Manager, went with a Replicant D female, Kelly Brianna, callsign: Kali, hope I don't get burned too bad by NBs, but am wanting someone with a good energy weapon score. and the +2 Dex will help my maximums. Here's what I got:

Jock:		Kelly Brianna aka Kali

Race:		REPLICANT D [FEMALE]
 Weight:		75 kg
 Salary:		2600 $ / month
 Battles:	00 [Wins/Losses: 00/00]
 Hit ratio:	N/A
 Manager:	Purchase markup 24%
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 46%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		09
 NEURAL SENSE:		09
 REACTION:		08
 INSTINCT:		09
 DEXTERITY:		11
 CHARISMA:		10

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		038 % [050] 
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		020 % [048] -
 ASSAULT:		009 % [048] ---
 JUMP:			010 % [050] --
 SCOUTING:		013 % [045] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		028 % [043] -
 GUIDED MSL.:		004 % [045] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		004 % [050] ---
 CANNON:			028 % [045] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		029 % [045] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		001 % [045] ---

EL. WARFARE:		004 % [045] ---
 SCANNER:		023 % [045] -
 DEFENSIVE:		020 % [051] -
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [048] -
 LEADERSHIP:		022 % [048] -
 BUSINESS:		046 % [046]
 SURVIVAL:		028 % [046] -
 MEDICAL:		028 % [048] -

( [ code] and cut and paste don't seem to want to align the numbers correctly[:(])

Great recon skill, good energy weapon skill, and Outstanding bussiness skill! Since I got a good recon piloting I'll give Kali the Dragonfly and pump jump skill with any leftover MDPs. Will have to raise the maxs on my combat skills a little more then I would have like but what can you do. Will also try to get busness skill as high as possible and put leftover ODPs into Scanner and Defensive since I got good starting scores in these. I like pumping defensive very early in some of my jocks as the 'tweaking of the HRs' heat dissapation bonus can be a real lifesaver if you make the roll and have a good score. Target acquisition time is going to blow.. EW is going to be ignored for now. Also since I'm planning to play on random terians after the 1st battle the defensive heat bonus will come in extra handy if I get stuck in core. Good medical score also.

The Mechanic: I'm going to be pilioting the Dagger with this guy, so went with a male cyborg. Going to be using the SL alot and need a jock that go up front ant keep the AI off my other jocks if need be. Cyborg will give good protection from NB's and the Constitution bonuses will give me some hitpoints. Will also hope that I can pump scanners with this guy as the dagger has a scanner5. Here's Sam Rockfork aka Rocky.

Jock:		Sam Rockford aka Rocky

Race:		CYBORG [MALE]
 Weight:		109 kg
 Salary:		3400 $ / month
 XP:		0 / 4400
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 38%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		08
 DEXTERITY:		10
 CONSTITUTION:		13		HP: 117
 CHARISMA:		08

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		038 % [046] 
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		008 % [046] ---
 ASSAULT:		014 % [046] --
 JUMP:			022 % [046] -
 SCOUTING:		017 % [045] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		016 % [043] --
 GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [045] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [046] --
 CANNON:			026 % [043] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		037 % [043] 
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [045] -

EL. WARFARE:		006 % [045] ---
 SCANNER:		039 % [045] 
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [048] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		032 % [046] 
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [041] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [043] --
 SURVIVAL:		025 % [051] -
 MEDICAL:		002 % [046] ---

Got lucky! Great recon, Energy weapon, and scanner scores. Dmg control is only ok, considering I get a free bonus, but I can live with it... I hope [:)] Medical absolutely blows, hope he don't get hurt soon, will have to address this in the first few battles. For now everything goes into raising ability score to increase maxs, Energy weapons, recon pilioting, DC, and scanners. I'm going to have to spend alot to get my DC and EW max up.

THE HARD CORPS (after DP allotment)

Salary:		3175 $ / month
 Titan:		Tantrum [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 001 / Other: 000
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 43%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		11
 INSTINCT:		12
 DEXTERITY:		13
 CHARISMA:		13

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		061 % [061]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		014 % [055] --
 ASSAULT:		027 % [055] -
 JUMP:			013 % [061] --
 SCOUTING:		023 % [056] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		040 % [058]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		061 % [061]
 CANNON:			046 % [058]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		030 % [058] 

EL. WARFARE:		017 % [053] --
 SCANNER:		035 % [050] 
 DEFENSIVE:		009 % [060] ---
 DMG. CONTROL:		005 % [055] ---
 LEADERSHIP:		060 % [060]
 BUSINESS:		023 % [055] -
 SURVIVAL:		029 % [056] -
 MEDICAL:		015 % [055] --

Height:		183 cm
 Salary:		2375 $ / month
 Titan:		Dragonfly [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 000 / Other: 001
 Manager:	Purchase markup 15%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		11
 REACTION:		12
 CHARISMA:		11

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [060]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		020 % [050] -
 ASSAULT:		009 % [050] ---
 JUMP:			025 % [060] -
 SCOUTING:		013 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		028 % [050] -
 GUIDED MSL.:		004 % [051] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		004 % [060] ---
 CANNON:			028 % [060] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		060 % [060]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		001 % [048] ---

EL. WARFARE:		004 % [051] ---
 SCANNER:		040 % [051]
 DEFENSIVE:		034 % [058] 
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [056] -
 LEADERSHIP:		022 % [055] -
 BUSINESS:		055 % [055]
 MEDICAL:		028 % [056] -

Height:		197 cm
 Salary:		3400 $ / month
 Titan:		Dagger [40.0 t]
 XP:		0 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 000 / Other: 000
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 15%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		13

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		058 % [058]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		008 % [048] ---
 ASSAULT:		014 % [048] --
 JUMP:			022 % [058] -
 SCOUTING:		023 % [048] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		019 % [051] --
 GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [051] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [058] --
 CANNON:			026 % [061] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		059 % [061]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [048] -

EL. WARFARE:		006 % [051] ---
 SCANNER:		042 % [051]
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [055] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		055 % [055]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [045] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [050] --
 MEDICAL:		002 % [055] ---

Well they're all buckled up and ready for they're 1st battle, It's going to be on terran terrian agianst another rookie squad of equal tonnage.. cross your fingers[:D]

Coming Soon...
Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue
Sleeping_Dragon

King of the Mountian

Hard Corps 1st battle:

Terran terrian
Leader: Sandwoman in a Tantrum
Manager: Kali in a Dragonfly
Mech: Rocky in a Dagger
Even battle agianst rookies with the same tonnage

So my brave(?) jocks are off to their 1st battle. Initial plans are to let Sandwoman and Rocky try to stay near the front and Kali right behind them, but we need to get a look at where we're fighting first. We start on the western edge of the map, no enemies in sight. the map is dominated by a large wooded mountian dead center of the map surrounded by a mixed wooded/open plain with the edges of the map giving way to other hills. The AI will be on the other side of the mountian, but I have to think about how to approach this. I can wait on the AI, try to go around the mountian, or try to go over the mountian. I decide my squad will go up the mountian and try to beat the AI to the top, if they're even headed that way. If I let the AI get up there I'll be in for a very tough fight as the top of the mountian is heavily wooded, getting the AI out of that kind of cover would be difficult, especially with a rookie squad and if the AI has long-range weapons from up there... it would shoot me to bits. So my squad takes the initiative and makes a play for the top of the mountian. Getting a good read of the terrian is 1/3 of the battle (the other 1/3rds being tactics and luck[:)])

While moving towards the mountian, Kali jumps up in the Dragonfly to see if she can spot any of the enemy titans and give me an idea what they'll be up agianst before they're fully commitied to taking the mountian top position, no luck, mountians too high. Kali isn't too good at flying.... she can get up, but getting down is another story... a good amount of damage from a botched landing.. not a good start. The Hard Corps do manage to get a few 'increased movements' while moving through the wooded portions of the plains, the points spent in scouting are already paying off[:D]

Sandwoman makes the top of the mountian 1st and sees this...

There's a Swift Death 3 hexes to the SE and another titan 10 hexes to the NE. My 1st thought was "Were is the 3rd titan?", but then I saw the the titan in the NE was a light. I caught a 10ton break! but didn't have a clue what the light titan was. Both were standing still, apparently waiting on my squad to show thier faces. Sandwoman croachs and locks onto the Swift Death as Rocky, followed by Kali crest the hill... really need to spend some DPs on EW to decrease my target aquisition time! By this time the Swift Death has started running up the hill..slowly. This could be bad, if he makes it to the next hex he'll be out of LOS until he is right next to me if my squad holds this position. Sandwoman croachs and... DOH indirect LOS. stand back up and stop Kali and rocky from croaching. Rocky with the better BC and scanner gets the 1st shots off openning up with everything and hitting with the ML and 1 SL, then does a scan... nice to have a good scanner in a recon fro a change. Kali and Sandwoman just open up as they don't have a week to wait on a scan. Both let off a few salvos with a couple of hits and Sandwoman gets a yellow scan, Cool! +4 to-hit! in addition to the BC6! They contiune fireing and I'm starting to sweat, the Swift Death can't be too long away from completing it's move. Better to stop it now while it's still outside it's firing range. The UGMs and Lasers are stating to take a toll, finally Sandwoman manages to take out a torso with an SRM8 and the Swift Death falls. The Swift Death is going to have to try that long climb agian from the start. The squad trys to put an end to the Swift Death while it's still on the ground, but no luck.. lots of misses. Meanwhile....

The light titan has moved into 7 hex range and finally opens up with a barage of cannon fire, it's a Spear. Sandwoman takes a GC to the CT.. ouch. Need to finish taking care of the Swift Death quickly as the Spear continues to close....

Rocky in the Dagger manages to trip the Swift Death agian and his scanners are showing red on the Swift Death all over the place. My squad has a lot of small weapons that do scattered damage with only the LL of Kali being a heavy hitter. Finally the tantrum proves it worth and takes out the LoT of the Swift Death with some SRMs. The Hard Corps leave it laying.. can't stand and out of range. The Spear is continuing to close taking shots as it enters every new hex.

