Duration ???

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Fred98

Duration ???

Post by Fred98 »

In the first screen shot, I have used the pathing tooils and chose the Quickest route.

Note the duration is estimated at 10 mins.

In the second screen shot, I have given the move order using the Quickest route. Note the estimate is now 4 hours!

In the third screen shot the move is now complete and it has taken 51 mins!

What am I doing wrong!

-
CriticalMass

RE: Duration ???

Post by CriticalMass »

I think the duration there is 4 days though this doesn't tally with start/end above. I would suggest the task is still being processed.

Estimate 10 minutes, actual 50 minutes (sounds like the wife getting ready to go out)
I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

ORIGINAL: CriticalMass

I think the duration there is 4 days though this doesn't tally with start/end above. I would suggest the task is still being processed.

Estimate 10 minutes, actual 50 minutes (sounds like the wife getting ready to go out)

In the military everything takes an hour, so I think the timings are spot on! [:)]
DanOppenheim

Post by DanOppenheim »

It's probably ten minutes to do the travelling, which is what the pathing tool estimates, and 41 to do the organising to move.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I imagine the four day thing was the length of the scenario...
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

If you give other commands, such as Attack, the duration is estimated in that screen in hours and minutes.

It is only the move comand thta estimates 4 days. I suspect a bug.

And the difference between the estomated move time and the actual move time is probably another bug. They moved from friendly territiry to friendly territory. The estimate of 10 mins should have been fairly accurate.  The actual move time of 51 mins is too large a difference.

-

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

A battalion sized unit with 4 subordinate companies and two subordinate platoons........41 minutes planning time to dissiminate and execute the move order and 10 minutes to complete the move itself........the planning time seems realistic.....it's the movement time that doesen't.
Hans

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Click on a battallion HQ unit and give a move order.

When you check the duration it is always the number of days till the scenario is due to end. This is clearly wrong!

Now click on any subordinate. The duration pf the move is an accurate estimate.

Now give an attack order. The duration given by the HQ unit and the duration given by any subordinate are all accurate estimates.

I request that the inaccurate estimate above be corrected.

-
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Bump
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter
........41 minutes planning time to dissiminate and execute the move order and 10 minutes to complete the move itself........the planning time seems realistic.....

The planning time was 4 days !

The move time was 51 mins so that sounds right.

-

vj531

Post by vj531 »

Sadly, I think you are being ignored Joe.
All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Joe,

The task end is not necessarily start plus estimated plan duration. For most orders a task will end at scenario end to ensure that the force doesn't run out of a current task. If you order a force to Move to X, then yes it will first create a Move task to that location. But once there it will defend till the end of the scenario unless ordered otherwise.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
vj531

Post by vj531 »

Would it better to show the duration as till the end of that direct orders completion?

So as long as something does not happen to delay it, it will take X.

Would be great when planning.
All the best
Stephen

i5 Win 10 8GB RAM
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

When I give a move order, how long will it take the unit to move there?

-
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Check its actual plan task. To do so, select the unit, hold the contrtol key down and hit the down arrow key. Alternatively, seelct the unit, select its order task and then click again to reveal thea ctual plan task. It will have a grey background instead of the usual white background. Then check the end time in the task data view on the sidebar.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I followed the instruction.

I one again failed. Duration is 4 days!

Once every 6 months I put an hour into the game and find it doesnt work and then close it.

How long will it take to complete any move ???

-
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Any updates here?

Return to “Command Ops Series”