Multiplayer Sign Up....

Post requests for multiplayer games here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Mahatma

Multiplayer Sign Up....

Post by Mahatma »

Is it possible to collect all interested people in one place?

Name: Mahatma
Time Zone: GMT
Available: ~3pm to 7pm most days.

Have: Socks. Deodorant. £2 gloves. Mince pies.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
skarp

RE: Multiplayer Sign Up....

Post by skarp »

hi Mahatma
I guess here is the obvious place. I'm finally playing a networked game and enjoying it far more than playing against the machine. I think it's the scheduling that makes things difficult for most people. Ideally I'd like to fins someone playing later than you, say after 10pm GMT.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

and enjoying it far more than playing against the machine

Reminds me of a Norwegian joke about the Finns:

Pekka and Toivonen are sitting on a dock in Lapland, mid-winter, - 30degrees. They've cut holes in the ice and are dangling their toes in the water. They sit like that for several hours, saying nothing, then Toivonen speaks - 'Pekka. Do you prefer doing it by yourself, or with a woman?'
Pekka thinks about this for a couple of hours, dangling his toes in the water, then says; 'You know Toivonen I think I prefer it with a woman. That way you really get to meet people.'
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Hmm no takers? I can be more flexible, perhaps 2000 to 2300 GMT? And Sunday afternoon or evening. Or something similar. When the new patch is out.
Want: Line formation banned until I give a specific order to use line formation. Troops that don't take lie-ins until 0800 unless ordered to never rest.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

The reason so few people are in for H2H, Mahatma, is because it's very hard to regularly find the time. I'm guessing most people work by day and have families by night and at weekends. I can play during the day some days, as it happens. I'm in Brussels. But you can't play by day, right? 3pm to 7pm for me is when I pick the kids up from school and put them to bed. 7pm to 11pm is when I get to spend time with my wife. How about one Saturday morning, or sunday morning, after the patch, in the new year. In about 3 hours we could probably get about half way through something small like Hofen. Otherwise, if you can do weekday mornings I'm certainly up for that (after the holidays)
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Sure, I can be flexible. Mornings aren't possible for me but anything from 1700 to 2200 GMT monday to saturday can be done. Anytime Sunday is fine.

Say, 20 minutes to issue orders before the battle, then speed 2 which takes 2 minutes per hour of game time = 20 + 54*2 = 118 minutes. Seem reasonable?
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Well, I guess it takes as long as it takes, on whatever speed you're comfortable with - for me that's 1, unless nothing is happening (right at the start, at night, etc). It plays at the slowest speed selected by the two players. I wouldn't want any timing restrictions, or speed restrictions. And I wouldn't be in a hurry. Do you want to wait until after the patch? That might mean February, I'm guessing.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

February? Really? I guess we have to wait because the patch fixes the armoured car/M8 issue does it not?

No speed restrictions then, although I'll leave my side on speed 2 90% of the time for the record to try and speed things along.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I hope it's not as late as that, but after Panther have sorted it to their satisfaction there's sometimes a week plus delay before Matrix can fit the patches into their schedule. So it will be near Feb, I think, and that's assuming they can sort things.

But you can play without waiting, I think. There are always little issues. I wouldn't worry about them. Maybe not play a scenario with lots of US armoured cars. Or if they're there then balance the other side accordingly. How about we play Manhay with the Axis reinforced? If they're not beefed-up a bit then it's virtually impossible to win Manhay as Axis (as in real life). There's an option to favour Axis which does some balancing (adds in the infamous Oradour-sur-Glane massacre battalion, if I remember rightly...). I can play either side. Not bothered. PM me your email so we can hook up better if you want to do that. Manhay is a nice battle. It was important historically, as it was as far as the Axis (and 2 SS Das Reich, in particular) got in the centre before the Allies turned them back. It's a big challenge for the Axis, I think, even with a favour Axis option.

Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Ok I'll do Manhay as Axis as I've never played allies on Command Ops. As it's the holidays I can play any time. I've also not played the Manhay scenario so I don't know anything about the positioning of the allies units or reinforcements.

PM sent.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”