Everyone locks onto the Spear and opens up with what they can, Rocky goes for a scan. Agian what hits the squad gets are small and scattered and the Tantrum is starting to show the effects of the enemies cannons, Sandwoman stats to worry and plans an exit if things get worse, the Spear thinks she's the biggest threat. The jock of the Swift Death ejects when the Spear gets to within 3 hexes, cool will not have to 'clean up' later.

I'm starting to worry the Spear keeps closing.. is it going to come up the mountian after me? Nope.. it stops at a 2 hex range.. whew. At high jock levels it probably would have stopped sooner, but with low rookie 'to-hits' it moved to minimum range.. luckily it also within range of my squad's small weapons MGs and SLs... bad 'to-hits' but lots of them.

AC7 knocks Sandwoman down.. that her sign to start pulling back, she's red in 3-4 locations (but none that can be penetrated in a single hit) she stands, turns and starts running. That's enough for the Spear to change it's mind and switch targets. All the small fire is starting to have an effect.. red has appreared on the Dagger's scanner and Rocky takes off the Sprear's LA with it's ML. There's been a lot of small weapons fire directed at the Spear, the Tantrum had even hit a few MG rounds in the single digits. Kali in the Dragonfly takes out the RT and knocks the Spear down, things are looking good. Rocky in the Dagger hits a couple more SLs and his scanners are showing red everywhere. Sandwoman finishs her long, slow run through the heavy woods, turn and opens up with MGs and SRMs... a few seconds later, the jock of the Spear ejects, Victory!

Overall, the Tantrum and Dagger did outstanding, much better then I'd expected. The Dragonfly was no slouch either, but it seemed that it was the Dagger or more ofter the Tantrum that was firing when something happened.

I didn't get to salvage a titan this game, but I did make out good with the cash, $138,984 and only $24,270 for repairs, mostly to the Tantrum, it had a couple of red locations and a damaged scanner, but I more then doubled my bank account.

DP standings after the battle:

DP:		Pilot: 009 / Combat: 049 / Other: 002

DP:		Pilot: 016 / Combat: 029 / Other: 003

DP:		Pilot: 004 / Combat: 023 / Other: 024

Sandwoman in the Tantrum racked up good combat DPs, lots of low percentage hits with the MGs. Kali made a few scouting checks and a stand move or two, due to her poor landing abilities so she got the most Pilioting DPs. Rocky got a lot of ODPs thanks to that scanner5 (and had a 45% hit% even with the SLs). Not sure where I'm going to spend them yet, but will be in something basic and not planning on saving any; will wait on the promotion to green to raise ability scores.
Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (351.31 KiB) Viewed 301 times

aquietfrog

RE: King of the Mountian

Post by aquietfrog »

Very inspiring. It makes me want to start over again... just that I still haven't beaten the metaborator campaign
Sleeping_Dragon

Into the Badlands

The Hard Corps get ready for thier 2nd battle by spending thier hard earned DPs. Sandwoman spends hers in scouting, UGM, CC, and EW; Kali spends hers in JJ, CC, and EW; and Rocky improves scouting, E, CC, scanner and takes the first steps to start improving medical.

Salary:		3429 $ / month
 Battles:	01 [Wins/Losses: 01/00]
 Hit ratio:	36 %
 XP:		885 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 004 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		026 % [056] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		045 % [058]
 CANNON:			050 % [058]

EL. WARFARE:		018 % [053] --

Salary:		2565 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	45 %
 XP:		722 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 003 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 JUMP:			030 % [060] 
 SCOUTING:		013 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		035 % [050] 

EL. WARFARE:		007 % [051] ---
 DEFENSIVE:		034 % [058] 

Salary:		3672 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	45 %
 XP:		766 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 000 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		024 % [048] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		021 % [051] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		061 % [061]

SCANNER:		046 % [051]
 MEDICAL:		006 % [055] ---

2nd Battle
Biochem terrian (I remembered to hit random[:)])
Sandwoman in a Tantrum
Kali in a Dragonfly
Rocky in a Dagger

The Hard Corps start out on the eastern edge on the map this time. The Biochem terrianlooks fairly flat with a few rolling hills and a couple stray mountians. Plenty off cover and this time it's non-burnable. In the squad's 1st battle they would have been in deep trouble if the AI had a weapon that could have set the heavy woods I was using as cover on fire. The squad can't move north easily as there's fairly large area of acid and rocks there (which we almost didn't see due to the heavy cover in those hexes). No really obvious place to get a good position, there's cover everywhere up to the middle of the map where there's a few steep hills. The squad would prefer to be in cover while the enemy isn't!

The squad starts heading west and a little south and Kali jumps up to see what's going on and spots a recon and a light titan far to the west heading at a full run toward the middle of the map. Kali can't ID them. Rocky on the other hans with his scanner5 moves to the crest of a small ridge and gets a look at them and ID's them as a Lancer and a Viper. ICK! Lancer is similiar to the Dagger in set up with a BC6 and scan5 and armed with an AC7 and 2 MGs, it will have good to hit rolls. The light Viper has lots of fire power 2 HMGs and 2PLs, but can run pretty hot. The squad really needs to get out of sight till we're at closer range and also needs heavy cover if they're going to live through this. There's some nice heavy cover on the steep hills near the center of the map, but don't know if I can beat the AI there, gonna try and see what happens. Kali falls while landing... agian... more DPs into JJ if she makes it through this one.

The squad approaches the hills but don't think they can beat the AI there. But they notice the other side of the hills are very steep also and hopes the Ai can't get over them easily and will deside to go around. The Hard Corps makes a play to get in some heavy cover on the backside of the hills and see if the AI moves around. Kali, who takes a slightly differnt path toward the chossen hex due to her failed landing briefly spots the Lancer moving around the hill. Cool. Squad arrives in position and hasn't even finished croaching until the Lancer comes into view 2 hexes away.

the 1st shots are fired, Kali catches an AC7 in the leg but returns the favor with a LL hit to the Lancer's legs. One cycle of shots and the Viper is already here. I'm starting to worry, I need to take out the Lancer quickly. The Viper stands it ground and opens up on the Sandwoman in the Tantrum... at least the AI is shooting at 2 different titans while the Hard Corps concentrate fire on the Lancer. The Lancer moves forward and start heading toward my squad's hex... they all start standing back up, getting ready for fisticuffs. Kali is starting to get damaged 2 more AC7 hits and one that damages her flares, not that shes going to need them this fight. The Viper starts moving closer still taking shots at the Tantrum and doing some minor damage, but the squad is eating away at the Lancer. THe Lancer makes it into my hex and the Viper starts to follow... uh oh. Kali takes out the LoT on the Lancer! then desides to switch targets to the incoming Viper along with Rocky. The Tantrum is going to work on the Lancer a little more as it still has 2MGs blaring away. LT on the Lancer goes.. 1 MG out of the way... good enough, well one more swing can't hurt, AC7 ammo goes off in the Lancers CT, CT destroyed, Good. Sandwoman follows suit and switches to the Viper.

Viper moves into the hex before Sandwoman can even target lock him. The Viper opens up with a barrage of firepower and Sandwoman goes down with light leg damage.. uh oh. Time to get up and think about moving, the Tantrum is already showing yellow at more then a few locations. Kali sneaks in a LL to the Viper' head and hopes it stuns him. She wants to follow up with some punches but her LA is red from the Lancer's attacks; she holds off. Sandwoman fails her stand check.. damage to the shoulder... worry sets in as the Viper continues to pound away, LT is very red. Rocky has been firing away with little effect other then to run his heat into the red, he trys for a scan and waits to cool down. Viper punches and the Tantrum is down agian... It's red in the CT, LT, and RL; but the head and CBT are still fine (engine is in the CBT) One more try to get up... leg gone, LT gone.. time to eject? Not yet.. as Kali comes trough with a LL hit that sends the Viper to the ground. The Tantrum blares away with it's one usable MG.

Draw...?

If the Viper wasn't on the ground or if the Tantrum had heavy damage in the head or CBT... I'd take it, the Tantrum is effectively out and Kali has some significant damage. The Dagger is ony scratched from a pucnch or 2 it gave to the Lancer, but it couldn't stand up to a Viper. The squad decides 'Not Yet'.

Lancer's jock ejects (he was still hanging around?). Viper stands but is still firing at the Tantrum. Sandwoman acts as bait taking the damage as long as the cockpit or her engine aren't in extreme danger. Viper opens up on the Tantrum some more, other torso gone, LoT gone.. Rocky and Kali lay into the Viper but they're runnning hot and the Viper just got harder to hit.... it also stopped firing.. it's moving out of the hex! Rocky and Kali turn and swivel and just as the Viper clears my hex into the open Kali in the Dragonfly removes it's LoT! a few secs later the Viper's jock ejects. VICTORY!

WHEW.. much tougher battle then the 1st one. I got lucky with the Tantrum and didn't have to eject, that probably won me the game. The Dagger and Tantrum were the stars of the 1st battle, this time it was all Kali in the Dragonfly. No salavage titan... agian, I really need a back up. Nice payout, $148,424, but repairs are going to cost. $67,806 for repairs, $53,051 for the Tantrum alone, well it did have 14 destroyed parts[:D] The Dragonfly did end up with 2 red locations and 5 yellow, and the dagger only got scratched from punching at other titans.

DP's after the battle: A little more MDP, more balanced CDP, and pretty sorry ODP.. only tried scanning twice with the Dagger and both times I came up with red scans. Maybe next battle I can get a onger LOS for some scans in.

DP:		Pilot: 020 / Combat: 020 / Other: 002

DP:		Pilot: 010 / Combat: 032 / Other: 010

DP:		Pilot: 014 / Combat: 025 / Other: 002

Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (177.86 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Sleeping_Dragon

Out of the Frying Pan....

After allocating my hard-earned DPs from the 2nd battle the Hard Corps looks like this.

