COTA - The 5 Minute Guide

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Arjuna

RE: COTA - The 5 Minute Guide

Post by Arjuna »

Dan,

I just tried it and it shows up and runs fine. One thing though it takes a little while before starting to play - as it buffers the movie into RAM. It would be nice to have a wait cursor during that time. Some may jump to the wrong conclusion and think it's broke.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna
... broke.

I already got the feedback that clicking on the "5-minute guide" title directs you to the trailer, not the 5-minute guide. A copy & paste accident from the item below that probably [:D]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

On the Arjuna principal that good can come from adversity, I've just seen the trailer for the fist time! [;)]
Ray
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hey yeh, you're right Eddy.

Dan,

While the link to View the 5 Min Guide and to Download the zip file of it work correctly, the URL for the subheading ( 5-minute Guide ) links to the Trailer instead. Can you please fix. Thanks.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

ORIGINAL: sterckxe
A copy & paste accident from the item below that probably [:D]

Bingo! [:D] Fixed.

Dave - Wait cursor?? I remember cursing as I waited for COTA to come out... is that what you mean? [;)]

Seriously, I'm mot sure how to do that... but I'll investigate.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

[font="compatilfact lt regular"]Suggestion:[/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"] [/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"]To be zoomed right in, or one step out. Any more and it looks congested.[/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"]To use small counters for the whole of the movie.[/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"]Then at one moment  pause, switch to the large counters and run through some of the “F” keys to check a few things – but not everything.[/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"]Then switch back to small counters and continue.[/font]
[font="compatilfact lt regular"]At one moment, comment that it is a short movie and you need to switch to fast speed, do so and then switch back to slow speed again.[/font]
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Very helpful. I would like to know more about some of the hotkeys he was using for pause and FF. I'll look them up in the pdf manual. This was an excellent way to get people up to speed quickly. In fact, I think this concept spread over a few different series or "chapters" could almost replace any other form of manual. Very interesting and well done.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
zhu_kov

Post by zhu_kov »

Just want to know , the link is broken ? when it will be fix ?
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: zhu_kov

Just want to know , the link is broken ? when it will be fix ?

The direct link to the COTA folder is indeed not working, but the first link listed to the main public FTP folder does work. Use that one and follow the folders to the COTA one to get the guide. It is a ZIP file you will need to download.
Hans

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”