Factory issues

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Thorgrim

Factory issues

Post by Thorgrim »

Design
- CC weapons should also have their PU requirements listed in the weapons table
- Energy and CC weapons are being saved with 13 ammo in new designs and in rebuilds/refits; this is only seen when using tmerge though, and has no effect in the game
- when adding armor with Single Bodypart and with [1 slot], you should only get the "sorry, no more armor allowed" message if you try to add more armor when it is already maxed out, not when adding the last slot
- when adding armor slot by slot, first slot always has -1mm than following slots

Squad
- internal structure repair costs are wrong, repair modifier is being applied twice
Ex: 14% repair markup => repair modifier = 1.14 * 1.14 = 1.3
- internal structure repairs are free (no cost to fix an armor location) if the armor in that location is fully repaired (with armor bays) – also, in this situation, it’s not possible to Squad Repair or Full Repair it
- there are numerous rounding/truncating issues with adding and repairing armor and internal structure

Pinboard
- if the jump ports are destroyed, it will not affect the Jump category
- if a leg is ripped off, it will not affect the Speed category
- scanner, battle computer, actuators…
- Cost is always the same, regardless of damage; it should probably be the titan’s Value being displayed, modified by damage taken
- the pinboard printout should print the weight of the titan with 2 decimal digits instead of 1
- the pinboard printout should print damage level of equipment and weapons for squad titans
Iceman
LarkinVB

RE: Factory issues

Post by LarkinVB »

Did you check wether all these errors are still there ? I stopped after I couldn't find a problem with
- Energy and CC weapons are being saved with 13 ammo in new designs and in rebuilds/refits
- when adding armor with Single Bodypart and with [1 slot], slot before the last generates 'no more armor allowed' message (it adds 2 slots in 1)
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

I edited the OT to clarify those issues. They're still there.

I'll clarify the armor rounding issues later, if you want, with examples.
Iceman
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

ORIGINAL: Thorgrim

I edited the OT to clarify those issues. They're still there.

I'll clarify the armor rounding issues later, if you want, with examples.

Heck, no ! [X(] I only want to touch the factory for big problems.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Ok, so here are some issues.

Tcc.cfg

If you set
sound_at_all = no
you get an error message
Factory [Sat May 11 12:57:16 2013]
Error loading sound nr:100

Factory [Sat May 11 12:57:16 2013]
Factory:Sound initialization failed!

in tos_ws_log.txt , which means it's always writing to disk when you fire up the factory module - not very healthy IMO, for something that has no reason to happen.

fvars.dat

To make the choice for some flares more interesting, I'd look into the following changes
Flares 1 -5sec
Flares 6 +5sec

The AP/mm value for Dullaroy armor is 0.697+ , and not 0.7 like it should be (displayed in the factory). It affects max armor for chassis.
10mm should have 7 APs (10*0.7), but factory only shows 6.
30mm should have 21 APs (30*0.7), but factory only shows 20.
90mm should have 63 APs (90*0.7), but factory only shows 62.

Adding Vicenium to an assault chassis. Vicenium, according to fvars.dat, weights exactly 1.0 tons/slot. If you add it slot by slot, you get:
1st slot: 0.97t
2nd slot: 2.00t
3rd slot: 3.02t
4th slot: 4.05t
5th slot: 5.08t
That's for a single location. There's 10 bodyparts, so globally there's a significant weight "loss" here.
First slot for other armor types weights:
M: 1.74t (1.8 in fvars.dat)
T: 2.08 (2.1)
D: 1.42 (1.5)

Text

Help text when 'Remove Weapon' is selected is wrong, it's 'THE TITAN CONSTRUCTION WINDOW' text for installing components.
In fact, there are 3 different 'THE TITAN CONSTRUCTION WINDOW' texts:
+24 : this should only be shown when you're installing components, not when removing weapons.
+50 : this is the regular one, which shows when window is active and no option is selected, it's ok.
+202 : this is the 2nd page when removing weapons, but should be the 1st and only one in that situation.

Conversely, when installing components, you also get the +202 help text as 2nd page, and you shouldn't. No relation.
Iceman

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”