Salary:		3683 $ / month
 Battles:	02 [Wins/Losses: 02/00]
 Hit ratio:	40 %
 XP:		1490 / 3400
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 000 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		032 % [056] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		049 % [058]
 CANNON:			050 % [058]

EL. WARFARE:		019 % [053] --

Salary:		2755 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	51 %
 XP:		1468 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 JUMP:			032 % [060] 
 SCOUTING:		014 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		042 % [050]

EL. WARFARE:		009 % [051] ---
 DEFENSIVE:		036 % [058] 

Salary:		3944 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	49 %
 XP:		1402 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 001 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		028 % [048] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		029 % [051] -

SCANNER:		046 % [051]
 MEDICAL:		008 % [055] ---

The 3rd battle:

Core terrian
Leader: Sandwoman in a Tantrum
Manager: Kali in a Dragonfly
Mech: Rocky in a Dagger
Even battle agianst rookies with the same tonnage

I was hoping I could put his off for a while... Core in recons! heat for everyone [:D] Just hope the Hard Corps can better manage the heat then the AI can, I'll have to play this one carefully.

The Hard Corps start on a core map scattered on the South and Central western edge of the map. There's an enemy recon visible in the far NE corner. I can tell there is a lava river running from the NE corner to the middle south edge of the map. My first thought is "GOOD" that should seperate the 2 forces and I might be able to pick them off, since neither side is likely to want to cross the lava. Then I pay attention... the enemy recon is on MY side of the lava. Hmmmm, maybe they're squad is split? That would be even better. Or.. since I'm only seeing one recon, maybe there is an airdrop on the way? Will have to be extra careful.

I start moving my forces closer together and Kali uses her JJs to get a look at the map. Middle of the map is fairly flat with lots of cover, but no outstanding locations where my squad could have cover and the enemy wouldn't. The enemy recon has moved out of everyone's LOS and no other enemies are visable. Kali lands... sorta.. yep, true to past form she falls! 60% chance to just isn't good enough.. teammates think of changing her callsign to Clumsy!... can you do that?

Team sets up scanner links and keeps re-establishing them as they slowly make thier way into the heavy cover in the middle of the battlefield. Using an occasional walk to keep any minor heat build up under control in my lower HR titans. Nothing shows up in the middle of the map.. the enemy is nowhere to be seen. My squad works thier way northward through the cover, hoping to catch a glimpse of the enemy, nothing. well it there was going to be an airdrop it would have probably happened by now.. the enemy must be hiding.. still hoping some enemy titans are on the other side of the lava river.

The Hard Corps move from the nearly continous cover in the middle map into the more sparatic cover in the NE, hoping to hop from covered hex to covered hex. Rocky moves into the open between covers and there they are! A Wolfpack, Duelist, and a Rogue, all croached down in heavy cover 3 hexes away, just waiting.. Ah, but it's indirect LOS! Maybe Rocky's scanner5 has enough vitual heigth advantage that they don't see him? I call move on the other two titans so that they can stay in cover. If they don't see me maybe I can link everyones scanner to Rockys and get some cheap scans? Guess what Kali does... Yep, she falls

Rocky get a yellow scan on the Rouge and starts to back-up just in case. Rogue stands.. crap, they saw me! My move backwards may have made them decide to come after me. If all those titans get HTH I'm dead! there are 3 chainsaws in that squad! Everyone finishes thier scan on the Rogue, which they started before any enemy titan moved. Nothing, other then the earlier yellow scan from the Dagger. The Rogue moves into direct LOS first and everyone empties thier payloads on it. Kali fires last and takes out a torso! and the Rogue falls! That should slow it down a bit as I quickly switch tatgets to the real threats, the CC pair of the Wolfpack and the Duelist! The Duelist is going to be my primarly target, even though its the titan with the worst heat dissapation in the database, 2 chainsaws do too much damage for my team to handle. The FT on the Wolfpack.. well I hope it will miss when it gets in closer and I could probably take a hit or 2 from it. The Hard Corps does good damage to the Duelist as it closes, but it has good armor for a recon.

The Duelist charges! Misses! Falls! Kali isn't the only klutz on the battlefield! One second later the Wolfpack also enters my squad's hex. It's not as brave as the Duelist, it don't charge, but opens up with a FT and a CS. Sandwoman takes the CS in the CT.. ICK! The Dagger notices the Duelist's RL is red and does 2 called shot with SL at the location, one hits but the location holds, not bad for the 1st called shots from the squad. The Duelist stands despite everyones attempts to keep it down. The Tantrum takes a Chainsaw in the LT from the Duelist and another CS in the LL from the Wolfpack. Medium damage to the Tantrums HR! Time for Sandwoman to leave! She isn't very hot and may be able to make it to the map's edge without overheating if she's lucky. She starts a run out of the hex and away from the fight. The Wolfpack hits her with a FT! Sandwoman doesn't need more heat! Even worse she falls.. uh oh...

Sandwoman scrambles for the eject button, but takes a BRG from the Rogue that's moving toward this hex rapidly now, she finally finds the eject button. both her head and CBT (engine location) are below 15 APS. This is a disaster waiting to happen. She hits the eject and hopes she can make it out before too many more attacks come her way. Kali and Rocky run up thier heat trying to get the Duelist down before it can do more damage to Sandwoman's Tantrum. Rocky in the Dagger takes out the Duelist's LT, but runs his heat into the critical...

The Wolfpack's CS grinds away loudly... Sandwoman... CBT... NOOOOO!!!!! DON'T BLOW!! DON'T BLOW!!!....

BOOM!

Sandwoman is no longer waiting on the eject to happen.... [:(] She'll be missed

The other squad members can't help the dead, they'll mourn later.

Rocky, in the already critical Dagger, shuts down, get's injured, falls, and goes unconcious for a few seconds. He reawakens before his titan restarts, benefiets of being a cyborg, but those injuries don't have much chance of healing, his medical skill blows.

Kali in the Dragonfly loses the LA, gets knocked dizzy, and puts her heat into the deep red. Time to move and get some distance before the enemy regroups...

The Duelist loses the other torso and and the LA; he's effectively out. The Wolfpack takes some major damage but is still standing, as does the Rogue who still hasn't made in into this hex.

The Duelist with no real weapons other then a leg decides to follow Kali in the Dragonfly, after he waits a while to cool down. The Rogue relocks onto the still stutdown Dagger, moves into the hex, kicks at the Dagger, fails, and falls.. whew! Dagger restarts! and starts standing. Wolfpack has me worried it hasn't done anything since the blast, it should be getting near cooling off by now. The Dagger falls while standing and immediately trys standing agian. In the meantime, the Dragonfly has found some cover a couple hexes away, Kali turns her badly damaged titan and being ticked that the Duelist is following her, fires one LL at it.. taking out one of it's legs.. maybe it's jock will get the point now!

DRAW?...

All my vital locations are still... ok. and Kali can now put the LL to work on the Rogue/Wolfpack from a distance and Rocky is going to be cool by the time he stands up. But most importantly.. REVENGE for Sandwoman!

NOT YET.

BRG hits Rocky, he's back on the ground. Kali starts shooting at the Rogue who is taking potshots at Rocky as he's trying to stand. Rocky fails to stand AGIAN! those wounds are really affecting his skill checks.. maybe a draw wouldn't have been the worst of ideas..? The Wolfpack is still standing over Rocky doing nothing other then turning every now and agian.. it must have taken some major damage. Rocky finally gets up, unload his weapons and starts running out of the hex. The Rogue turns and chases after him. If I can keep the Rogue chasing Rocky it will stay warm and I can kill it with the Dragonfly who's sitting it a good location to take some shots as it follows Rocky. Kali goes for a scan she'll need some better to hits to have a good chance to hit a running Rogue. Green scan! The Rogue's engine has light damage it's staying very warm and is having to stop every now and agian to cool down... Rocky will keep on being the bait. Kali's next shot takes out one of the Rogue's legs that should be it for him, damaged engine and HRs in Core, not a good combination. Rocky put some distance between him and the Rogue just incase and start moving to a good position to take cheap shots at the Wolfpack, whose still standing in the explosion hex.

Green scans reveil the Wolfpack has medium HR damage. The Rogue's jock ejects. Kali and Rocky hope to reck some cheap, yet bloody, revenge on the Wolfpack's jock for killing Sandwoman! A unknown titan shutsdown.... Rocky moves a little further away from the downed Rogue. Eventually Kali takes a leg off the Wolfpack with her LL... too bad it wasn't the head... Wolfpack falls, and jock ejects. A Pyrrhic victory.

We do manage to salvage a titan this battle, the Wolfpack. We'll need it if we're going to recuit a replacement for Sandwoman, but everytime we look at it, we'll realize the cost that was paid for it. Also walked away with an additional $126,632 in cash of which $56,608 will need to be spent on repairs. Kali gets promoted to be the new squad leader. She get some improvement in her Leadership score from the ODPs she's earned this battle before she recuits a new jock (the squad did well in xps this battle). She'll also have to hang back a little more in future battles as I'm going to let her hold both squad leader and manager roles for a while.

DPs after 3rd battle:

Jock: Sandra Grey aka Sandwoman [KIA]
DP: Pilot: 000 / Combat: 000 / Other: 000

Jock: Kelly Brianna aka Kali
DP: Pilot: 027 / Combat: 029 / Other: 052

Jock: Sam Rockford aka Rocky
DP: Pilot: 025 / Combat: 014 / Other: 038

Overall, this was a much more fluid battle then the 1st two, even with the big cluster fight where Sandwoman died. It would have been even more fluid if Sandwoman could have made it out of that hex as I was getting very close to going into a running battle to keep away from the chainsaws, but I really wanted one of there titans out before I started that. I did catch a big break in the fight with the HR damage to the Wolfpack, but hey, that's what you get for blowing up a titan at your feet! I'm sure the Hard Corps will have some equally bad luck in the future.
Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (180.96 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Sleeping_Dragon

The New Girl

With the death of Sandra Grey, aka. Sandwoman, the Hard Corps go on a search for a new squadmate to pilot the Wolfpack. I picked a human female for the bonuses to instinct so she can have good maxs on wielding that deadly chainsaw. If a NB shows up I'll have to let Rocky handle it. Hopefully she'll have a good intellegence so she can step up to squad manager or leader in the furture if need be. After alloting DPs for Kali and Rocky I recuit Lucy Sanchez, aka. Lucky Lucy.

