Setting "arrive at..."

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Fred98

Setting "arrive at..."

Post by Fred98 »

The time is currently 13:00 hours

I use the pathing tools and determine that a unit will take 80 mins to complete its move. If it begins now it will arrive at 14:20 hours.

But actually I want it to arrive at 16:00 hours.

The tutorial says I ought to delay the start till ……….you can all do the staff work.

I don’t want to do the staff work.

Instead of doing the staff work, I suggest that I be able to order that the move ends at 16:00 hours.

It seems you can change the end time when you issue an order. But the unit arrives at 14:20 hours instead of 16:00 hours.

-

DanOppenheim

RE: Setting "arrive at..."

Post by DanOppenheim »

Lazy bugger. :P

I agree that'd be quite a handy thing to have.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

Instead of doing the staff work, I suggest that I be able to order that the move ends at 16:00 hours.

I can just imagine Patton saying:"I want you to arrive at 1600, and I don't give a sweet sh*t when you start!"

ROFL...[:D]

Henri
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

I think I saw where they want to implement Phase Lines into the AI in the future, which would functionally accomplish the same thing- i.e. order a unit to reach a location by a certain time.

Post by Fred98 »

Bump
budd

Post by budd »

Joe you might want to follow up on these questions here http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/forums/ ... series.28/ probably get a quicker response since command ops switched publishers and this forum got put in the cellar.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Command Ops Series”