Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully.

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

JWW

Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully.

Post by JWW »

Just a technical note for those wondering. I finally bought COTA on sale this week and got it successfully working on my brand new Win 7 64bit widescreen computer running at 1600x900. I've never had a widescreen, so I am new to dealing with things related to these odd screen sizes. At first it would not run. I did a combination of things, followed the instructions in the manual and here and added -resolution 1600x900 to a copy of the quickstart shortcut at the end of the target line, and I also deleted the opening avi. videos. I found the thing about the videos somewhere in the technical support forum. It now starts and runs fine without putting it in any compatitiblity mode. Before I deleted the videos, it ran under Vista2 compatibility. Now it works fine without any compaatibility mode. I thought this might help some people. Oh, yeah, I saved the videos in my COTA folder on my backup portable hard drive. I always keep a copy of the installation file and serial # and such for any of my Matrix games on a couple of backup drives actually.

Yeah, I know I'm running one game behind on the air assault game system, but that is usually how I do things. I'll catch up with the new game in a year or two. And I won't worry about what I'm missing because COTA is a lot of fun.
simovitch

RE: Playing COTA on Win 7 wide screen successfully.

Post by simovitch »

Nice, thanks for the tip.

Don't forget to download the last patch which includes the 1941 North Africa scenarios![8D]
simovitch

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”