Jock:		Lucy Sanchez aka Lucky Lucy

Weight:		60 kg
 Salary:		3675 $ / month

Attributes:
 REACTION:		09
 DEXTERITY:		08
 CONSTITUTION:		08		HP: 72

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		024 % [041] -
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [046] --
 ASSAULT:		005 % [046] ---
 JUMP:			006 % [041] ---
 SCOUTING:		001 % [055] ---

CLOSE COMBAT:		015 % [055] --
 GUIDED MSL.:		031 % [050] 
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		010 % [041] --
 CANNON:			024 % [043] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		028 % [043] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [055] -

EL. WARFARE:		020 % [050] -
 SCANNER:		029 % [046] -
 DEFENSIVE:		013 % [041] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		022 % [043] -
 LEADERSHIP:		005 % [051] ---
 BUSINESS:		003 % [048] ---
 SURVIVAL:		022 % [053] -
 MEDICAL:		020 % [043] -

Well she wasn't that luck with her skills and abilities. Decent E, Scan, DC, and GM (but no use yet). I allot her DPs stessing CC and give her a good Jump since the Wolfpack has JJ, maybe she'll not fall as much as Kali? Also since she isn't going to be a squad office holder I can put more points into combat-oriented other-skills (EW, Scan, and Defensive). Here's the whole squad as they think about going into battle #4. With a good xp turnout Kali could possible make it to green in the next battle.

Salary:		2945 $ / month
 Battles:	03 [Wins/Losses: 03/00]
 Hit ratio:	50 %
 XP:		3078 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 004 / Other: 000
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 25%

Attributes:

Skills:
 JUMP:			038 % [060] 
 SCOUTING:		015 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		047 % [050]

DEFENSIVE:		040 % [058]
 LEADERSHIP:		033 % [055] 

Salary:		4216 $ / month
 Battles:	03 [Wins/Losses: 03/00]
 Hit ratio:	47 %
 XP:		2543 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 003 / Combat: 003 / Other: 001

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		034 % [048] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		032 % [051] 

SCANNER:		051 % [051]
 MEDICAL:		014 % [055] --

Height:		171 cm
 Salary:		3675 $ / month
 Titan:		Wolfpack [40.0 t]
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 003 / Other: 004

Attributes:
 REACTION:		10
 INSTINCT:		14
 DEXTERITY:		09

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		046 % [046]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		017 % [048] --
 ASSAULT:		005 % [048] ---
 JUMP:			046 % [046]
 SCOUTING:		015 % [061] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		062 % [063]
 GUIDED MSL.:		031 % [053] 
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		010 % [046] --
 CANNON:			024 % [048] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		030 % [048] 
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [061] -

EL. WARFARE:		040 % [053]
 SCANNER:		041 % [046]
 DEFENSIVE:		045 % [045]
 DMG. CONTROL:		022 % [045] -
 SURVIVAL:		022 % [060] -
 MEDICAL:		020 % [045] -

Sleeping_Dragon

A Break from the Heat

The Hard Corps gear up for thier 4th battle.

Polar Terrian yea!
Leader/Manger: Kali in a Dragonfly
Mechanic: Rocky in a Dagger
Squad Memeber: Lucky Lucy in a Wolfpack

The Hard Corps start in the southern portions of the eastern edge of the map. Terrian is fairly open on the Hard Corps side of the map with splochy cover. Broken hills rise in the distance about 2/3rds of the way across the map.

Lucky Lucy hearing the tales of Kali's bad luck while trying to land after jumps trys to show her stuff and live up to her name. Lucky Lucy jumps up to do some scouting. Kali and Rocky move up to a small patch of tall pines to take cover; no sign of the enemy. Lucky Lucy jumps forward a few hexes hoping the enemy will show it's face. No luck, enemy don't show, so Lucky Lucy lands and following the training given to her by her squad leader promptly ends on flat on the ground

Lucy stands and scouts a little further ahead trying to get another look over some hills while Kali and Rocky wait patiently in the grove of pines. Eleven hexes away to the NE a light titan shows it's face to Kali and Rocky; Lucky Lucy starts moving back closer to her squadmates. The Dagger and Dragonfly both go for a quick scan on the light, but to no avail; it moves out of LOS before the scans can be completed. A recon moves into the same hex the light just left. Knowing they will not have time to scan it before it exits, Kali and Rocky lock onto some pines the enemy might try to use as cover in the future and hope to light ithem on fire. No luck. The light crosses over a rise and back into LOS. The scanners on the dagger ID it as a Ghost, a few seconds later the recon joins it, it's a Fireball. At least the polar terrian will take some of the edge off the Fireball's ability to heat up opponents.

Lucy has moved into a positon behind some trees hoping she'll be temporaily out of direct LOS of the enemy but in a position she can close quickly. Agian no luck the slight rise and the heigth of the Ghost give it LOS and it opens up with a PG to Lucy's LoT that sends her to the ground... still not out of direct LOS. Not a good start. Rocky and Kali get locks on the Ghost and fire with no luck, Rocky goes for a scan and gets a yellow. Lucy stands and notices that the Fireball has already moved off the rise and out of LOS and the Ghost is following suit. She holds her ground, once the Ghost has moved it will not be able to hit her... she hopes.

The enemy starts seperating it's forces. The Fireball moves ahead through some light pines and heads for Lucky Lucy. The Ghost moves off the rise and starts moving around the pines toward Kali and Rocky, both of which are croached and out of direct LOS. Kali and Rocky decide to lock onto the Fireball and hopefully with Lucky Lucy's help take it down quickly.

Rocky fires and goes for a scan, Kali hits the Fireball in the leg and trips it! It will not be long before Lucky Lucy gets into the hex with the downed Fireball! The Fireball stands just befoe Lucy enters the hex. Lucy goes for a charge...bad call.. misses and then falls! The Fireball gets a few rounds into Lucky Lucy. Rocky gets a yellow scan. Kali pops the Fireball in the head with a LL! Hope that rattles the jock a bit![:D]

Fireball starts running, maybe it don't want a piece of Lucky Lucy's chainsaw when she stands. Lucy trys to stand and falls. She tries agian.. The Dagger and Dragonfly have got a couple good hits on the Fireball, but the Ghost is starting to close as was made perfectly clear by a missed PG shot. Kali and Rocky switch targets, Lucky Lucy is on her on for now.

Kali and Rocky fire on the Ghost.. shields! Crap, I knew the Hard Corps were heavy into energy weapons and that could pose a problem, but I wasn't expecting it to occur this early.. there's just not that many lights with shields. The Fireball leaves Lucy's hex and starts turning, Lucy stands, the fireball is headed back, she waits on it. The Ghost has now spotted Lucky Lucy and switches targets to her. Fireball enters the Wolfpacks hex. The Ghost hits the Wolfpack with it's PG and Lucky Lucy finally gets to fire, a the FT misses but the Chainsaw cleanly takes off an arm and the Fireball drops to the ground, Lucy waits for 2 seconds and then deleivers a punch hoping the Fireball is trying to stand and the punch will knock it back to the ground. A hit but no fall. FT recycles and gets a nice solid hit in the CBT. CBT is destroyed! They can leave the Fireball for later. Time for Lucy to move out of the Ghost's LOS, the Wolfpack is showing yellows.

The Ghost is under constant, but generally ineffective, fire from Kali and Rocky, but still manages to hit Lucky Lucy with the PG agian enough to damage a hip actuator. keep running girl, one more hex and you'll be out of sight. Kali finally gets lucky and overloads the shields on the Ghost, the Dagger and Dragonfly open up with everything. A couple of good hits, then the shields back, only to be taken down agian by a SL from Kali. Lucky Lucy finally makes it out of sight, the Ghost retargets onto Kali. A few more hits and the shields are back, a SL from Rocky takes it down agian! Rocky gets in a green scan on the Ghost, he needed a break he was overheating in Polar! The Ghost is starting to show yellows.

The Ghost heads for the hex with Kali and Rocky. Fine, it wants a slugfest, They'll give it what it wants. Ghost enters hex and the slugfest begins, lots of small hits on both sides. Lucky Lucy heads back toward the fight at full speed now that the Ghost is occupied. The Hard Corps start dealing decent damage, but in small lumps. The Ghost moves out of the hex, turns and starts to renter. Lucky Lucy joins up with her squadmates and waits on the Ghost to re-enter the hex, she's itching to put that chainsaw back to work. But Kali beats her to it. Right before the Ghost re-enter the hex, Kali takes a pot shot with her damaged large laser (one too many punches) at the shielded Ghost. 13% to-hit and she plants the 9 points of damage in the Ghost's LoT. LoT destroyed! It falls and loses an arm. Victory in the snow!

Kali makes rank Green by only 59 xps.
No salvaged titan[:(] Kali was really eyeing that Ghost[:D] but teh squad did bring in $118,594.
Repairs will cost $37,433.

DPs after the battle:

DP:		Pilot: 063 / Combat: 103 / Other: 069

DP:		Pilot: 005 / Combat: 039 / Other: 031

DP:		Pilot: 019 / Combat: 006 / Other: 013

Overall pretty easy fight, except for the Fireball/Wolfpack match up had me worried for a while, especially with the Ghost firing into it. Good combat for Kali and Rocky. A little ODP for Rocky and his scanner5, that thing is very useful! Not a lot for Lucky Lucy, she barely missed out of the last fight, but she lives to see another day!

Here's how the Hard Corps look after DP allotment. Kali gained a point of reaction and is now saving for a point of dex in addition to raiseing her energy weapon skill.

