trouble installing patches

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: Arjuna

BARKHORN

trouble installing patches

Post by BARKHORN »

I just got this game and when I went to install patches 2.1 and 2.2 I got a error warning right when I hit the I agree button.It say's"Could not read from the registry(#2,line 1)" and also "could not read value LocalMachine\Software\MatrixGames\Highway to the Reich".When I hit the ok button it takes me to the destination screen it shows default Ihit the next button and I'm told I didn't choose a destination and to either choose default or browse which I did choosing the airborne assault folder in my program files folder and I install the patch.But when I run the game it shows ver.1.0.41.But in the info box it says the aa file was just modified.Does this mean that its been updated and it just doesn't change the ver.# on the game screen?
Arjuna

RE: trouble installing patches

Post by Arjuna »

BARKHORN,

Ver 1.0.41 cannot be right for HTTR. Are you trying to apply the HTTR patches to RDOA? In which case, they won't work. If you downloaded the latest HTTR from Matrix Games then it should already be fully patched.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
BARKHORN

Post by BARKHORN »

You are correct it is rdoa.I purchased from nws,used,through amazon who had it listed as httr,oh well it was only 9.95
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

BARKHORN,

Well our game engine has moved on considerably since RDOA. When you are ready to move on up drop back in. You will be most welcome. [:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
JeF

Post by JeF »

Barkhorn,

RDoA 1.0.41 ? You should have the Battlefront.com version then. With the full printed manual , right ?

Patches and expansions for RDoA are available at
The Drop Zone depot. Fell free to browse the web site for info about the complete serie.

Enjoy,

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
BARKHORN

Post by BARKHORN »

You are right it is battlefronts version with the printed manual.I went to your site but when I went to dl my dl manager gave me an "error could not login"
JeF

Post by JeF »

ORIGINAL: BARKHORN
I went to your site but when I went to dl my dl manager gave me an "error could not login"

This is strange. The site uses a pure anonymous FTP service. It should work with anything. What do you use as a download manager ?
I don't use any and I just checked I can download a file without issue.

Cheers,

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

Return to “Highway to the Reich Support”