AAR Module 1 Scenario 1 (Pergite)

Panther's War College is a venue to learn and share with fellow gamers the
command skills required to make you a great Panther Games armchair general.

Moderators: Arjuna, Real and Simulated Wars

Pergite!

AAR Module 1 Scenario 1 (Pergite)

Post by Pergite! »

AAR Scenario 1

Well, 9 hours didnt feel like alot of time but everything worked out smooth anyway.

I followed my initial plan from start (timing the 1 hour no order delay phase) ran over BENDVILLE, supressing and routing the poor guns in the forest edge with my support. Then the party advanced west and my forces setup at their respecive starting lines (N and E of BRIDGEVILLE) around 011030.
I soon made contact on the forest road E of BRIDGEVILLE about the same time as my whole assault rumbled into action. I tossed in the reserve quite early when I recived reports on that there where at least two companies and even engineers dug in defending the town.

Anyway,I hit those defenders really hard from the north and they routed across the bridges south in under an hour. My units had ended up in really good defensive positions after their assault so I didnt find a need to move them, which turned out to be a good thing when the counterattack begun.
I still had not gotten a firm grip on what kind of opposition I was dealing with. I had confirmed some AA guns, a heavy weapons platoon and at least one infantry company. My deployed own Heavy Weapons coy however made the process short for anyone trying to cross the bridges from the south. Most other units had allready dug in, and the counterattack was repelled swiftly.

I even had the time to send up my Krad coy further up the road to recce the highway and the next bridge. No opposition encountered and the road lay open ahead.

Just before time ran out, the enemy tried one final counterattack from the south but was on the verge of failing completely when the time was up, I do admire the AI effort though.

The 9th Recon Bn makes mincemeat of a not so well thought through counter-attack.

Lessons learned:

Its vital to scout the terrain with the LOS tool to find good positions for supporting elements. Moving them takes time (with order delay and all) and make sure that they are in the right place before the assault begins. ( I could not cover the whole of BRIDGEVILLE with my AT-Plt)

Counterattacking over a bridge without support is suicide.

Return to “Panther War College”