Salary:		5510 $ / month
 Battles:	04 [Wins/Losses: 04/00]
 Hit ratio:	43 %
 XP:		3859 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 023 / Combat: 025 / Other: 029
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 28%

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		060 % [061]
 JUMP:			038 % [061] 
 SCOUTING:		015 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		048 % [051]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		004 % [061] ---
 CANNON:			028 % [063] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		063 % [063]

DEFENSIVE:		040 % [058]
 LEADERSHIP:		033 % [055] 

Salary:		4488 $ / month
 Battles:	04 [Wins/Losses: 04/00]
 Hit ratio:	42 %
 XP:		3592 / 4400
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 002 / Other: 001

Attributes:

Skills:
 SCOUTING:		035 % [048] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		041 % [051]

SCANNER:		051 % [051]
 MEDICAL:		026 % [055] -

Salary:		3969 $ / month
 Hit ratio:	66 %
 XP:		488 / 3800
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 003

Attributes:
 REACTION:		10

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		046 % [046]
 JUMP:			046 % [046]
 SCOUTING:		023 % [061] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		062 % [063]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		010 % [046] --
 CANNON:			024 % [048] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		031 % [048] 

EL. WARFARE:		040 % [053]
 SCANNER:		043 % [046]
 SURVIVAL:		022 % [060] -

I really enjoy writing these AARs, but they take A LOT of time and I'm itching to play more with this squad, so I'm going to skip a few battle reports before I do another write up. I'll make notes of any big changes or events. Hopefully it will not be a whole new crew by the time I return.[:D]
Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (225.71 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Sleeping_Dragon

What things will come...

An update on how the Hard Corps are coming along:

5th Battle:
------------------------------------
Polar Terrain
vs. a Mangler (shields agian) and a Club
Kali still having trouble landing jumps
Victory!
Salvaged the Club
Rocky promoted to Green

6th Battlle:
------------------------------------
Polar Terrain
1st Battle where the opponents are Green... thx Rocky
vs. a Club, Fang, and, an Enigma
Victory!
Salvaged the Enigma

7th Battle
---------------------------------------
Biochem terrain
vs. Sparrowhawk and Guru; scary battle!
Kali makes her 1st ever landing after a jump!
Victory!
Salvaged the Sparrowhawk! Sweet!
Rock upgrades to the Sparrowhawk. He'll miss the scanner5 of the Dagger but the Sparrowhawk simply rocks.

8th Battle
-----------------------------------
Polar terrain (lots of Polar)
vs a Headhunter (here come the heavies)
Victory!
Actually a pretty easy battle, but was 1st battle truely 'on the move' thanks to the Sparrowhawk; it excels at a running battle
Lucky Lucy gets in her 1st 'real' toe-to-toe combat, she'd been sorta hesitant up till now

9th Battle
--------------------------------------
Terran Terrain
vs. Phobos and a Rogue
Victory!
Another pretty easy win; but the NB had me worried for a while and had to move squadmembers around on the battlefield to deal with it (Cyborgs up front) [:D]
Lucky Lucy promoted to Green

Overall, no real nailbiters other then Battle #7. I've been lucky with the random terrain with lots of Polar and no more Core. I've never really played the Sparrowhawk other then some playtesting, but I know to fear it when I see the AI has one. Rocky is loving it; excellent titan with great firepower and heat reduction.

Here's how the squad is looking at this point. Kali and Rocky have both maxed out their 'usable' weapons skills and are now saving combat DPs for what ever titan I may salvage in the future. Have also gotten close to the point where I'd like to start increasing some other skills for Rocky and Lucky Lucy, things like survival (now that I got Rocky's Medical and Lucy's hitpoints up to a point where I hope they will not bleed to death) and bussniess to save on my upkeep (this hasn't been a problem, yet, but would like to nip it in the bud). If things keep going this well, I'll probably add a 4th jock in a couple of battles, I'm sorta waiting to see if I recover anymore nonenergy-based titans (although I've got an Enigma just itching for a pilot). Maybe when my 1st jock gets close to the next level. I sorta want a GM jock so I can use his/her/it's high Int to also be a back up for the Manager/Leader role. My main concern now is that 'I'm due', I've been fairly lucky so far, but it can't be long till a get a big 'ol bloody defeat handed out to me... I'm just not that good to keep avoiding it! On the other hand, none of the Hard Corps have a single kill yet.. is that a bad thing or a good thing[;)]

Salary:		6460 $ / month
 Battles:	09 [Wins/Losses: 09/00]
 Hit ratio:	33 %
 XP:		6808 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 035 / Other: 000
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 34%

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		062 % [065]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		020 % [051] -
 ASSAULT:		009 % [051] ---
 JUMP:			043 % [065]
 SCOUTING:		018 % [048] --

CLOSE COMBAT:		051 % [051]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		004 % [065] ---
 CANNON:			028 % [065] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		065 % [065]

EL. WARFARE:		013 % [051] --
 DEFENSIVE:		041 % [061]
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [058] -
 LEADERSHIP:		042 % [055]
 MEDICAL:		028 % [058] -

Salary:		9248 $ / month
 Titan:		Sparrowhawk [70.0 t]
 Battles:	09 [Wins/Losses: 09/00]
 XP:		7770 / 12800
 DP:		Pilot: 003 / Combat: 056 / Other: 001
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 10%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		12

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		008 % [050] ---
 ASSAULT:		014 % [050] --
 JUMP:			022 % [061] -
 SCOUTING:		036 % [050] 

GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [055] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [061] --
 CANNON:			026 % [063] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [050] -

EL. WARFARE:		013 % [055] --
 SCANNER:		052 % [055]
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [060] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		060 % [060]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [053] --
 MEDICAL:		030 % [060] 

Salary:		9114 $ / month
 Battles:	06 [Wins/Losses: 06/00]
 Hit ratio:	67 %
 XP:		3804 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 002 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		046 % [050]
 JUMP:			046 % [050]
 SCOUTING:		038 % [061] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		063 % [066]
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		010 % [050] --
 CANNON:			024 % [055] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		035 % [055] 

EL. WARFARE:		052 % [053]
 SCANNER:		046 % [046]
 SURVIVAL:		022 % [063] -

Sleeping_Dragon

A Day in the Valley

So, the Hard Corps are ready for battle#10.

Leader/Manager: Kali in a Dragonfly
Mechanic: Rocky in a Sparrowhawk
Squadmate: Lucky Lucy in a Wolfpack

The Hard Corps must be geting a good reputation for handling cold situations due to all the Polar enviroment battles they've had to face; battle #10 puts them back in the snow and ice. The 1st glance at the battle field reveils rolling hills with 2 short ridges running east-west in the center of the battle area. The Hard Corps start on the western edge of the map and plan to move across the open ground to the western edge of the twin ridges. Lucky Lucy jumps up to scout and can see the northeastern portion of the map, but no enemy titans. A little further to the south Kali does the same hoping to see into areas that Lucky Lucy can't. Kali manages to spot a unknown heavy toward the far southeast. She also notices that the northernmost of the twin ridges isn't actually continious, but has a gap in the middle. The Hard Corps decides to head forsome cover in some pines between the two ridges and await the approach of the heavy. Lucky Lucy lands on her feet; while true to form, Kali lands flat on her back.. no major damage just some to the CBT which the enemy will not be shooting at anyway. The enemy titan is now well out of LOS. The squad gets in position with Kali and Rocky croaching in the pines, while Lucky Lucy has move a little further ahead so she can intercept the incoming titan and get into HtH combat faster. Winning a battle agianst a single heavy will be pretty easy since superior numbers are generally better (a team of smaller titans have a much better combined heat dissappation and resulting firepower then a single larger titan). However, a single larger titan can put a lot of damage into a single target that isn't anywhere as well armored as itself and take out a smaller opponent very quickly. So basically I'm thinking I have an advantage, but I run a higher chance of losing at least 1 titan and possibly that titan's jock... trade-offs.

Anyway, the squad is in position and the squad starts getting worried as the enemy hasn't shown up yet, there has been enough time to pass for it to arrive in LOS. Maybe it stopped and is waiting in ambush? It's a Bad Omen; no really, it's a Bad Omen and it's snuck around the southern ridge and flanked me! Crap!

The Bad Omen turns as the Hard Corps is struggling to gain thier feet and adjust to the enemy's unexpected location. The Bad Omen open ups with a full volley and misses with everything, except a PC, which so conveniently lands dead center of Kali's already damaged CBT. CBT destroyed! ACK! CRASH! If the Bad Omen keeps target lock on Kali she'll have to eject.. The Bad Omen has a NB and Kali is a replicant.. bad combination! Rocky and Lucky Lucy start running toward the Bad Omen determined to get it's attention.

The Bad Omen holds it's ground at 3 hex range and keeps firing at Kali.. NB... Kali takes 19hps and is stunned...GRRRR. Rocky is blaring away with his PLs only to have a couple hit. With Kali being stunned I really don't want to eject now.

Bzzzz... NB.. Kali takes 17hps more and some damage to her Dragonfly.

She's finally figured out she can try to break LOS with the Bad Omen by firing at the hex in front of it and hoping her LL will create a steam cloud. 1st shot, no effect and her 'to-hit' isn't that good considering she's firing at open ground! Rocky and Lucy are both within a hex or two of the Bad Omen and inside it's PG's minimum range. The Bad Omen starts to withdrawl by walking backwards. Rocky gets in a couple more hits with his PLs

Bzzz NB... Kali isn't effected! Whew! but the damage from the other weapons is starting to eat thru her titan's armor. Her second attemp at blocking LOS with her LL works! a steam cloud forms in between her and the Bad Omen breaking LOS. She can rest now and try to heal. The steam cloud also breaks Rocky's LOS but he moves forward and back into LOS within a few seconds.

