Network Patch

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

LarkinVB

Network Patch

Post by LarkinVB »

I found some critical bugs with the network code and hopefully fixed them. I will release this patch sometimes this summer.
Thorgrim

RE: Network Patch

Post by Thorgrim »

Hey Henrik
It'd be great if you took this chance to fix a few more things, and release a new patch [:)] Just an idea though, in case you have the time and the patience to get back to the code.
I'm not really planning on playing MP, but if you could send me the fix, I'd appreciate it. You never know.
Thanks.
Iceman
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Hi Diogo, still lingering here ? [:D]

Name some extremly simple fixes and I may have a look. I do not plan to dive deeper into the code. Just fixing multiplayer so Kai and me can have a battle. The looser has to pay for two copies of this :

Divinity Original Sin
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Of course I am, always [;)]
I'll go through my old lists and post some stuff here.

Kickstarter is really popular these days. [:D] Looks interesting, that game. Old-school RPG? I'll have to check it out!
Iceman
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Here are some old issues with netgames:

- Sometimes (not always?) when a titan is hit by (some?) weapons fire, its heat goes up a few degrees. The heat spike is equal to a multiple of the titan's heat reduction - while playing a titan with heat reduction -2.40C/sec, I got heat spikes of 2.4, 4.8, 7.2, 9.6 and 12.0.
- It would be really nice if you could paste IPs into the netgame IP fields.
- Sometimes orders seem to get lost (most notably 'x') and you're prompted again for that mode in the next game second.
Iceman

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”