Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge!

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

SeanD

Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge!

Post by SeanD »

Report for duty at Division CP – a free playable demo for Battles from the Bulge has arrived!

Matrix Games and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are thrilled to release a free playable demo for the critically acclaimed WWII strategy game, Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. The demo includes the fictional scenario called “Return to St. Vith” which depicts Patton’s 4th Armored Division launching a fierce counteroffensive behind enemy lines to cut off the supply route for German units still in the Bulge.

The demo is available is available from the game’s downloads page.

You can also find some tutorial videos to help you out: Getting Started, Game Concepts, and Assess, Plan, and Order.

Battles from the Bulge has seen some impressive critical reaction since its release, scoring a 9 out of 10 on Eurogamer.dk, winning a Silver Award from Gamer’s Hall, and taking home a perfect score of 8 from Out of Eight!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Critics and gamers alike have poured on the praise since the release of Battles from the Bulge. We believe that the unparalleled historical realism and playability found in Battles from the Bulge speaks so loudly for itself that releasing a demo makes perfect sense!”

Assess, Plan, Order and React – The Decisions are Yours!

Acclaimed developer Panther Games brings us to the bitter cold of Western Europe during the Winter of 1944 with Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. Although the Battle of the Bulge is ground that has been visited by wargamers before, it has never been done with this level of fidelity and historical accuracy. The most advanced and realistic model of command decision-making implemented to date in a commercial wargame, combined with thorough historical research on the battlefields and forces involved in this campaign sets Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge apart from the competition.

Set during the hard fighting of the Battle of the Bulge, Command Ops lets gamers assess, plan, order and react at the operational level just like a real Corps, Division and Brigade commander. Hundreds of hours of gameplay await armchair generals who will be challenged to fight their way across 27 scenarios that stretch from the initial German surprise offensive to the powerful Allied counter-attack.

Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge also sports some of the most advanced and impressive AI ever devised in an operational-level wargame! It is your choice whether to manage every detail of your army, or have the friendly AI manage the war on a lower level while you plan the larger scale maneuvers designed to make short work of your enemy. Just as a historical commander, you can choose where you need to step in and when you need to stand back and let your subordinates do their jobs.

The enemy AI will use its skill to launch well-timed and coordinated strikes as it probes your lines for weakness while realistically reacting to your movements! In addition, for the enthusiastic mod community awaiting Command Ops, powerful tools like MapMaker and ScenMaker allow for the creation of maps and scenarios further adding to already near limitless replayability.

Get more information on Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge from its official product page and be sure to download and play the demo!
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
RangerX3X

RE: Demo Now Available for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge!

Post by RangerX3X »

After installing the demo and attempting to run the game Norton Security Suite stops the process cold and deletes the executable. The demo cannot be played. Anyone else run into this?
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

After installing the demo and attempting to run the game Norton Security Suite stops the process cold and deletes the executable. The demo cannot be played. Anyone else run into this?

Yep...my Norton also did same (as it has done on some other games). But Norton also lets you override the deletion/security setting and restore the .exe. No problem.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

Yep...my Norton also did same (as it has done on some other games). But Norton also lets you override the deletion/security setting and restore the .exe. No problem.

Mine does not - it deletes the .exe and there is no option to restore it. Yes, problem.
htuna

Post by htuna »

I was able to go into the Quarantine section of Norton and undelete it and also say that it was an ok exe... it ran fine after that..
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

I have Norton Internet Security 2010. Initially there is a popup saying the .exe is deleted. If you click on the details of the popup, Norton (2010) lets you restore the file; and also allows you to disable Norton from scanning and deleting the .exe in the future.

Or, you can locate in the quarantine section as noted above.

RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

Got it working thanks...
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Never mind.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

bump
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

Glad to see this game got a demo! I'm a little behind the times!
Carolie04

Post by Carolie04 »

ImageI was able to go into the Quarantine section of Norton and undelete it and also say that it was an ok exe
No idea

Post by No idea »

I cant make the demo work (by the way, I also have Norton). I disabled the antivirus (or so I hope) but as soon as I click Start a New Game at the main screen menu I get a CTD.
No idea

Post by No idea »

This is the error I get

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: CmdOps.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4c39abff
Nombre del módulo con errores: CmdOps.exe
Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4c39abff
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 00063838
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48