From the Latest Editor

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

jureidinim

From the Latest Editor

Post by jureidinim »

I know Larkin has been busy with the DOWPRO mod (fantastic mod), but hoping he (or any of the other editor-knowledgeable players) can just give me a quick answer here.

The editor version we used when the last patch was coming out, if i remember correctly, didn't have a way of setting events to occur during a period of time - ie. you had to set a specific activation time (in game seconds).
The editor released after that, seems to have a way of setting an event to trigger between a start and an end time - but i can't seem to get that to work. If i set such an event (say between 50 - 100 secs), the game ignores the event completely. It works fine if the start and end times are the same (basically the way it was before).

My question is - am i rusty, or was this feature just added to the latest editor and not coded in the game engine?

Been getting ideas for missions/campaigns again and was dusting off the editor. [:)]

Thanks for any help..
Aensland

RE: From the Latest Editor

Post by Aensland »

Name looks familiar... are you the dude who contributed some campaign maps? [:)]
Ab Clades, Malevolentia; Ab Victoria, Ultio
( " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! " )
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Guilty as charged .. [;)]

I did the Rebel Hunter and Hold Out campaigns for the last patch - I hope you enjoyed them? heh heh

Was getting the itch to design some more so was looking at the editor again.

Aensland

Post by Aensland »

Yeah, I liked those campaigns :)

Almost all of the campaigns are fun, but the Android Rebellion maps were a tad uninspired although the story was quite interesting. Haven't played the last one yet (Vosslers Gambit), need to build up my 4 new recruits.
Ab Clades, Malevolentia; Ab Victoria, Ultio
( " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! " )
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Hi !

I'm rusty too so I don't remember this feature. I know about time triggered events which are repeated after a certain time. You have to set start time, interval and number of repetitions. Isn't this the same if you set start to 50, interval to 1 and charges to 50 ? Just guessing as I didn't look at the code for more than two years. What's your editor version ?
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Hi Larkin!
I'm at work now - so I can't give the editor version.. but... It was the very, very, very last one Christian released to us AFTER the last patch you did.

**EDIT ---> EDITOR VERSION IS 7.5.0 ****

I had also emailed Christian about this, and he said he added this feature in the last version of the editor, so it is possible it was never coded into the latest patch - which is what i'm asking verification on from you [:)]

Basically, the designer would set a time frame in which the event should happen. You can also set repitition if you want. I would guess that what *should* happen is that the battle code would randomly choose an ACTUAL time for the event - chosen between the start and end times set in the editor.

So right now, you can set in the editor fro an event:
START AFTER: 50 secs
BUT BEFORE: 600 secs
... and then I guess the battle code should randomly pick an ACTUAL time - example 310.

This is a cool feature as it makes events a bit random and players can play the same missions over without ever *really* knowing when the events will trigger - adds a lot to replayability of the missions.

The way you described the event in your reply is the way i remembered it at the time,
so I suspect Christian did add this feature to the editor after you had released the final code (bummer...).

If so, I don't suppose we can talk you into doing a hotfix? heh heh
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

I see. Yes, Christian made some changes which never made it into a patch. The AI no go areas was one of them. He added that the map designer can choose the AI team but the battle module still just checks wether the flag is set or not and refuses access to all AI titans.

It is very unlikely that I will update the code [>:].
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

**** sets alarm clock to wake Larkin from his TOS slumber ***

heh heh

Thanks for the reply Larkin. I'll just ignore that *feature* of the editor in my maps.

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”