Lucky Lucy manages to get to the Bad Omen well before it can withdrawl off the ridge it's on. She attempts a charge and hits! both titans crash to the ground. Rocky takes advantage of the downed titan and gets in some solid hits after reaquiring a target lock on it, those PLs have to be start adding up. Lucky Lucy stands and misses with her CS but hits with the FT. The Bad Omen almost makes it to it's feet but fails it's stand check. Lucy feels lucky. Rocky has croached at a range of one hex and opens up with a seemingly endless barrage of PL shots at 84% to hit. I have no idea if the PL hits are starting to wear down the armor on the Bad Omen as no one has even a yellow scan.

Lucky Lucy gets in some good hits, including a CS to the LoT of the Bad Omen. The Bad Omen still manages to stand and unleash it's full force on Lucky Lucy. Of all the weapons it fired at Lucky Lucy only the NB hits and it has no effect!

The Bad Omen stats running toward the croached Sparrowhawk but still takes a few shots a Lucy, several actually hit. Rocky stands incase the Bad Omen makes it to his hex. Lucy gets another hit with the CS in the Bad Omen's LoT and another in the CT. Those hits along with all the PL hits from Rocky have got to be adding up.

The Bad Omen's jock ejects! VICTORY! The Bad Omen falls and it's CT is destroyed in the fall.. opps.. that could have been very bad!

The Hard Corps bring in $166,028, but didn't get a change to salvage the titan. Repairs only run $12,805 and the squad now has over a million in the bank! Not alot of xps this combat, but the Hard Corps live to fight another day.

DP's after battle#10 (Kali and Rocky are saving CDPs)

DP:		Pilot: 005 / Combat: 038 / Other: 003

DP:		Pilot: 008 / Combat: 070 / Other: 004

DP:		Pilot: 051 / Combat: 011 / Other: 010
Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (164.45 KiB) Viewed 288 times

LarkinVB

RE: A Day in the Valley

Post by LarkinVB »

Seems you are lucky that the Bad Omen had no shield !
Sleeping_Dragon

ORIGINAL: LarkinVB

Seems you are lucky that the Bad Omen had no shield !

That would have been bad... very very bad [:)] I really need another non-energy titan in the mix very soon.

Although, in battle #8 vs the Headhunter I kept getting extremely lucky and everytime the Headhunter's shield1 would come back up, I'd overload it with the next salvo. Shield1 I can still get some type of reasonable shot agianst if I'm not moving, I'd hate to run up agianst a shield3+

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks for the AARs; it's good to watch how another team grows. The pattern of random arenas is odd; I'm getting far more Terrans than I was expecting, in my series. Let's see you fighting your way through some Core battles!
Sleeping_Dragon

The Core of the Matter

Battle #11

Core Terrain
Leader/Manager: Kali in a Dragonfly
Mechanic: Rocky in a Sparrowhawk
Squadmate: Lucky Lucy in a Wolfpack

Looks like the Hard Corps got tired of the cold weather and headed back to a warmer climate. They enter the battlefield in the Northeastern corner and immediately see a lava river seperating them from the rest of the surrounding area. The terrian is small steep hills with good scattered cover. The Hard Corps can't see a lot of the area so Kali jumps up to take a look around; she still can't see much. The squad decides that in the heat it's better for the enemy to come to them and Kali and Rocky take up a position on top of a high hill in heavy cover. If the enemy wants to attack they'll have to cross that lava. Lucky Lucy heads off to the South where a high ridge of hills is blocking LOS to the rest of the map; she wants to get a look and see what's headed our way.

Kali and Rocky, from there high vantage point, spot a unknown recon jumping over the lava river far to the South. Lucky Lucy decides to stop tring to scout and takes up a position behind the ridge she was headed toward and plans to ambush any titans that come around the hill. A second titan, a light, is spotted foarding the lava where the recon has just flown over, the Hard Corps hopes it burns it's legs. These 2 titans apparently make it across the lava and move out of LOS. A 3rd titan, another recon, jumps up and follows after the other two; but from thier timing it looks like they are pretty speard out. Now if they only stay that way.

The Hard Corps isn't sure which way the enemy is going to approach, but make every effort not to be attacked from the rear agian. It isn't long until a Stingray moves around the Eastern edge of the high ridge that Lucky Lucy is hiding behind and right into Kali's and Rocky's LOS. It fires it's PG at Kali hitting her in the left leg and sending her to the ground before she even has a chance to fire. The Stingray pulls up at a 4 hex range and waits on it's PG to recycle which Rocky gets a change to open up on it. Lucky Lucy starts heading toward it determined to get into some HtH.

Kali gets up into a croach and along with Rocky begin pounding away at the Stingray. Lucky Lucy get a succesful scan as she approaches and the Stingray decides it's better to move then stand there and take a beating. Lucky Lucy beats the Stingray to hex where it's moving into and waits on the enemy to arrive. The Stingray makes it to the next hex only to be greeted by a PL shot from Rocky that takes off an arm and a kick from Lucky Lucy that takes off a leg. The Hard Corps know the rest of the enemy titans can't be too far behind. Lucky Lucy moves out of the hex with the crippled Stingray just incase it gets too warm and the Stingray's jock has the same idea and ejects.

Just then a Prowler takes to the air jumping to the Northeast over where the Stingray 1st appeared only to be followed on the ground a second later by a Viper. Lucky Lucy is right there at both of them. she's gotta move.

The Viper opens up on Lucky Lucy, but luckily misses. Rocky and Kali open up on the Viper with a lot of misses. The Prowler just keeps jumping toward the Northeast... where's it going? Lucky Lucy turns around and heads back toward the Viper while Rocky and Kali pound away at it with their lasers finally getting a few hits. Lucy makes it to the Viper's hex and opens up with a FT and CS hit that send the Viper to the ground, she waits 3 seconds then punchs it sending it back to the ground as it was trying to stand. Kali and Rocky never let up, although Rocky can only conitiously fire 2 of his PLs in this heat while Kali simply starts heating up. The Prowler moves further to the Northeast and finally lands and starts off toward Kali's and Rocky's position. It should take it a while to get to them.

The Viper manages to stand and lands a HMG in Lucky Lucy's left leg damaging the actuators only to have Lucy return the favor with a left punch that takes out the Viper's LoT. A scan from Kali, who took a break from overheating to scan, is successful and reveals a red CT on the Viper. Everyone stops shooting at it and swithes target to the Prowler. The squad will take a couple of stray shots from downed Viper's PLs, but they're not going to try to finish it off till Lucy is out of that hex... just in case.

Rocky's PLs have been working great and he really likes his new titan. He likes it so much he trips the Prowler with a PL hit and before the Prowler can even stand he takes off one of it's arms sending it back to the ground, just as Lucky Lucy enters the Prowler's hex. Lucy ges in some shots, then it's all Rocky; PL takes out RT, Prowler back on the ground; PL takes out LT, Prowler back on the ground; PL takes out left leg, Prowler on the ground for good. We leave it laying and the jock gets the idea and ejects. The Viper in the mean while has been laying on the ground taking pot shots. The whole Hard Corps squad takes aim on it and it's jock quickly gets the message and ejects.

VICTORY!

The Hard Corps manage to salvage the Viper! as well as bring home $101,942 in cash.
Repairs come to $53,475 most of which went into repairing the Viper. Kali can't wait to try out her new ride! It even has a scaner5 and she gladly spends all the CDPs she's been saving to increase her cannon skill.

The Hard Corp after battle#11:

Salary:		6840 $ / month
 Titan:		Viper [70.0 t]
 Battles:	11 [Wins/Losses: 11/00]
 Hit ratio:	32 %
 XP:		7545 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 007 / Combat: 004 / Other: 001
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 34%

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		062 % [065]
 JUMP:			044 % [065]
 SCOUTING:		018 % [048] --

CANNON:			040 % [065]

EL. WARFARE:		015 % [051] --
 SCANNER:		043 % [051]
 DEFENSIVE:		041 % [061]
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [058] -
 LEADERSHIP:		042 % [055]
 MEDICAL:		028 % [058] -

Salary:		9792 $ / month
 Battles:	11 [Wins/Losses: 11/00]
 XP:		8777 / 12800
 DP:		Pilot: 005 / Combat: 105 / Other: 001

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		12

Skills:
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		008 % [050] ---
 ASSAULT:		014 % [050] --
 JUMP:			022 % [061] -
 SCOUTING:		038 % [050] 

GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [055] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [061] --
 CANNON:			026 % [063] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [050] -

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [055] --
 SCANNER:		052 % [055]
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [060] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		060 % [060]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [046] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [053] --
 MEDICAL:		030 % [060] 

Salary:		9702 $ / month
 Battles:	08 [Wins/Losses: 08/00]
 Hit ratio:	63 %
 XP:		6011 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 002 / Other: 000

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		050 % [050]
 JUMP:			050 % [050]
 SCOUTING:		046 % [061]

CLOSE COMBAT:		065 % [066]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		035 % [055] 

EL. WARFARE:		053 % [053]
 SURVIVAL:		033 % [063] 

Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (184.95 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Sleeping_Dragon

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping...

A quick rundown of the last few battles

Battle #12
Terrian: Terran
Leader/Manager: Kali on a Viper
Mechanic: Rocky on a Sparrowhawk
Squadmate: Lucky Lucy on a Wolfpack

Enemy titans: Ghost, Savage, Duelist

Really wish I'd kept notes on this one! It was a blast and was the closest fight yet, actually very close to being a defeat.

Kali gets the Hard Corps 1st ever recorded kill (finally!), when she blows the CT out of the Duelist and explodes it's engine

Rocky... BIG SCARE! went something like this.. Rocky is prone with a missing leg, his heat regulator is destroyed, the heavy woods he's laying in just caught on fire, and the battle is no where close to being over. He has to eject from his downed titan into a forest fire... I'm thinking more along the lines of "Will Lucky Lucy be the new mechanic or will the replacement jock?"

Rocky ejects.. a whooping 2% chance of success... not going to happen, maybe he'll roll low and not take a lot of damage..

Rocky rolls a 94..

