Download Patch V4.6.279

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Iwbtone

RE: Download Patch V4.6.279

Post by Iwbtone »

Dowonladed the patch successfully, but never can't get converted data packs from member club's ftp link, using different browsers, using some download speedup app, always download stoped when downloading, and this random ftp link dl speed is too slow.

Any chance to let updated packs get a mirror download link like patch?

btw, not only this one, almost everything at member club is too hard to download successfully
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: Iwbtone

Dowonladed the patch successfully, but never can't get converted data packs from member club's ftp link, using different browsers, using some download speedup app, always download stoped when downloading, and this random ftp link dl speed is too slow.

Any chance to let updated packs get a mirror download link like patch?

btw, not only this one, almost everything at member club is too hard to download successfully
Please raise a support ticket with Matrix Support. They can help you with this.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
nemo7

Post by nemo7 »

Hello there gents [:)] After the new patch I am facing this problem. Any ideas?

Templer_12

Additional converted data packs for Greece and Highway to the Reich

Post by Templer_12 »

I have installed the new patch V4.6.279 – July 8 2014.
Thank you for the patch! [:)]

Do I have to install the up to date fully converted data packs for Battles for Greece and Highway to the Reich additionally or are they included in the patch V4.6.279 – July 8 2014?
Arjuna

RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and Highway to the Reich

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: Templer
Do I have to install the up to date fully converted data packs for Battles for Greece and Highway to the Reich additionally or are they included in the patch V4.6.279 – July 8 2014?
Yes you need to install the updated data packs separately.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

ORIGINAL: Templer
Yes you need to install the updated data packs separately.

How?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Go to the Members area. It should have the update installers for the data packs you are registered for. Download these and run them.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
henry1611

Post by henry1611 »

Go to the Members area. It should have the update installers for the data packs you are registered for. Download these and run them.

There is no installer. There is a compressed file that contains two folders: Maps and Scenarios. Open the folders and then drag, drop and replace into the corresponding Maps and Scenarios folders in Command Ops:BftB directory.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: henry1611

There is no installer. There is a compressed file that contains two folders: Maps and Scenarios. Open the folders and then drag, drop and replace into the corresponding Maps and Scenarios folders in Command Ops:BftB directory.

Can you extract directly to "HTTR_Pack\" ?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

The HTTR Data Pack is just a zip file. Drag it into your BFTB Game directory and unzip it. It should extract the maps and scenarios to their respective directories automatically.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
decaro

Post by decaro »

The HTTR Data Pack is just a zip file. Drag it into your BFTB Game directory and unzip it. It should extract the maps and scenarios to their respective directories automatically.

Thanks. So far, it has worked like a charm.
pacwar

Post by pacwar »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I went into my members page and pulled up the HTTR page but the Data Pack doesn't seem to be there...when I went to the Bulge page the latest update shown was 4.263 from last February...how do I update that page?
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: pacwar

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I went into my members page and pulled up the HTTR page but the Data Pack doesn't seem to be there...when I went to the Bulge page the latest update shown was 4.263 from last February...how do I update that page?

After logging into the Members Community Page (http://www.matrixgames.com/community/) the appropriate updates are available from the "Downloads for Registered Games" link: http://www.matrixgames.com/members/private.asp
Take care,

jim
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Should I install patch .279 before or after installing HttR and BfG?
Are patches for HttR and BfG still needed or only BftB .279?
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Should I install patch .279 before or after installing HttR and BfG?
Are patches for HttR and BfG still needed or only BftB .279?

You should install .279 and then the HttR and BfG.

The basic .279 patch includes BftB map files recompiled with the .279 MapMaker function and overwritten on existing BftB maps directory. The recompiling allows for an improved interpretation of terrain attributes built into the .279 game software.

The HttR and BfG sets are map files recompiled under the MapMaker .279 patch that will replace the Maps for those battle sets.

Overwriting existing map files with those reduces the delay in loading HttR and BfG games after the .279 patch is installed.

I don't believe the delay in the game software loading the old maps for HttR and BfG (or custom maps for that matter) replaces the old map files with the recompiled versions.

It's tedious, but you can accomplish the same actions as downloading and installing the HttR and BfG packs by using MapMaker to "recalculate terrain tables" and "build map cache" on appropriate map files.

If you play any custom scenarios with custom maps authored prior to the .279 patch, you have to use MapMaker to permanently recalculate terrain tables and build map caches for those to load quickly and operate appropriately with the .279 attributes.
Take care,

jim
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Install basic BFTB, patch it with .279. Install the add-ons - HTTR and BfG. Then, from the member's area get the conversion packs for HTTR and BfG and add them in. They convert the add-on pack maps to .279 level
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Thanks guys.
Count Sessine

Post by Count Sessine »

Forget about it - problem solved by running the updater as admin...

Return to “Command Ops Series”