Question about FOW and smoke

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Wiggum

Question about FOW and smoke

Post by Wiggum »

Hi,

while playing the tutorial #1 of COTA i had a Bn reorg for a attack (FUP) in LOS to some enemy units.
They got shot at during reorg and because of that it took some time until they finaly attacked.

Ok, i know that setting a FUP in LOS to enemy units is not clever but i just did everything like in the tutorial manual.
I think in this situation it would be great to have some kind of smoke screen covering the FUP.
But i cant find anything about smoke in the manual so i think its not in the game.

Now, is there any kind of abstraction of smoke and FOW ?
I mean there is always some smoke/dust on a battlefield that restricts the LOS to some degree...
Wiggum

RE: Question about FOW and smoke

Post by Wiggum »

After reading the manual again (and the BFTB manual too) i see some reference to smoke-shells but thats all.
The word smoke can be found only 2x in the hole manual...
wodin

Post by wodin »

Smoke...that is something the game needs...maybe mention it in the BftB thread. Actually I will.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Smoke is not modelled yet. It is on our wish lsit for future development.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”