Lucky Lucy don't want to get her hands dirty the new jock will be the mechanic....Grrrr

"Rocky takes 92 damage, HEALTH IS LOW"

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Some days it's good to be a Cyborg!

Constitution to the rescue, that would have splattered my other 2 jocks all over the forest.
WHEW!

Anyway, VICTORY in the end and salvaged the Ghost
---------------------------------

13th Battle:

Terrian: Biochem
Enemy titans: Mosquito, Leopard, Exhuminator

Fairly easy VICTORY, salvage the Exhuminator

14th Battle:

Terrian: Core
Enemy titans: Lancer, Prowler, Thor, and Firefly

Lucky Lucy had to eject this battle... stupid Prowler and Firefly. But she lives to fight another day. Very ugly battle overall, but another VICTORY!

Salvaged the Thor, Sold off my 1st titan from inventory, the Dagger

Kali plans to ride the Thor into battle next go'round. Viper was OK, but she had control/heat problems with the twin PLs....

"It's recycled... What you mean I shouldn't fire it?!?...."

"But Rocky is firing all his PLs!"

"Core...Smore!!!"

BBBBZZZZZzzzzz.....

"Heat level: RED!"[X(]

"Bhah!"

Wait on recycle: next weapon

[:-] [:D]

Sleeping_Dragon

Savannahs Do Exist in the Future

15th Battle:

Terrain: Savannah (was starting to worry, 15 battles and this is the 1st savannah)

Leader/Manager: Kali on a Thor

THe Hard Corps gets their first look at a savannah! They eneter the field of battle in the middle-east portion of the map near a large grove of light trees. Overall the landscape is fairly flat all the way to the middle of the map which is dominated by a steep mountian. The squad isn't sure which way it wants to move; hide in the light trees or move toward the mountian. Lucky Lucy jumps up to do some recon of the area and immediately spots a light titan in the far northeastern portion of the map. She also spots a long east-west ridge just to the north of the steep mountian in the middle of the map. The ridge has some heavy cover and if the squad can make it there, there's is a large area of quicksand at it's northern base that the enemy would have to cross or go around to get in close. The squad takes off running for the ridge, hoping to beat the enemy to the location.

Things start off a little iffy, when Lucky Lucy has trouble landing from her scouting jump and then falls agian while standing. But the Hard Corps manage to take up poistion on the ridge with Rocky crouched in heavy cover 1 hex infront of Kali. The Thor is finally allowing Kali to stay back a little further (protecting her laeder/manager status). Lucky Lucy finally recovers from her lapse of footing and is moving behind the ridge out of possible enemy LOS to get in close once the fighting starts. The light comes into LOS, it's a Tempest. Kali draws 1st blood with a nice long-range PG shot. A Gremlin appears very close to the Tempest and both are closing ground at a run. From Kali's vantage point she see briefly spots a Zombie... IT's going to be BRG fever out here shortly.

Rocky and Kali keep firing away at the Tempest, with little success, and Lucky Lucy gets a lock on the Gremlin through a scanner link. The Gremlin has moved away fron it's squatmates and is looking for a way to close, while the two BRG titans move toward some light cover.

Lucy Lucy moves out from behind the ridge hoping to go HtH with the Gremlin, but it isn't long before both the Zombie and Tempest are turning toward her also. Lucky Lucy pushes ahead and manages to charge the Gremlin, knocking them both down. Lucky Lucy hopes to regain her footing first, but both the Gremlin and Lucy's Wolfpack fail their 1st stand check. The Zombie and Tempest start shooting at Lucky Lucy... standing could be a problem at this point... Kali and Rocky are still concentrating fire on the Tempest, but it's not having a lot of apparent effect. That Tempest really needs to atleast fall. The Tempest ignores the incoming fire and is now getting closer to Lucky Lucy and manages to move out of LOS for Rocky's Sparrowhawk. The Gremlin and Wolfpack are going at it hard and heavy by now, but with no support on the Tempest avaiable from Rocky she starting to think about moving. The destruction of her right torso seals the deal and after a finally FT shot on the Gremlin, Lucy takes off running.

Rocky has retargeted to the Zombie, it stops and holds ground for a while getting a few shots off in Lucy's direction, a couple hit, but no pilioting checks are required from Lucky lucy...whew. Once the Zombie was standing still, Rocky took full advanatge and laid into it with good to-hit's with his PLs. All the enemy titans then start chasing after Lucky Lucy's running Wolfpack. Lucy is going to act as bait for a while as Kali and Rocky shoot the enemy from a distance. (This isn't a tactic I normally use a lot, but with this squad it's been fairly common)

Lucy makes it behind some hills behind the enemy lines and breaks LOS.. that was close I didn't have high hopes she could make it! The enemy starts turning back toward Kali and Rocky when Kali finally gets the Tempest to fall the resulting fall damage takes off one of it's legs; one down.

The Zombie is trying to dodge the incoming fire, but has managed to falll twice as a result. Good thing, the squad isn't having a lot of success hitting it while it's dodging. The Gremlin in the meantime has made it up onto the ridge with Kali and Rocky. Rocky moves back into the same hex with Kali to buy some time as the Gremlin closes on top of the ridgeline. Rocky and Kali switch to firing at the Gremlin as it closes. The Gremlin stops one hex away from Kali and Rocky and starts blaring away with it's GMEs. Rocky manages to set the Gremlin's hex on fire with a missed PL shot. The Gremlin starts closing for some HtH. Right before the Gremlin enters HtH, Kali takes off one of it's arms with an AC7 shot, the Gremlin falls and loses it's LoT. 2 down

Kali and Rocky need to move, the fire in the hex beside them is likely to spread in thier direction due to strong winds and a favorable wind direction and also need to move away from the Gremlin laying in the blaze, just in case... The Zombie in the meanwhile has been rather confused, catching a quick glimpse of Lucky Lucy once or twice it starts after her only to lose LOS and head back toward Kali and Rocky. It finally gets a good LOS on Lucky Lucy, but can't keep up with her as she puts even more distance between them. Unfortuanately the Zombie is now out of LOS for Kali and Rocky in their new position 2 hexes away from the burning Gremlin.... The Gremlin explodes! Glad Kali and Rocky moved, but the squad was really hoping for a GM titan for a new jock.

Lucky Lucy leads the Zombie back into Rocky and Kali's LOS, who get some scans off on it, then open up. A PG from Kali finally trips it. The recycle of the PG takes out the Zombie's LT, a PL from Rocky takes off it's LA, and another PL downs the Zombie for good by removing a leg. 3 down.. and VICTORY!

Both Kali and Rocky get promoted to NOVICE! The squad didn't recover any salvagable titans but did come away with $108,257 not including repairs. The repair bill will be high, since Lucky Lucy's Wolfpack has been badly mauled and the Hard Corps plan to repair the Enigma in their inventory for a new squadmate.

Here's how the squad looks after DPs have been alloted, whenever Rocky wants a new weapon skill he'll have plenty of DPs to put into it! I spent most of the Novice DPs to increase intellegence in order to increase the max number of skills, planning ahead for the addition of medium/heavy pilioting.

Salary:		10165 $ / month
 Titan:		Thor [70.0 t]
 Battles:	15 [Wins/Losses: 15/00]
 Hit ratio:	37 %
 Kills:		2
 XP:		12291 / 23400
 DP:		Pilot: 002 / Combat: 007 / Other: 001
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 46%

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		13

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		065 % [065]
 JUMP:			046 % [065]
 SCOUTING:		020 % [051] -

GUIDED MSL.:		004 % [058] ---
 CANNON:			062 % [065]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		001 % [051] ---

EL. WARFARE:		016 % [058] --
 SCANNER:		043 % [058]
 DEFENSIVE:		049 % [065]
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [065] -
 LEADERSHIP:		055 % [058]
 BUSINESS:		055 % [061]
 MEDICAL:		028 % [065] -

Salary:		14280 $ / month
 Battles:	15 [Wins/Losses: 15/00]
 Hit ratio:	41 %
 XP:		13572 / 25200
 DP:		Pilot: 005 / Combat: 215 / Other: 001

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		061 % [065]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		008 % [051] ---
 ASSAULT:		014 % [051] --
 JUMP:			022 % [065] -
 SCOUTING:		050 % [051]

GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [058] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [065] --
 CANNON:			026 % [065] -
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [051] -

EL. WARFARE:		023 % [058] -
 SCANNER:		055 % [058]
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [065] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		060 % [065]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [048] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [056] --
 SURVIVAL:		034 % [051] 
 MEDICAL:		030 % [065] 

Salary:		10878 $ / month
 Battles:	12 [Wins/Losses: 12/00]
 Hit ratio:	65 %
 XP:		10515 / 11600
 DP:		Pilot: 034 / Combat: 014 / Other: 015

Attributes:

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		050 % [050]
 JUMP:			050 % [050]
 SCOUTING:		061 % [061]

CLOSE COMBAT:		065 % [066]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		043 % [055]

EL. WARFARE:		053 % [053]
 SURVIVAL:		053 % [063]

Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (273.82 KiB) Viewed 290 times

Sleeping_Dragon

Growing Pains

After putting this off hoping that the Hard Corps could recover a GME titan, the squad was finally forced into hiring a new jock. Why forced? Well, Kali and Rocky just got promoted to Novice, that bumped the squad's rank as a whole up to novice and as a result the enemy's rank. The Hard Corp don't want to fight novice enemies just quite yet! By hiring a new rookie, the squad's rank will stay green, at least until Lucky Lucy also makes Novice in a couple of battles.

With no GM titan in inventory, the Hard Corps decided to go with another UGM/Cannon jock. Sandwoman's SRMs were very valuable until that dark day. I went with cannons as a secondary weapon since I already have enough jocks qualified in energy weapons and shields will become more abundant from here on out, assuming no sudden major death tolls.

