TOS: WS Network Setup - QUICK GUIDE

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

LarkinVB

TOS: WS Network Setup - QUICK GUIDE

Post by LarkinVB »

Here is some help to get TOS:WS network games going.

1. TOS:WS does not have a dedicated server. The player hosting the game is the server.

2. The port number is 42+version number in case you have to set up your router/firewall. That is port 42121 for the 1.2.1 freeware download and 42128 if you have patched it to v1.2.8. The port is also noted in the readme.txt files.

3. After selecting network game the screen does show one or maybe two IP addresses. These are the IP values of your computer. There can be two in case you have setup TCP/IP for your LAN (local area network) as well as your internet access.

4. Showing something like 192.168.X.Y is usually a local IP address for LAN usage, this range is reserved and will not show up on computers connected to the internet.

5. Here is a screenshot of my computer connected to the LAN as 1st IP (192.168.0.1) as well as the internet as 2nd IP (217.227.222.253). I entered an IP address under 'HOST IP' (212.234.12.10), this was the address my friend did provided to me. He would act as the host/server. Therefore I would select 'Join Game' as I want to join his game.

6. If I want to act as a host/server I have to give the clients (players which want to join me) my IP address. If I want play just local with my buddies (LAN) I give them them my first ip address (192.168.0.1). If I plan to play an internet game, I will give them the second ip (217.227.222.253). Since I want to host I can skip the entry under 'HOST IP'. Then I would select 'Create Game'.

7. All players should enter their name 'Player', this would show up afterwards as your jocks name in duels.

8. HOST IP and Player values can be entered in the CC under 'Options'. This will be saved and the default as soon as you start network games in the battle module.

9. If you have routing problems TOS is best played with hamachi. Download

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”