Is it too late to buy this game?

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

juntoalmar

Is it too late to buy this game?

Post by juntoalmar »

Hi,

I'm interested in a wargame based on Crete invasion and I have got here. This game seems great to me, but it's already a bit old. Is it too late to buy it? I mean, is going to be discontinued anytime soon?

On the other hand, is there any newer version? I've seen “Command Ops Battle of the Bulge” and “Command Ops Battle of Greece” are they renewed versions of “Conquest of the aegean”? Are there scenarios in BOTB or BOG where you can play Crete invasion?

Thanks in advance!
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Once Joey

RE: Is it too late to buy this game?

Post by Once Joey »

I saw this listed at ebay this morning, the "old" version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200979069895
Conquest of the Aegean - Panther War Games (Matrix 2006)
World War II Strategy Game War Sim

"I am not now, nor have I ever been mechanically inclined."
simovitch

RE: Is it too late to buy this game?

Post by simovitch »

"Battles for Greece" is the expansion and remake of the COTA scenarios that featured Albania and Greece, using the new BFTB engine and features. Panther Games will be following up with the remake of the Crete battles soon for BFTB to complete the COTA remake.

You will need to purchase BFTB first.

The original COTA is still for sale through Matrix.
simovitch

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”