COTA combat & supply

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

simovitch

RE: COTA combat & supply

Post by simovitch »

Some modifications have been done with Patch 3 that helps keep the defending AI from voluntarily leaving an improved position. I think there have also been some tweaks that makes it more likely that a defender that has been booted from his defensive position will abandon the defend task if it seems too hopeless. Arjuna will have to chime in here when he returns.

We have included "dismounted" armored infantry and armored engineer troops to BFTB. It's a stop gap measure until an actual dismounting effect can be coded in.
simovitch

Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: simovitch

We have included "dismounted" armored infantry and armored engineer troops to BFTB. It's a stop gap measure until an actual dismounting effect can be coded in.

Would that be something along the lines of mechanized/motorized units complete with their armoured vehicles showing the "boot" of a leg/foot movement class unit ??

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Conflux

Post by Conflux »

Hi

1. I think consumption based on time would be better than on distance travelled. It seems a bit academic thought as all motorised units appear at scenario start with full tanks. I've tried changing fuel loads in the scenario editor but it always reverts to the stock loadout for me.

2. Seems about ok for me - apart from the 'dance of death'

3. Also seems about ok. I've had units running out of ammo (other than arty/mortar rounds which are always running out) on occaison

Many thanks for all this good work and a very Merry Christmas to you all

M

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Deathtreader

Would that be something along the lines of mechanized/motorized units complete with their armoured vehicles showing the "boot" of a leg/foot movement class unit ??

Rob.

Yes, precisely. We removed the vehicles and drivers from the motorized versions and made them foot-type movement class.
simovitch

Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Rob.

Yes, precisely. We removed the vehicles and drivers from the motorized versions and made them foot-type movement class.

Sounds interesting, but this could be a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" situation. Depends on how you determined which units to dismount. Don't mean to be picky but I hope you didn't just sort of arbitrarily or randomly pick a few units to be dismounted per scenario type of thing. A player might find themselves wishing for the unit's original motorized capability in some circumstances. If this was the approach perhaps both versions of the affected scenarios could be included.
If you've done something else then I'll shut up and ask for enlightenment. [&o]

Rob. [:)]
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Sounds interesting, but this could be a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" situation. Depends on how you determined which units to dismount. Don't mean to be picky but I hope you didn't just sort of arbitrarily or randomly pick a few units to be dismounted per scenario type of thing. A player might find themselves wishing for the unit's original motorized capability in some circumstances. If this was the approach perhaps both versions of the affected scenarios could be included.
If you've done something else then I'll shut up and ask for enlightenment. [&o]

Rob. [:)]

In my scenarios, I dismounted those units that were found to be on foot historically at the time. In another scenario the same unit may show up as motorized, i.e. it got some gas or transport. Again, it's a stopgap measure until Dave can code in the seperation of men and transport during the game.
simovitch

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”