I went with a Male Replicant D. The Con bonus for male for some extra hit points and the Replicant D for a better max skill in UGM and Cannons. I got some nice stats on the original roll, a 14 Dex, recon/light pilioting 35%, Energy Weapons 41%! (why couldn't this be in cannons?), Scanner 35%, Damage Control 38%, and a whopping 43% in Survivial!. With that said meet Roy Batty, the 5th member to hold a position on Hard corps and the 1st to piliot an Enigma.

Jock:		Roy Batty aka Blade

Race:		REPLICANT D [MALE]
 Salary:		3300 $ / month
 Titan:		Enigma [40.0 t]
 DP:		Pilot: 000 / Combat: 000 / Other: 003

Attributes:
 INTELLIGENCE:		08
 NEURAL SENSE:		08
 INSTINCT:		11
 DEXTERITY:		15

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		068 % [068]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		019 % [051] --
 ASSAULT:		015 % [051] --
 JUMP:			035 % [068] 
 SCOUTING:		034 % [050] 

CLOSE COMBAT:		017 % [055] --
 GUIDED MSL.:		017 % [045] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		063 % [068]
 CANNON:			034 % [061] 
 ENERGY WEAPON:		041 % [061]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		016 % [050] --

EL. WARFARE:		012 % [045] --
 SCANNER:		040 % [040]
 DEFENSIVE:		062 % [063]
 DMG. CONTROL:		038 % [051] 
 LEADERSHIP:		003 % [046] ---
 BUSINESS:		018 % [043] --
 SURVIVAL:		043 % [058]
 MEDICAL:		010 % [051] --

(Let's hope Roy has a longer life span then his namesake, there's bound to be a couple other quality Sci-fi buffs out there[:)])

LarkinVB

RE: Growing Pains

Post by LarkinVB »

No AAR for a week. Whats up with the Hard Corpse [:D] ?
Sleeping_Dragon

RE: Growing Pains

Busy week at work and alot of 'TOS time' working on the medium UGM titans for my database. I did squeeze in one battle with the Hard Corps, which I really wish I'd kept good notes on.. was one of the best fights so far!... now that it's the weekend expect an update soon[:)]

Sleeping_Dragon

Things get Harder...

Time to catch everyone up on the exploits of the Hard Corps.[:)]

16th Battle:

Leader/Manager: Kali on a Thor
Squadmate: Blade on an Enigma

Terrian: Savannah

Opponents: Leopard , Locust, Tantrum, 2xPack Hunter

Best/closest fight yet. Extremely close and nasty, at different points within the game 3 of my jocks started moving toward the map edges to flee but turned around after changes in the battle situation. Lots of spread out fighting and lots of running battles. In the end all of my titans made it through, but they ALL were missing at least 1 location! Blade got a kill vs. one of the Pack Hunters in his very 1st battle, greatly impressing the rest of the squad. VICTORY! Lucky Lucy got promoted to NOVICE, I'd figured this one have taken at least 2 battles but everyone made out like bandits with the xps in this white-knuckle brawl. After repairs I ended up losing money even after selling off a Viper in storage.. a first for the squad.

17th Battle:

1st combat vs. a Novice ranked enemy.

Terrian: Biochem with an acid river

Opponents: Iceord, Gremlin, Banzai, Shadow, Rogue

A gray day for the Hard Corps. Lucy's luck didn't show up for the battle. She lost her life in a botched ejection attempt after being mauled by the Icelord. A kick to the head a couple of seconds before the ejection completed dealt enough damage to Lucy that the shock from the botched ejection was enough to end her life. A gray day indeed[:(] It goes into the records as a victory with a salvaged Shadow, but the Hard Corps knows better.

18th Battle:

Kali on a Thor
Rocky on a Sparrowhawk
Blade on an Enigma

Terrian: Savannah... took 15 battle to encounter the Savannah now there's been 3 in the last 4 battles[X(]

Hard Corps' rank gets lowered back to Green with the lose of Lucy as does the enemies.

Opponents: Leopard, Pike, Banzai, Deimos

Another nasty fight. If it wasn't for a patch of trees blocking LOS with the Pike at the time I'd have accepted the Draw that was offered. Due to a little 'hide-and-go-seek' the Hard Corps racks up another VICTORY, but not before a major scare with another botched ejection attempt.. Rocky was overheard saying "CYBORGS RULE!" after walking away from the tangled mass of metal and wire that ejected him from his Sparrowhawk.

Kali gets creadit for a kill on the Banzai and Blade gets a much deserved promotion to GREEN. The squad's rank is back to Novice.

19th Battle:

Terrian: Core

Opponents: Fire Drake and Imp, back to NOVICE rank

I was sweating this one big time when I saw what the enemy titans were. The version of the Fire Drake is the 'new' one I'd been working on for the extended database, lots of NMs and a FT... in Core. oh yeah, the other guy has twin TBs. The Fire Drake managed to keep Kali in the deep red most of the battle, but missed enough that she didn't shutdown. The 1st couple TBs missed and lets face it, in Core your only going to get a couple TB shots off. Ended up being a fairly easy VICTORY, but things could have very easily gone horribly wrong. Blade gets his second kill vs, the Fire Drake by taking out it's engine in the LoT at 1 hex range, luckily it didn't blow. Salvaged the Imp.

Some hard choices to make as to what titans to piliot now. Kali likes the Thor since she can stay back a bit, but is looking at the Ghost which has shields or possibly she'd feel forced to take the Sparrowhawk if Rocky desides to pilot the Imp. Rocky is itching to try out the Imp, but decides agianst it as that would leave Kali in the short range Sparrowhawk. Thoughts turn toward a possiblity of recuiting another jock with energy-based combat skills. The squad desides to wait a while and see what turns up....

20th Battle:

Terrian: Biochem

Opponents: Highlander and a Leopard (Someone must have had a big sale on Leopards, I've seen a bunch of them in the last couple of battles)

Great terrian advantage on my part, Easy VICTORY!

Salvaged the Leopard and sold off the Shadow from inventory.

The NOVICE ranked battles (excluding the last one) have been much more difficult then the earlier ones. I can tell the AI's jocks are starting to act differently. They are more likely to stand back and fire then charge headlong into the fray, probably since they now have good enough to-hits that they can do that. Also seeing more common use of dodging. When the AI gets the number advantage (ie. lots of recons), the fighting turns messy in a hurry, those quick little bastards are hard to hit when they dodge.. Next battle I'll take full notes, until then here's the Hard Corps current stats:

Salary:		10738 $ / month
 Titan:		Thor [70.0 t]
 Battles:	20 [Wins/Losses: 20/00]
 Hit ratio:	41 %
 Kills:		3
 XP:		19969 / 23400
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 001 / Other: 001
 Leader:		Recruit rookie mod 48%
 Manager:	Purchase markup 11%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		14
 INSTINCT:		10
 CONSTITUTION:		11		HP: 99

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		066 % [066]
 JUMP:			059 % [066]
 SCOUTING:		028 % [055] -

CLOSE COMBAT:		054 % [056]
 GUIDED MSL.:		004 % [060] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		004 % [066] ---
 CANNON:			064 % [068]
 ENERGY WEAPON:		068 % [068]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		001 % [055] ---

EL. WARFARE:		017 % [060] --
 SCANNER:		043 % [058]
 DEFENSIVE:		050 % [065]
 DMG. CONTROL:		024 % [065] -
 LEADERSHIP:		057 % [058]
 BUSINESS:		059 % [061]
 SURVIVAL:		028 % [051] -
 MEDICAL:		028 % [065] -

Salary:		15640 $ / month
 Battles:	20 [Wins/Losses: 20/00]
 Hit ratio:	43 %
 XP:		19021 / 25200
 DP:		Pilot: 001 / Combat: 276 / Other: 000
 Mechanic:	Repair markup 05%

Attributes:
 REACTION:		14

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		062 % [066]
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		015 % [051] --
 ASSAULT:		014 % [051] --
 JUMP:			022 % [066] -
 SCOUTING:		050 % [051]

CLOSE COMBAT:		053 % [053]
 GUIDED MSL.:		008 % [058] ---
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		016 % [066] --
 CANNON:			026 % [068] -
 ENERGY WEAPON:		068 % [068]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		020 % [051] -

EL. WARFARE:		025 % [058] -
 SCANNER:		057 % [058]
 DEFENSIVE:		017 % [065] --
 DMG. CONTROL:		065 % [065]
 LEADERSHIP:		010 % [048] --
 BUSINESS:		014 % [056] --
 SURVIVAL:		034 % [051] 
 MEDICAL:		030 % [065] 

Jock:		Roy Batty aka Blade

Race:		REPLICANT D [MALE]
 Height:		209 cm
 Salary:		8184 $ / month
 Titan:		Enigma [40.0 t]
 Battles:	05 [Wins/Losses: 05/00]
 Hit ratio:	35 %
 Kills:		2
 XP:		5739 / 12000
 DP:		Pilot: 004 / Combat: 002 / Other: 000

Attributes:
 INSTINCT:		11
 DEXTERITY:		16

Skills:
 RECON/LIGHT:		070 % [071] +
 MEDIUM/HEAVY:		019 % [056] --
 ASSAULT:		015 % [056] --
 JUMP:			035 % [071] 
 SCOUTING:		049 % [051]

CLOSE COMBAT:		032 % [055] 
 GUIDED MSL.:		017 % [048] --
 UNGUIDED MSL.:		067 % [071]
 CANNON:			035 % [063] 
 ENERGY WEAPON:		041 % [063]
 INDIRECT FIRE:		016 % [051] --

EL. WARFARE:		012 % [048] --
 SCANNER:		045 % [045]
 DEFENSIVE:		067 % [068]
 DMG. CONTROL:		038 % [056] 
 LEADERSHIP:		003 % [048] ---
 BUSINESS:		018 % [046] --
 SURVIVAL:		043 % [058]
 MEDICAL:		014 % [056] --

elmo3

RE: Things get Harder...

Post by elmo3 »

Thanks for the AAR's. Keep 'em coming.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

Return to “After Action Reports”