New Command Ops Facebook Fan Page

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

ChrisMaiorana

New Command Ops Facebook Fan Page

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Please join the new Command Ops Facebook Fan Page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Command-Ops-Fan-Site/591858244201570
Missouri_Rebel

RE: New Command Ops Facebook Fan Page

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

While I don't use facebook, it is a very nice site. Good job.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Thanks!
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Nice[&o]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I'm not much of an FB fan, Cap, but I looked and that got me to your 'The Sharp End Gaming' page and the CO scenarios you've made. Did you post them here as well? I don't remember, and if so didn't see them. But I downloaded a couple, so far, and am enjoying very much. The 'Champs' scenario (which still needs SEPs adding in, though it's easy enough to do for yourself) is very nice and would be a great beginner intro as it's so small. Not just beginner though - I love that scale where you can keep track of all units easily. (I enjoy bigger ones too, but with the bigger ones you have to teach yourself to treat each individual area as a separate little scenario, I think, or you lose track). I also downloaded 'Best' (is it different to the 101 'Screaming Eagles' scenario in HTTR, or just a cut-out of part of it, as it were?), the Moselle crossing scenario, the Italian one. Haven't tried them yet. Thanks for making and sharing them though. Look forward to the Stalingrad scenario!

Peter

UPDATE: Just saw you have posted these scenarios here too. Good.
joeyeti

Post by joeyeti »

I will chime in - kudos to Cap for the scenarios and his page!

What I wanted to ask personally - do some of the require you to have HTTR (those from the Market Garden campaign), or are they all self-contained and playable also under the base game only?
Joe
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Wow. Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate them very much.

Peter, the Best scenario is a snapshot of the 101st drop (I've not played the full one in game so I don't know how closely it resembles that). The fight for Best was on the western edge of their AO. Scenario starts in the early evening of the 1st day. You take command of four full battalions of the 101st and are tasked with holding the drop zones, St. Oedenrode and taking Best. Advance British armored units will reinforce late on day 2 (Household cavalry). I also saw your Champs comments and I've pm'd you.

Joe I don't know the answer to your question. I have HTTR but don't have Greece. The Arnaville scenario(is USvGermans), the Best and Piercing the Gothic Line scenarios are as well. The Lion Route scenario is set in Arnhem on the 2nd and 3rd days. So maybe only the Lion Route is one you couldn't play? Or maybe it doesn't matter. If there is something I can do to make them playable for everyone please let me know.

As for the Stalingrad scenario it is coming along. Maybe within a week or two?? Definitely will be done by Christmas. :)

Chris
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Oh and Dave I am glad you like the FB page! Hopefully it will continue to grow!!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Just to pile on here, I visited the site as well, though I don't have a facebook account so I'm not sure how or if it registered. I ended up wandering around not only your Command Ops page and scenarios, but also saw some links to some other interesting wargames.

Thanks for posting!

Rick
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Thanks Rick!
dordo59

Post by dordo59 »

I am on FB only for this ! [;)]

Thanks

Return to “Command Ops Series”